Never heard this...Ninkovich says Bills visiting locker room is the worst in the NFL by far

Big Turk

My question is, when is the last time Ninkovich spent time in the stadium visiting lockerroom?  He retired like 6 seasons ago, and the stadium has gone through some expensive renovations since then.  I'm sure it's lousy, but it may not be as Horrible in 2022 as Ninkovich makes it sound.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

My question is, when is the last time Ninkovich spent time in the stadium visiting lockerroom?  He retired like 6 seasons ago, and the stadium has gone through some expensive renovations since then.  I'm sure it's lousy, but it may not be as Horrible in 2022 as Ninkovich makes it sound.

Pretty sure visiting locker room wouldn't be one of them.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pretty sure visiting locker room wouldn't be one of them.

Probably right, but in 6 years i would think the maintenance would've cleared out blocked drainage pipe(s) and had workable showers.

No one needs to give the opposing team any luxuries, but working showers and drains should be standard for all visiting teams in a billion dollar industry like the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Probably right, but in 6 years i would think the maintenance would've cleared out blocked drainage pipe(s) and had workable showers.

No one needs to give the opposing team any luxuries, but working showers and drains should be standard for all visiting teams in a billion dollar industry like the NFL. 

I mean the Pats can't figure out how to give opposing teams working headsets for an entire game so there's that conundrum...

• Like (+1) 1

When I saw the title, I thought it was a guy claiming that the Bills players were bickering and backbiting off the field.  Honestly, but Bills really should fix things in the visitors' locker room as much as is practical.   I assume it will be addressed in the new stadium.

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I wouldn't break my heart if the heat didn't work in the visitors locker room when the Dolphins visit on December 18th...

Winter is Coming!

Lol and not allow the Dolphins to bring any heating equipment on the grounds the visiting lockerroom is too small to accommodate them in such  a confined space safely.  

Who cares.

It was better than the old rock pile.

I had the opportunity to speak with Len Dawson at an autograph show in Chicago.  When he heard I was a Bills fan his face lit up and said "The old rock pile".

He then said that the visiting locker room had only two showers and only one of them worked.

We had a good laugh.

By the way, Len Dawson seemed like a genuinely really good person.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely old news 

And there’s a massive difference between cramped and unpleasant

And outright dangerous … like sticking players in unshaded sun

Indeed,  so I'd hope the new stadium has a visiting lockerroom that is adequate.  It should provide protection from the cold and 1 toilet for estimating 80 + men is not something overlooked it had to have been planned that way. 

NFL should mandate a shaded area in Miami for visiting sideline for player safety.  And each stadium should be required to have adequate lockerroom areas to accommodate a visiting team suitably.   

Josh and the Bills defense are enough to demoralize the opponents no cheap tricks with substandard plumbing needed.

• Like (+1) 1

To be honest, the NFL should set a minimum standard for visiting team facilities.  Locker rooms should have a minimum amount of square footage, a minimum number of working showers, toilets, etc.  On the sidelines, Miami should provide shade structures and working cooling equipment for the visiting sideline and northern teams like Buffalo should provide heaters, etc. in the winter  Altenatively, the league should warehouse this type of equipment and deliver it to stadiums where weather conditions require it.

The players are human beings whose ability to play is predicated on their health.  What happened in Miami was a joke and, in addition to costing the Bills a game, it put the health of some players in jeopardy.  It just shouldn't happen.

That said, until it's legislated, the Bills may as well use it to their advantage, just like Miami did a few weeks ago.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Indeed,  so I'd hope the new stadium has a visiting lockerroom that is adequate.  It should provide protection from the cold and 1 toilet for estimating 80 + men is not something overlooked it had to have been planned that way. 

NFL should mandate a shaded area in Miami for visiting sideline for player safety.  And each stadium should be required to have adequate lockerroom areas to accommodate a visiting team suitably.   

Josh and the Bills defense are enough to demoralize the opponents no cheap tricks with substandard plumbing needed.

The difference is 25° cold isn’t killing football players

It makes them uncomfortable

Standing in 100° in the sun will kill you… The majority of away locker rooms are very unpleasant

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

So then there no room for this team to complain about Miamis advantage surg the shade. 

I love gamesmanship like this. 

Again read both my posts

There’s a massive difference between making an opponent uncomfortable… 

Which is what the bills do

And potentially killing them which is what the Dolphins do… Football players die of heat stroke every year

No players are dying of the cold at the Ralph

Edited by Buffalo716

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The difference is 25° cold isn’t killing football players

It makes them uncomfortable

Standing in 100° in the sun will kill you… The majority of away locker rooms are very unpleasant

Again read both my posts

There’s a massive difference between making an opponent uncomfortable… 

Which is what the bills do

And potentially killing them which is what the Dolphins do… Football players die of heat stroke every year

No players are dying of the cold at the Ralph

What players died? I missed this. 

Yes, 25 degrees can kill you especially if you catch hypothermia or you can't get a necessary IV for a player who is dehydrated.

But I still can't recall who died... I know Vonte Davis retired at half though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.