Has there been any recent updates on Kim Pegula?

AuntieEm

12 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Does anyone even know the extent of why she was in the hospital? Seems kind of strange nobody really knows. Maybe it’s just me that doesn’t know

It really seems strange there is no info after such a long time. Makes one think. Strange times. 

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

It really seems strange there is no info after such a long time. Makes one think. Strange times. 

If she had a stroke (most likely what happened) we wouldn't really expect to see or hear anything for months.  It really is at 6 months when recovery really slows down.  They are smart to keep saying she is progressing well. It has only been a few months.  She likely is improving very slowly.  The reality though is she won't be President of the Bills again.  Hopefully she is just able to speak and live a quality life.

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Bills2022 said:

If she had a stroke (most likely what happened) we wouldn't really expect to see or hear anything for months.  It really is at 6 months when recovery really slows down.  They are smart to keep saying she is progressing well. It has only been a few months.  She likely is improving very slowly but the reality is she won't be President of the Bills again.  Hopefully she is just able to speak and live a quality life.

Hopefully she makes a full recovery. Scary times.  

4 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

If she had a stroke (most likely what happened) we wouldn't really expect to see or hear anything for months.  It really is at 6 months when recovery really slows down.  They are smart to keep saying she is progressing well. It has only been a few months.  She likely is improving very slowly.  The reality though is she won't be President of the Bills again.  Hopefully she is just able to speak and live a quality life.

I've also seen this rumor circulating online and very unfortunate if true for the exact reasons you outlined.

The only silver lining you can find in this situation is the Bills organization rallying around this and using it as more motivation to bring a championship home to Buffalo this year.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Beast said:

Don’t you know we should never ask about this? In particular, if you ask any of your friends or other Bills fans in person, you should immediately be scolded and shamed because you are inquiring about someone’s health that you are concerned about.

I mean, how dare anyone?

are you actually expecting someone on this site to know her current health status? and if so, that they would post it here?  You can ask all you want, but don't think that you deserve an answer.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

are you actually expecting someone on this site to know her current health status? and if so, that they would post it here?  You can ask all you want, but don't think that you deserve an answer.

Did I say I expected anyone to? In fact, did I even inquire as to her health status?

Here’s the answer: No and No.

Get over yourself.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Well, having experienced family members having strokes, a full recovery is not really an option. But one can hope.

Many, many stroke victims recover fully with no side effects, and many have limited residual side effects and can resume their lives.  My wife for one was back to work in 6 months working in the medical field.

Yes, many can have life changing, debilitating side effects from a stroke and never recover fully.  That’s why it is important to know the signs and symptoms of a stroke and act FAST.

Identifying a stroke

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Many, many stroke victims recover fully with no side effects, and many have limited residual side effects and can resume their lives.  My wife for one was back to work in 6 months working in the medical field.

Yes, many can have life changing, debilitating side effects from a stroke and never recover fully.  That’s why it is important to know the signs and symptoms of a stroke and act FAST.

Identifying a stroke

Better get to Gates

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I saw this somewhere else, and I will say the same thing I said then…

I think it is just the opposite. 

Fair enough.

I will keep holding out hope until I know otherwise.

I guess it's part of being a fan, is holding out hope, however foolish it may seem to be after the fact.

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

My dad had a stroke about 10 years ago, and you'd never even know. Everyone's side effects are different. My dad was very fortunate that he didnt really have any. His memory isn't great anymore, but his side effects are nothing like what happened with dick Clark and many other who have a stroke. Hopefully if Kim had a stroke, her side effects are minor 

2 hours ago, galept said:

Eventually, and that date may be far away, they have a moral responsibility to tell the fans what happened to the co-owner and president of this team. It's the right thing to do.

lol oh my sweet jesus. The entitlement on display every single time this unfortunately comes up here is staggering. 

They don’t owe you ****. Grow up.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I a had stroke back in 2014. Luckily (if I can use that word) I had it while they were scanning my brain  in the hospital. Had to use a walker for several months and a cane for several more.  Didn't drive for a year.  

Had a real sharp memory before. Now I have to take a list  food shopping for even several items as I forget one or two if I do.  Ended up with  a very, very, very slight weakness on my left side and dizziness if I look up for a while (like looking up at the trees in the  woods. Had trouble remembering names but that went away. No lasting motor or speech problems.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

lol oh my sweet jesus. The entitlement on display every single time this unfortunately comes up here is staggering. 

They don’t owe you ****. Grow up.

You seem fun.

No entitlement. That's what's called an opinion. Everyone has one.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, galept said:

You seem fun.

No entitlement. That's what's called an opinion. Everyone has one.

it is certainly an opinion. An entitled one made by someone who thinks strangers owe them information on private health matters. Why exactly do the Pegulas have a “moral responsibility” to give you details on Kim’s health issue? Because you’re a fan? You bought a jersey once? Please let us know where this duty of theirs arises from. 

And yes I’m certainly more fun than you, given your opinion on what’s “owed” to you. 

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

it is certainly an opinion. An entitled one made by someone who thinks strangers owe them information on private health matters. Why exactly do the Pegulas have a “moral responsibility” to give you details on Kim’s health issue? Because you’re a fan? You bought a jersey once? Please let us know where this duty of theirs arises from. 

And yes I’m certainly more fun than you, given your opinion on what’s “owed” to you. 

remember when Trump, and later Biden, contracted Covid and everyone was asking about it? 

That was fun.