Tre'Davious Practicing Today

BLeonard

1 minute ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Do you think there's a possibility of trading Poyer before the deadline in order to receive something in return, instead of him just walking?  Seeing how the Giants are basically Bills 2.0, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after him

no.  you don't worry about next season when you're trying to win a super bowl. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Do you think there's a possibility of trading Poyer before the deadline in order to receive something in return, instead of him just walking?  Seeing how the Giants are basically Bills 2.0, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after him

I think Poyer gets extended.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Great news.

This is definitely the most sensible approach.

Have him ease into practice today, then have the full bye week to ramp up. 

Hopefully he can be active by the Green Bay game.

It seems almost unfair that the 2nd ranked scoring defense in the NFL gets to add an All-Pro corner at the midway point of the season. Pretty awesome.

You want unfair.  How about the Chiefs having Travis Kelce?!!  That doesn't seem too fair either.  

I think I called this a couple of weeks ago.  Tre’s return is going to be SNF at home against the Packers.

Another prediction:  the Bills introduce the defense prior to kickoff.  The non-existent lid will blow off that place.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

No, because he won’t garner the type of future pick that will help this team as much as he would on the field. Beane is all in. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

This was very disappointing to read...

• Agree 2

Just now, Virgil said:

You may be right.  I think Dane Jackson is a stud and watching his development has been amazing.  I think Benford is on a similar path.  The fact that Elam is the #3 is amazing to me.  

Benford has the size to play safety.  4.53 isn't exactly slow, but its not fast either.  With one on an expiring, the other just had surgery that might not have him ready for next season... OTA's would be a good time to try it out.  That leaves jackson and elam in competition across tre, and lewis and benford competing at safety.  

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre in the offseason if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

I hear what you're saying, but let's see how this Sunday goes without Tre...

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You may be right.  I think Dane Jackson is a stud and watching his development has been amazing.  I think Benford is on a similar path.  The fact that Elam is the #3 is amazing to me.  

Here is some issues with your idea....aside from the fact you simply do not get rid of a top 5 CB, ever, under any circumstances.

Benford is a very likely candidate to transition to safety during the later stages of this season (for practice) and this offseason as a potential Micah replacement after his contract is up after next season. 

Dane Jackson will be a FA after this year, and will likely be too expensive for us to sign. 

So now you have Elam and Johnson and White, with Benford filling in as a backup and future safety in waiting, along with a rookie CB or two. That's how I see it playing out after this season. You just dont get rid of Tre. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffalostu2 said:

Let's get past KC before we start talking about how we don't NEED Trey and that he is a luxury.

I mean, once we get past KC he will be a luxury. 

I think the other cbs would be fine after the bye.  Adding tre is a bonus until the playoffs. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Here is some issues with your idea....aside from the fact you simply do not get rid of a top 5 CB, ever, under any circumstances.

Benford is a very likely candidate to transition to safety during the later stages of this season (for practice) and this offseason as a potential Micah replacement after his contract is up after next season. 

Dane Jackson will be a FA after this year, and will likely be too expensive for us to sign. 

So now you have Elam and Johnson and White, with Benford filling in as a backup and future safety in waiting, along with a rookie CB or two. That's how I see it playing out after this season. You just dont get rid of Tre. 

Yeah, if benford can make the switch - great.  If not him and elam duke it out.  Jacksons probably leaves after 2023.  As a 7th round pick is like nothing, you have to put a 2nd round tender on him to prevent an offer sheet.  If someone signs one - you get the bonus pick and draft another corner.  If they want to keep him they likely have to pay him around 4 million in 2023 or extend him.  No extension and he's a UFA in 2024. 

2022 #'s:

Original-Round Tender: $2,540,000

Second-Round Tender: $3,986,000

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.