All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/10466/odell-beckham

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports Odell Beckham "has offers on the table from multiple teams," with the Jets being his most likely landing spot. 

Graziano believes Beckham could wait to make his move until after the Jets have acquired Aaron Rodgers from the Packers (ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said the trade is all but a done deal and that neither the Jets nor Packers are in a hurry to get it done). It remains to be seen what kind of deal Beckham can get after playing in just 21 NFL games since the start of the 2020 season due to multiple ACL injuries. It was reported this week that OBJ reuniting with the Giants should be considered a "long shot at best." 

Would certainly prefer to see OBJ land in the NFC and not in our division or on the Chiefs...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was more concerned about the Jets last year, when they had a talented young team and looked like they could build a contender for years.

Now, they are set to go all in for a year or 2 on a semi-washed QB, who might get them to the playoffs but probably not a SB, and it will make them much weaker in the long-term.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I think if this guy wanted to come here he would be here already.

Stef tweeted this at same time OBJ posted a story with him listening to a song that had “perfect timing” in the lyrics. 

They don’t want him to count against compensatory picks and there’s no rush. Plus we have to see if we can still get Hopkins during the draft first.

If that doesn’t happen I bet we sign OBJ post June 1st

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

OBJ is a great competitor and will be a great signing for most teams.

For the Jets? With Aaron Rodgers? I'm hoping they sign OBJ.

This reminds me of the 2011 Jets. They just finished back to back AFC Title game appearances. The hype surrounding the team was huge. They got Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Darelle Revis, Bart Scott, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Rex Ryan was full on "building a bully" mindset. 

They finished 8-8 and the team crumbled underneath the weight of so many ego-centric divas. 

PLEASE go to the Jets.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

OBJ is a great competitor and will be a great signing for most teams.

For the Jets? With Aaron Rodgers? I'm hoping they sign OBJ.

This reminds me of the 2011 Jets. They just finished back to back AFC Title game appearances. The hype surrounding the team was huge. They got Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Darelle Revis, Bart Scott, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Rex Ryan was full on "building a bully" mindset. 

They finished 8-8 and the team crumbled underneath the weight of so many ego-centric divas. 

PLEASE go to the Jets.

Also Nate Hackett sucks

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Stef tweeted this at same time OBJ posted a story with him listening to a song that had “perfect timing” in the lyrics. 

They don’t want him to count against compensatory picks and there’s no rush. Plus we have to see if we can still get Hopkins during the draft first.

If that doesn’t happen I bet we sign OBJ post June 1st

He didn’t play at all last year, so he wouldn’t count anyway 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Whoever wins this “sweepstakes” is going to be very disappointed. I don’t expect him to be much of a difference maker. Has he been at any time in the past couple of years anyways? And now he’s supposed to be when he’s even older? I don’t see it. 

He was on his way to SB MVP before he got injured

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Looking back, maybe Jets should have gone the Carr  route and let that talented supporting roster develop a bit more.  The pressure to compete with Miami/Buf is putting them in what feels like a  forced/premature "all in to win" mode.   Expectations are going to be very high.  

Rodgers vs. that fanbase/media would need to come out of the gates white-hot or things could quickly go south there....OBJ not getting the ball as much as he (his dad) thinks he deserves would only intensify things.  These are not team guys.

Edited by filthymcnasty08
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Success said:

I was more concerned about the Jets last year, when they had a talented young team and looked like they could build a contender for years.

Now, they are set to go all in for a year or 2 on a semi-washed QB, who might get them to the playoffs but probably not a SB, and it will make them much weaker in the long-term.

In what world does going from Zach Wilson and Mike White to Aaron Rodgers make the Jets less concerning?  🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Looking back, maybe Jets should have gone the Carr  route and let that talented supporting roster develop a bit more.  The pressure to compete with Miami/Buf is putting them in what feels like a  forced/premature "all in to win" mode.   Expectations are going to be very high.  

Rodgers vs. that fanbase/media would need to come out of the gates white-hot or things could quickly go south there....OBJ would only increase the odds to the downside.

Woody Johnson is not getting any younger. He's driving all of this.

35 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/10466/odell-beckham

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports Odell Beckham "has offers on the table from multiple teams," with the Jets being his most likely landing spot. 

Graziano believes Beckham could wait to make his move until after the Jets have acquired Aaron Rodgers from the Packers (ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said the trade is all but a done deal and that neither the Jets nor Packers are in a hurry to get it done). It remains to be seen what kind of deal Beckham can get after playing in just 21 NFL games since the start of the 2020 season due to multiple ACL injuries. It was reported this week that OBJ reuniting with the Giants should be considered a "long shot at best." 

Would certainly prefer to see OBJ land in the NFC and not in our division or on the Chiefs...

I know you're just the messenger, but Boy Graziano's message is weird.  Why would the Jets and Packers be in "no hurry" to get their deal done?  You would think the Jets would want to firm up their cap space and draft picture, and ditto the Packers.

I could certainly see OBJ wanting to see who the QB is FR FR before signing with a team though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.