All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I actually care. I cared when Stevie Johnson dropped that perfect pass in the endzone with no one around him that cost us a playoff birth.  Yes, everyone has drops.  Davis have too many and it costs drives which cost games too.  I still like Davis but he needs to drop less.

Stevie Johnson’s drop in the end zone versus the Steelers did not make us miss the playoffs bro

Revisionist history to the 1000 degree …

… we were 2-8 lol playoffs? A Catch their would’ve just hurt our draft stock… We were in line for a top 2 pick

Edited by Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I actually care. I cared when Stevie Johnson dropped that perfect pass in the endzone with no one around him that cost us a playoff birth.  Yes, everyone has drops.  Davis have too many and it costs drives which cost games too.  I still like Davis but he needs to drop less.

Terrible drop on a perfect pass by Fitz, but certainly didn't cost us a playoff birth.  The drop occurred in OT in week 12 of 2010 and the team ended up the season 4-12. They started the season 0-8 and were 2-8 at the time.

18 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This has been the consensus for months and people are just now listening?  If he was healthy he would have a workout video plastered all over social media.  His boy VM is a marketing genius and almost got the biggest dingus to ever own a sports franchise to bite.  

48 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea and there is a such thing as a good play by the DB 

The defensive backs are getting paid also

The title of the video is Ludicrous… There is not three minutes of Davis dropping the ball… There’s like 13 throws on a loop And they all weren’t easy 

If there is three minutes of Davis dropping wide-open balls It be really concerning… he just needs to get his head straight 

Yeah, this is the NFL. Not every pass is going to drop into your hands like a floating marshmallow while the defender stands from 10 yards away and gives you encouragement.

Its always confused me when people say “it wasn’t a drop, the pass was broken up”. Yes it was. The defenders job is to knock the ball away. The receivers job is to catch theball despite the defender trying to knock the ball away.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah, this is the NFL. Not every pass is going to drop into your hands like a floating marshmallow while the defender stands from 10 yards away and gives you encouragement.

Its always confused me when people say “it wasn’t a drop, the pass was broken up”. Yes it was. The defenders job is to knock the ball away. The receivers job is to catch theball despite the defender trying to knock the ball away.

Are you just gonna repeat that on loop

I never said he Doesn’t need to clean his consistency up

Of course it’s the NFL Einstein… The difficulty level of those catches varied from easier to more difficult

And I know one things certain… You weren’t catching any of them… You just talk trash from the couch

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think the issue for me is there really isnt a good comparison of what his contract should look like.  He's missed 23 of the last 45 NFL games due to injury.  He is 30 years old.  Yet he appears to think he is worth 20million a year?  Best comparison I have for him is what AJ Green is being paid in Arizona.   But honestly, thats even a stretch because even AJ played a full season with Cinci before signing with Arizona.  

Any contract offered to him should be incredibly low base salary with incentives to bulk it up.

If you were Jerry Jones and thought you may be in a bidding war for a player would you be overly positive about his abilities?

The Giants also have doubts he's ready to go this season (see below). That's a 1st the Giants & Jerry agreeing on something. Plus his not working out or running for teams, does make you wonder if he's ready to play this season. 

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Stevie Johnson’s drop in the end zone versus the Steelers did not make us miss the playoffs bro

Revisionist history to the 1000 degree …

… we were 2-8 lol playoffs? A Catch their would’ve just hurt our draft stock… We were in line for a top 2 pick

34 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Terrible drop on a perfect pass by Fitz, but certainly didn't cost us a playoff birth.  The drop occurred in OT in week 12 of 2010 and the team ended up the season 4-12. They started the season 0-8 and were 2-8 at the time.

Yeah you guys are right.  My brain doesnt work so well anymore.  I just remember the drop.  Also remember needing to beat Pitts backups and didnt.  Put the two together.

In any case... I still care about drops because they still cost games.  He has too many.  Needs to get better.  Couple that with not much seperation.  Josh needs help, that should be pretty clear regardless of the deep balls he has caught.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah you guys are right.  My brain doesnt work so well anymore.  I just remember the drop.  Also remember needing to beat Pitts backups and didnt.  Put the two together.

In any case... I still care about drops because they still cost games.  He has too many.  Needs to get better.  Couple that with not much seperation.  Josh needs help, that should be pretty clear regardless of the deep balls he has caught.

That is a whole different saga circa like 2005 which I’d like to forget

So we have Giants sources and Jerry world sources pretty much saying he aint going to be ready to play this season.  Nothing from Bills sources.  Weird.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

That is a whole different saga circa like 2005 which I’d like to forget

Yes it is.  Luckily for me my brain is broken so I only half remember haha. I do remember thinking Drew Bledsoe was going to be amazing and lead us to victory again though =(

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So we have Giants sources and Jerry world sources pretty much saying he aint going to be ready to play this season.  Nothing from Bills sources.  Weird.

Yes it is.  Luckily for me my brain is broken so I only half remember haha. I do remember thinking Drew Bledsoe was going to be amazing and lead us to victory again though =(

He was amazing for us.... it lasted for 8 games

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The NFL disagrees with you.  That's called a Pass Defensed(PD).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.