Never heard this...Ninkovich says Bills visiting locker room is the worst in the NFL by far

Big Turk

4 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Who cares.

It was better than the old rock pile.

I had the opportunity to speak with Len Dawson at an autograph show in Chicago.  When he heard I was a Bills fan his face lit up and said "The old rock pile".

He then said that the visiting locker room had only two showers and only one of them worked.

We had a good laugh.

By the way, Len Dawson seemed like a genuinely really good person.

On one of the old NFL Films about the AFL Bills some opposing players talk about this Visitors' Locker room.

One player said there was just long boards with nails pounded half in to hang your stuff on.  LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1

That was typical when stadiums of that era were designed and built.  Visiting teams got minimal space and comfort.  Oakland's visitors was a notorious hell hole.  New stadium will solve this issue. 

4 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Sounds like the home locker room at The Rockpile

That was a terrible place.   Heard from people who worked on the clean up crew  The Depression era plumbing was awful and the locker room was cramped, damp and smelly..   

I like this.  It's Sports, the away teams shouldn't expect Country Club conditions.  I know that isn't commonplace now but I think once upon a time it was.  I remember hearing stories about the Lakers having to deal with horrible conditions when they would play the Celtics in the old Boston Garden.  

19 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

whatever, you take whatever advantage you can.  If the NFL does not have standards on this (which would be ridiculous), take advantage.  The Dolphins built a stadium to literally fry the other team.  

NFL denied request for a magnifying glass to concentrate sun on visitor side.  They were going to call it the fishing fly area.

16 hours ago, SBbeliever said:

A relative of mine who had a long, great career with the Patriots told me the same thing.  

A long career means he was a good liar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.