BARNBURNER ALERT - Commanders @ Bears TNF

EmotionallyUnstable

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I wouldn't fire Eberflus. He has just got there and I think he can coach. Hell he has won 2 games with that shitshow of a team. But Fields is a bust and there is so little talent on that Chicago roster. Ryan Pace was a disaster of a GM for that team. 

Eberflus and Ryan Poles have a hell of a job turning that around. 

As for the Commanders... yea... they need a house clearing. Ron is a nice guy but a bad coach. He has 3 winning seasons in his now 12th year as a HC. Take out the Cam MVP year when they went 15-1 in Carolina and what are you left with? He would be 75-86-1 and 1-4 in the playoffs. 

And Carson Wentz sucks. I have been telling you all this for years. He was not going to be salvaged by Frank Reich. There isn't "something there" he just flat out sucks. The worst starting QB in football.

Kind of looks like Belichick’s record (72-82) without Brady, huh?

Edited by Beast

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The worst starting QB in football.

My reflex thought was "well that's a hot take" and now that I'm thinking more about it it's not so hot after all.

I could probably make a case for Mariota. Fields at least shows flashes and he gets bonus points for playing for a franchise that drags every QB it gets into the mud. Geno's out there in the PNW having a great year. Davis Mills way outplays his draft position. 

But yeah by my count Wentz was at best the 30th best starter going into week one this year. And now? You're right, probably the worst.

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That was a great game.

This game reminded YE OLE of a time at work some years ago. One of YE's colleagues, Randy, had been nicknamed "Randazzle" by one of the big wigs. So one day YE is standing at the urinal in the men's room and Randazzle bursts through the door. He exclaims "Head for the hills, YE OLE! I'm about to blow it up!" Needless to say, Randazzle slammed the door to the stall and made good on his warning. Last night, both teams were Randazzle. 

11 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Wonder if McKissic regrets his decision to stay with Washington..

I can’t imagine he’s at all surprised that Buffalo is the better team by a wide margin. I doubt his decision had anything to do with football. 

I gave up watching this in the 3rd quarter so I missed the muffed punt and Washington still needing three plays to punch it in. 

I get such flashbacks from watching other teams, of how the Bills used to be.  Year after year of this kind of mediocrity.  

57 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I can’t imagine he’s at all surprised that Buffalo is the better team by a wide margin. I doubt his decision had anything to do with football. 

My guess all along was that his wife didn't want to move here.  

Wow...just heard that the Bears have only attempted 150 passes through 6 weeks of the season this year which is the lowest total in the NFL since the 1982 Patriots... Bills were 40% there in 1 game alone in Miami hahaha

Talk about trying to turn the clock back on offensive football.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...just heard that the Bears have only attempted 150 passes through 6 weeks of the season this year which is the lowest total in the NFL since the 1982 Patriots...

Talk about trying to turn the clock back on offensive football.

Both teams have offensive football. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

And I don't blame a guy like McKissic. He hasn't earned fortunes nor will he. Take the best financial offer on the table. Though once he had given his word to Buffalo it was a dick move to back out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.