Has there been any recent updates on Kim Pegula?

AuntieEm

1 hour ago, Realist said:

No need for any speculation or anything, but there is nothing wrong with the occasional reminder to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Absolutely Realist, but that’s not how this started.  People wanted an update and the family has made it clear, it’s a private matter.  I work in the business side of medicine and I respect HIPPA.  I try not to know people’s medical information.  If they feel it’s a private matter, then I’ll respect their interests.

It doesn’t mean I haven’t said a prayer for Kim among my family and friends.  More than a few our fathers, but I don’t need to know anything about her medical condition other than she is ok.

I have a close family member who works for the Sabres for twenty years, but I’ve never asked her about Kim, because it would put her in a compromising position.  I’m sure she knows, but not going to ask her about it.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I was wondering… what IS the last official update that we got from the team or PSE?  That she’s in the hospital but recovering well?   I honestly can’t remember 

Riot, the last I heard was she was resting and being treated at home by medical professionals.  I’m sure they have a nurse on staff at the home, and is getting too flight care.

So if anyone wants to say a prayer, great.  No reason to ask though.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Well aren’t you a ray of sunshine. 

It’s an opinion based on zero facts. If you’ve already said it, why feel the need to say it again? 

What do you want me to say?  She hasn't been seen at all, and the family hasn't made a statement about her health in months...do you think she is recovering from a broken wrist, and is just lounging by the pool in hiding for no good reason?  Am I a ray of sunshine, or do you have your head stuck in the sand?

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What do you want me to say?  She hasn't been seen at all, and the family hasn't made a statement about her health in months...do you think she is recovering from a broken wrist, and is just lounging by the pool in hiding for no good reason?  Am I a ray of sunshine, or do you have your head stuck in the sand?

It makes zero difference to me and my life. It just strikes me as odd that you’d go out of your way not once but twice to post that you think it’s bad news. 

Why? So you can say you were right when the news does come out? Seems like a weird thing to speculate about.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

It makes zero difference to me and my life. It just strikes me as odd that you’d go out of your way not once but twice to post that you think it’s bad news. 

Why? So you can say you were right when the news does come out? Seems like a weird thing to speculate about.  

There is some relevance as to why Bills fans should care, even if only from a football perspective. Terry is in his 70s. It’s not crazy to say Kim, who’s much younger, could be the sole owner some day. If Kim isn’t in the ownership picture, it changes how long we may have stable, very good ownership. A team is only as good as it’s owner. 

Obviously, 99.99% of us care about Kim’s health primary because we are empathetic and she seems like a really good person. (Not saying you aren’t an empathetic person, btw, that was worded weird)

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I am sorry.  You win. She hasn’t been seen or heard from for 6 months, but I am confident it is nothing major, and she will be leading the team out of the tunnel for the GB game.  

Better?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

“Buffalo Bills Community. Discussing the Buffalo Bills and the NFL 24 hours a day since 1998!”

• Like (+1) 1

Given that she was always around the team and at games and hasn't been seen this season I think that says a lot.

I also don't think it's crazy to wonder about the long-term absence of the president of both major professional Buffalo sports teams. It's a natural question. Delicate situation for sure, and I'm sure PSE or the family will update everyone eventually, hopefully it will be Kim herself who does that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wacka said:

Have said it before. HIPPA laws.  If Kim andrTerry don't want anyone to know. We won't. 

Eventually, and that date may be far away, they have a moral responsibility to tell the fans what happened to the co-owner and president of this team. It's the right thing to do.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Given that she was always around the team and at games and hasn't been seen this season I think that says a lot.

Agreed. I think it was a very serious issue that hopefully she will recover from in time.s

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, galept said:

Eventually, and that date may be far away, they have a moral responsibility to tell the fans what happened to the co-owner and president of this team. It's the right thing to do.

No.

They have no responsibility to quench your desire to know about her personal medical condition. If they want it to stay private, it should stay private. That seems like the decent way to handle it. Our natural curiosity does not supersede her right to privacy.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

Have said it before. HIPPA laws.  If Kim andrTerry don't want anyone to know. We won't. 

HIPPA laws only apply to covered entities and businesses. It doesn't prevent private citizens from discussing things unless they are employees of those places.

For example, a person walking down the street that saw someone having a stroke is not subject to HIPPA laws in terms of disclosing information as they do not work for a covered entity or business.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

What’s the big deal about asking about this on a message board?  It’s not like people are sending emails to the front office asking about it. 

Don’t you know we should never ask about this? In particular, if you ask any of your friends or other Bills fans in person, you should immediately be scolded and shamed because you are inquiring about someone’s health that you are concerned about.

I mean, how dare anyone?

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1