All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Yeah. Pretty awful. 

He needs to stop dropping catchable passes and to be more reliable when called upon. 

To be fair, though...in terms of catch percentage, DK Metcalf is ranked 91st. Brandon Aiyuk 87th. The great Justin Jefferson is ranked 75th. 

A receiver can be highly productive in the NFL and still have a below average catch %. But yeah, he needs to clean it up. 

I'm glad we can agree that 52% is awful..........but I wouldn't exactly say calling out those guys numbers is being fair.:lol:

The very top WR catch% guys are DeAndre Hopkins and Cooper Kupp at around 76%..............Metcalf all the way down at 91st overall still catches 67% of his targets.

Davis is a freakin' country mile away from the pack at 52%.

And it's not an outlier.

When he was facing teams 3rd and 4th CB's in his first 2 seasons he was a 55% catch guy.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How so?

Jerry Jones was pretty hesitant given Odell isn’t working out.  Not sure if he was expecting him to or what..

Contrast that with McDermott, who was bonkers open about Odell given his usual buttoned up self.  Also doesn’t seem to have the same worries re: Odell’s health. 

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I really am shocked McDermott openly spoke about him. The standard answer is, “respectfully I won’t go into that”

He did a "respectfully, I won't go into that" (or equivalent) 2x in that clip: once when asked about if OBJ wanted a commitment for more than this year, and once when asked about what contributions he saw him making this season. 

And he didn't exactly say he had faith in OBJ's health, he said "once we get that far" he'd put his faith and trust in the medical team. 

A little bit different....

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He did a "respectfully, I won't go into that" (or equivalent) 2x in that clip: once when asked about if OBJ wanted a commitment for more than this year, and once when asked about what contributions he saw him making this season. 

And he didn't exactly say he had faith in OBJ's health, he said "once we get that far" he'd put his faith and trust in the medical team. 

A little bit different....

I still would be surprised if he signs here, but you must be listening to a different Sean McDermott than me if you think that wasn’t a quite openly conversational McDermott right there. 

Contrast that to hype obsessed Jerry Jones being surprisingly reserved in his comments today. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jerry Jones was pretty hesitant given Odell isn’t working out.  Not sure if he was expecting him to or what..

Contrast that with McDermott, who was bonkers open about Odell given his usual buttoned up self.  Also doesn’t seem to have the same worries re: Odell’s health.

I personally think McDermott was doing something he does pretty well there: appearing very open, while actually committing himself to nothing.

Thad Brown FWIW takes the viewpoint that Jerry was "negotiating a contract in public" there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

I personally think McDermott was doing something he does pretty well there: appearing very open, while actually committing himself to nothing.

Thad Brown FWIW takes the viewpoint that Jerry was "negotiating a contract in public" there.

I definitely there could be some of that for Jones. 

Would have to think they have an idea that OBJ is either dead set on Dallas or they are still prepared to offer more than Buffalo (or NY) to be taking it public. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I definitely there could be some of that for Jones. 

Would have to think they have an idea that OBJ is either dead set on Dallas or they are still prepared to offer more than Buffalo (or NY) to be taking it public. 

I looked it up, and the Bills actually have a #2 and #3 WR who have contributed more yards and more receptions than the Cowboys #2 and #3 WR:  35/665 and 35/359 vs. 30/399 and 35/343. 

For Dallas, is that felt to be because they didn't have much of a passing game with Cooper Rush?  OR is it because Amari Cooper and Cedrick Wilson  > Noah Brown and Michael Gallup?

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The way Jerry Jones publicly spoke of him today virtually rules out any chance of him signing there. Sean on the other hand, “stood up” for him

OBJ may just be a dude who wants money and fame.. I don’t know … 

But what I do know .. I’m not signing with a team led by an owner who traded the previous big name WR out for a bag of chips because he wouldn’t get vaxxed and then decided to take my negotiations public. 

Thats just me though..

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.