Never heard this...Ninkovich says Bills visiting locker room is the worst in the NFL by far

Big Turk

19 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The heat on the visitors sideline is the same as its been since 1987. The only difference is that the home team is shaded now.

Which is the entire point.  They artificially created an unfair advantage that is directly related to health.  Before, both teams were at risk of dehydration and heat exhaustion.  Now only one is.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2022 at 10:40 AM, Big Turk said:

He was on yesterday and talked about it a little bit and then again today he brings it up and Ryan Clark laughs and agrees saying "It is so trash!".

He says the visiting locker room has a single toilet for all those players, when you take a shower half of them don't even work and then you are literally standing in about 4 inches of water from all the other players because the drains don't work either and says it smells terrible.  Says it's the worst in the NFL by far and no matter how many times they change the carpet or paint the walls it doesn't make it any better.

Yesterday he also talked about how cramped it is in there and how players would be standing outside the locker room freezing in the winter to get IV's because there wasn't enough room in there to do it. Says it is a huge homefield advantage in the winter and nobody wants to come here to play during that time especially.

His part starts around the 4 minutes mark.  

Is this why we play Miami home late in the season cook our team in summer we will freeze your a** in the winter

On 12/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, eball said:

Which is the entire point.  They artificially created an unfair advantage that is directly related to health.  Before, both teams were at risk of dehydration and heat exhaustion.  Now only one is.

Right...which means their players will be better prepared and less effected as the game goes on...in addition to ALREADY having an advantage because they play and practice in that every day in training camp while most teams do not, especially from the Northern climates.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:37 AM, Einstein said:

Thats not what I wrote at all. Did you not read my post?

This I agree with. It's an advantage for the Dolphins. No doubt about it.

But I don't know how anyone can say its a health issue now, when that point was never brought up before it had a roof. That's a bit disingenuous. Seriously, who here was complaining about Miami heat before the stadium retrofit? Anyone? Ever? The heat on the visitors sideline is the same as its been since 1987. The only difference is that the home team is shaded now.

Can you confirm Miami didn't allow tents and cooling benches for both sidelines through all those years in direct sunlight?

The problem with your argument is that it is consistently cloudy in Miami due to the humidity giving some respite. Combine that with half the games being away in September and chances that the temperature isn't typically what it is in direct sunlight, this may not have been a common problem because when there was direct sunlight, Miami likely allowed tents for shade and cooling benches because their own players wanted them. Now they don't because they have shade no matter what. This leads to a new scenario of the Dolphins saying eff your comfort, we are good. So you see it can be new.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Can you confirm Miami didn't allow tents and cooling benches for both sidelines through all those years in direct sunlight? Miami likely allowed tents for shade and cooling benches because their own players wanted them. 

Yes, I can confirm it. Because i’ve been watching the NFL for over 30 years. Do you not remember playing the Dolphins before they had the roof? Do you not remember both sidelines in full sun without shade? Perhaps you’re a young fan.

For example, here is the Dolphins on a 90~ degree September day almost a decade ago. Both sidelines without shade.

D12-B16-F1-1-AD7-45-EF-A934-A435-ED389-C

and another 

C15-B0-CF5-335-A-403-B-A7-AB-BCF55-AF1-F

As for cooling benches, the Bills could have them now. Ship them to Miami for the Dolphins game and use them. I don’t think they have.

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes, I can confirm it. Because i’ve been watching the NFL for over 30 years. Do you not remember playing the Dolphins before they had the roof? Do you not remember both sidelines in full sun without shade? Perhaps you’re a young fan.

For example, here is the Dolphins on a 90~ degree September day almost a decade ago. Both sidelines without shade.

and another 

As for cooling benches, the Bills could have them now. Ship them to Miami for the Dolphins game and use them. I don’t think they have.

Which games were those? Bottom one definitely looks cloudy.

If the top one was Dolphins vs Texans Week 2 Sept 18th 2011, it looks fairly shady at times:

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Which games were those? Bottom one definitely looks cloudy.

If the top one was Dolphins vs Texans Week 2 Sept 18th 2011, it looks fairly shady at times:

Yes, im sure a cloud or two passes by the stadium every game.

This is getting ridiculous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes, im sure a cloud or two passes by the stadium every game.

This is getting ridiculous.

It was also a 4:15pm game which makes a difference. But it is what it is. You admit it is an advantage but disagree with the rationale why it is an advantage which is players suffering heat exhaustion and overheating. Both can't be true.

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

and another 

I remember reading shortly after the game that the home team decides if extra equipment such as cooling benches will be used. If they say no, then neither team can have them. Can't remember or confirm the source.

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I remember reading shortly after the game that the home team decides if extra equipment such as cooling benches will be used. If they say no, then neither team can have them. Can't remember or confirm the source.

Each team is allowed benches. You can bring your own. In fact, the Patriots brought cooling benches to Miami just last year.

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I thought the players talked about having all those things, but it didn't matter because it was so humid and the sun was baking them. The fans and benches seemed to do nothing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.