Never heard this...Ninkovich says Bills visiting locker room is the worst in the NFL by far

Big Turk

On 10/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Ummmm Every single year from high school to college to the pros there are heat related deaths in football

From 1995 to 2020 50 high school football players died because of heat stroke

That’s not including college players

Nobody’s ever died of cold on the football field

High school is not comparable to NFL, you are talking children vs fully grown men. 

Medical personnel in NFL sidelines in incomparable vs moms and dads for high school kids. 

So what NFL players died at Miami?

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

High school is not comparable to NFL, you are talking children vs fully grown men. 

Medical personnel in NFL sidelines in incomparable vs moms and dads for high school kids. 

If you don’t think nfl players are susceptible to heat stoke idk what to tell you 

and D1 colleges have absolutely top notch staffing on the sideline and college players die including NFL player Corey stringer back in the day 

It happens … it doesn’t happen to cold football players 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you don’t think nfl players are susceptible to heat stoke idk what to tell you 

and D1 colleges have absolutely top notch staffing on the sideline and college players die including NFL player Corey stringer back in the day 

It happens … it doesn’t happen to cold football players 

You're telling me Miami needs to change their field because of players dying. I simply asked what players died at Miami. 

I'm not saying heat stroke doesn't exist, I'm saying no NFL players have died in Miami.  

I remember Korey Stringer died of heat stroke in Minnesota. It can happen anywhere if proper care is not taken. 

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

You're telling me Miami needs to change their field because of players dying. I simply asked what players died at Miami. 

I'm not saying heat stroke doesn't exist, I'm saying no NFL players have died in Miami.  

I remember Korey Stringer died of heat stroke in Minnesota. It can happen anywhere if proper care is not taken. 

I never said players died in Miami … I said that heat stroke IS the number one cause of death on the football field

and Miami has a stadium that puts one team at a huge risk of it… it’s not the first time it’s been said

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

If player safety were as important as they say, the NFL would be smart to schedule the Miami home games in the first 4-6 weeks of the season during primetime or 4:30pm.  It’s such a simple precaution, doesn’t cost a cent and makes way too much sense.  If you don’t understand that….  Good luck to ya

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I started to respond, but, deleted.

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, ArtVandalay said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/07/12/marion-barbers-death-what-we-know-dangers-heatstroke/10036028002/

On 10/15/2022 at 4:40 PM, ArtVandalay said:

Do you know what proper care is when you're in the sun too long?  Get out of the sun and stop hard physical exertion in which you can't do on the visitor sidelines in Miami.  

Are you more susceptible for heat stroke in hotter temps...like lets say a city like Miami? 

On 10/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, Beck Water said:

Ah yes, "Who died?", that Gold Standard for assessing whether a workplace or operation is safe or sensible 🙄

That’s basically how the FAA governs. Bigger the body count, the higher the profile of accident, the quicker the action taken.

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you know what proper care is when you're in the sun too long?  Get out of the sun and stop hard physical exertion in which you can't do on the visitor sidelines in Miami.  

Are you more susceptible for heat stroke in hotter temps...like lets say a city like Miami? 

Just want to point out that teams have played on that sideline in that heat in Miami for almost 35 years.

This only became a big issue when the Dolphins shaded their sideline. 

But their shade doesnt amplify the visitors heat. The heat on the visitors side is the same as it always has been.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Just want to point out that teams have played on that sideline in that heat in Miami for almost 35 years.

But their shade doesnt amplify the visitors heat. The heat on the visitors side is the same as it always has been.

Are you telling me being in the sun isn't any different that not being in the sun?

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Maybe not but it means the Fins now get a break from it while the other team doesn't, which means they get an artificially induced competitive advantage. Their bodies get a chance to cool down much more than their opponents. 

How about the Bills build enclosures on the sidelines their players can go into that are heated but not for the other team?  That would be the equivalent.

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you telling me being in the sun isn't any different that not being in the sun?

Thats not what I wrote at all. Did you not read my post?

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe not but it means the Fins now get a break from it while the other team doesn't, which means they get an artificially induced competitive advantage. Their bodies get a chance to cool down much more than their opponents.

This I agree with. It's an advantage for the Dolphins. No doubt about it.

But I don't know how anyone can say its a health issue now, when that point was never brought up before it had a roof. That's a bit disingenuous. Seriously, who here was complaining about Miami heat before the stadium retrofit? Anyone? Ever? The heat on the visitors sideline is the same as its been since 1987. The only difference is that the home team is shaded now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.