Is Dan Snyder blackmailing the NFL and it’s owners?

Einstein

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How do you have a league with no owners? Every single one is dirty in some way.

Yup, we gotta live with the lesser evils, its what adults do,

5 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Other than running the team like total crap, why do people hate Snyder anyways?

Man they hate him down here..  It started because of his meddling and screwing up draft picks and Free agents with his directives.  Then he hired Yes men, and stories were legendary how poorly they treated certain people and favoritism for others.  Then he became a recluse, and just got weird and that's when stories of sexual harassment and other nonsense was going on.  Then the Redskins name change stuff...and now this latest story. But most of all the team has had mostly losing and uninspired seasons. Fans link this all to him and can't stand the guy.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't believe this story and I'll leave it at that. Just my personal opinion.

What believable reason is there for it to be made up?  A story like this opens up ESPN to tremendous liability if any aspects aren't true and very well vetted / backed.

Edited by Captain Caveman

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Other than running the team like total crap, why do people hate Snyder anyways?

Ask some people that ever worked for him at any one of his enterprises and they’ll tell you he was a grade A prick. Also, he’s a self entitled A hole who thinks the rules don’t apply to him like when he cleared a hundred some odd trees from government owned property for the sole purpose of a better view of the Potomac river from his house in Maryland. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

What believable reason is there for it to be made up?  A story like this opens up ESPN to tremendous liability if any aspects aren't true and very well vetted / backed.

It doesn't really do anything of the sort because to prove liability means Snyder has to open a suit which opens more traction to look in to him. Which possibly puts him on the stand.

Further, their witnesses do not have to be telling the truth their witnesses only need to say they heard or have a belief... If ever a judge upheld the media to provide their sources.  No judge would.

This is as easy of smear article as ever could be written. It was singled out against Snyder because the world hates Snyder. It could have easily been against Jerry Jones and his whole life, the Walton family heir who made his money off of a family mafia type behavior, Bob Kraft and his hand jobs, .... And that's just the little bit we know.

This was a chosen hit piece against Snyder. ESPN is filth when it comes to investigative journalism. 

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

This does have the potential to be carnage for the NFL, they could lose the special status that Congress holds the keys to, it’s gonna be fun to watch it go down, but in the end to rid themselves of poisonous owners Rodger is gonna have to be willing to take one for the team, but is that likely to happen…, 

Those powerful politicians don't want to lose favor with the team, the league, and their special perks either.

Plus losing their fanbase.

Nothing will come of this. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

Yes I’m serious.  I have my own life and don’t care to follow Dan Snyders.

I mean, me either. just a another corrupted  man swinging his ....
and yet it has worked well for him
I dont like it one bit. Hence my interest ")

5 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Likely none.  Apparently, there is a lot of dirt on Jerry Jones.  Shocker.  People don't realize how Jerry Jones is actually one of the most powerful owners.  He spends a lot of time with young and underage girls.  This really isn't a secret though.  Some of the pictures even made their way to the internet.  The rumor was he even had some friendships with the Jeffrey Epstein crowd. 

link?

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

It doesn't really do anything of the sort because to prove liability means Snyder has to open a suit which opens more traction to look in to him. Which possibly puts him on the stand.

Further, their witnesses do not have to be telling the truth their witnesses only need to say they heard or have a belief... If ever a judge upheld the media to provide their sources.  No judge would.

This is as easy of smear article as ever could be written. It was singled out against Snyder because the world hates Snyder. It could have easily been against Jerry Jones and his whole life, the Walton family heir who made his money off of a family mafia type behavior, Bob Kraft and his hand jobs, .... And that's just the little bit we know.

This was a chosen hit piece against Snyder. ESPN is filth when it comes to investigative journalism

Those powerful politicians don't want to lose favor with the team, the league, and their special perks either.

link?

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Man they hate him down here..  It started because of his meddling and screwing up draft picks and Free agents with his directives.  Then he hired Yes men, and stories were legendary how poorly they treated certain people and favoritism for others.  Then he became a recluse, and just got weird and that's when stories of sexual harassment and other nonsense was going on.  Then the Redskins name change stuff...and now this latest story. But most of all the team has had mostly losing and uninspired seasons. Fans link this all to him and can't stand the guy.

Everything you wrote can be summarized as "runs the team like total crap"

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

This is as easy of smear article as ever could be written. It was singled out against Snyder

because the world hates Snyder. It could have easily been against Jerry Jones and his whole life, the Walton family heir who made his money off of a family mafia type behavior, Bob Kraft and his hand jobs, .... And that's just the little bit we know.

This was a chosen hit piece against Snyder. ESPN is filth when it comes to investigative journalism. 

After reading your note I had to think  No small task for me.
 the article might be piling on. But the Dan has been as obstructive as he can be.
And lets keep in mind please, The workplace he oversaw is really the heart of the matter 
 His defensive posturing perhaps deserves a bit of offensive to counter Snyder's "Castle of Invincibility "

Just an idiot owner who tried repeatedly to buy championships and failed, wrecked a promising career for a QB, front office with all sorts of charges against them and too many failed attempts at trying to be a successful NFL owner to list. 
Crap owner throwing a tantrum because he’s never been accountable for anything. The tan should’ve changed its name long ago as he wrecked the RedSkin legacy built before him. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

link?

link?

www.espn.com. Take your pick. 

Journalism en masse is dead.

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

After reading your note I had to think  No small task for me.
 the article might be piling on. But the Dan has been as obstructive as he can be.
And lets keep in mind please, The workplace he oversaw is really the heart of the matter 
 His defensive posturing perhaps deserves a bit of offensive to counter Snyder's "Castle of Invincibility "

His defensive posture is shaped by the stories and media we read. He's not out there nor able to promote himself in a positive manner. The powers that be shape him as the heel. Just like they did Jerry Jones. Just like they did with the Buss was with the Lakers. There is a lot of filth when it comes to these things.

The media sells the drama and we soak it up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.