Tre'Davious Practicing Today

BLeonard

19 hours ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

Tre has 5 years of experience playing high level All Pro football.   Benford and Elam have 8 games combined.  Seems very early to have a trade Tre White conversation.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Bills D has given up fewer yards than with Tre last year because the D-line is substantially better. Add Tre to a defense with Von Miller, an improved Greg Rousseau and Daquan Jones there's no telling what heights they'll reach.

I was surprised to see you write this Shaw. They won't take one of the best and most highly-paid nickel corners in the league and make him a backup safety.

Last year before White was injured in week 12 the Bills were playing man coverage around 38% of the time which is the highest figure in the McDermott era. White was also used in man-zone combo more than ever last year... which allowed him to "travel" with opposing WRs.

I disagree with those who say Benford will transition to safety soon. While he's a good fit for safety, corners who can play corner rarely transition to safety until late in their careers after they've lost a step.

I view Benford as that unicorn large CB like Richard Sherman who can matchup against players like Mike Evans, Courtland Sutton, and Michael Thomas.

They didn't have a new DLine last year and even without counting this year they gave up fewer yards 

9 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Bills D has given up fewer yards than with Tre last year because the D-line is substantially better. Add Tre to a defense with Von Miller, an improved Greg Rousseau and Daquan Jones there's no telling what heights they'll reach.

I was surprised to see you write this Shaw. They won't take one of the best and most highly-paid nickel corners in the league and make him a backup safety.

Last year before White was injured in week 12 the Bills were playing man coverage around 38% of the time which is the highest figure in the McDermott era. White was also used in man-zone combo more than ever last year... which allowed him to "travel" with opposing WRs.

I disagree with those who say Benford will transition to safety soon. While he's a good fit for safety, corners who can play corner rarely transition to safety until late in their careers after they've lost a step.

I view Benford as that unicorn large CB like Richard Sherman who can matchup against players like Mike Evans, Courtland Sutton, and Michael Thomas.

Hyde and Poyer both played CB their first year in the league and moved to Safety year two with their prior teams. 

Will Benford or someone else move to safety. Who knows. Will Hyde or Poyer be back? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Hyde and Poyer both played CB their first year in the league and moved to Safety year two with their prior teams. 

Will Benford or someone else move to safety. Who knows. Will Hyde or Poyer be back? 

Nevertheless I stand by what I said. Good CBs are hard to find and if Hyde and Poyer were good CBs they'd still be playing that position.

As for next year I'm not convinced Jaquan is gonna be a good safety... I'm more sure Hamlin will be. And it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a safety.

We shall see.

23 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Go to Ourlads and depth chart - he is listed on the injury section because he is on PS-IR and is out.

The Bills should not waste an IR return on him - so my guess is when healthy - he gets cut rather than activated and he will not rejoin this team.

I don’t think that they expected him to come up with a hammy issue right out the gate I think it changed things

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think that they expected him to come up with a hammy issue right out the gate I think it changed things

I agree totally - he would have been a PS call up when they were short, but no unless something changes in the next couple of weeks - I think he gets cut rather than the Bills using an IR call up on him.

He may also be content to sit on IR just in case something happens late in the season, but with Tre coming back - Rhodes is just no longer a need at all in my opinion.  

On 10/13/2022 at 2:18 AM, Rochesterfan said:

Go to Ourlads and depth chart - he is listed on the injury section because he is on PS-IR and is out.

The Bills should not waste an IR return on him - so my guess is when healthy - he gets cut rather than activated and he will not rejoin this team.

Agreed.  If the current cb room stays healthy, I don’t see him ever seeing the 53 and not worth wasting an IR return

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.