All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

I have strong suspicions that the Chiefs are going to go after an above average starting boundary WR either trading for Hopkins or going after OBJ or something along those lines.  This is an arms race, hopefully the Bills either get one in FA or use a 1st rounder on one.

Totally agree. We absolutely must get Allen a better supporting cast. Imagine him in a situation like Jalen Hurts??? I know with his contract we couldn't stack the offense quite like that but that's the direction to take imo.

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Totally agree. We absolutely must get Allen a better supporting cast. Imagine him in a situation like Jalen Hurts??? I know with his contract we couldn't stack the offense quite like that but that's the direction to take imo.

But that’s kinda the point now. Allen deserves his money but we are going to be so limited going forward. Best strategy is try to move vet guys for draft picks and load up on young cheap guys in the draft and hopefully get the next AJ Brown. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Think about that for a second. Dallas who loves terrible people and had a big need for a receiver would rather trades draft picks for a more expensive player than sign OBJ. It’s wild how buzz one catch 5 years ago csn still bring you. Draft a guy who isn’t annoying, more physically talented, and doesn’t get hurt every 3 games like OBJ.

Nfl contracts are so misleading. He is guaranteed $22 million. He has 14 tds the last 2 years. He is a really good number 2. 

As a fan of a team with a rich owner, the only thing that I care about in contracts are term and cap hit. I don’t care about the cash. It’s not my money. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

As a fan of a team with a rich owner, the only thing that I care about in contracts are term and cap hit. I don’t care about the cash. It’s not my money. 

You kinda need to because of the cap. If you are giving decent money to player now, they better return the investment.

honest question to the OBJ people. Which scenario seems more likely: he plays the majority of the game (75%) and has a major impact on winning. Or he gets hurt and causes problems? I know which one I think because there is a long track record of that.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But that’s kinda the point now. Allen deserves his money but we are going to be so limited going forward. Best strategy is try to move vet guys for draft picks and load up on young cheap guys in the draft and hopefully get the next AJ Brown. 

Another reason I'm hoping after free agency we can go offense heavy in the draft.👍

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

Another reason I'm hoping after free agency we can go offense heavy in the draft.👍

Agreed. For the first time in forever, we have a qb who can elevate the players around him and not the other way around. Get Allen some cheap weapons with young legs. And multiple of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, wppete said:

Hopefully this happens. Good price.

agreed.

I dont like him much
and would not guarantee his second year. Using incentives instead.

But at that price I would be foolish to remain stubborn about Beckham being a Bill !

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

OBJ is way overpricing himself.  Wait him out and sign him for a reasonable amount.

He is smart for doing that. I would do the same if I were him. He probably knows he’s not worth that and will settle for somewhere in between what he wants and what the team signing him wants to pay 

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nobody has a clue what he’s asking for.  

Literally all we know is that “4M ain’t enough”

And that’s way overpricing himself.

9 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

He is smart for doing that. I would do the same if I were him. He probably knows he’s not worth that and will settle for somewhere in between what he wants and what the team signing him wants to pay 

I see your point.  But I think ultimately he’ll wind being much more on the side of the team’s perceived value.

Just now, Momma Pecoraro said:

Odell is an aged raggedy man with a ring whose only incentive is money.

I’d rather the bills sign David Beckham.

If Bills were going to sign OBJ they would’ve already. We’ve seen what Gabe can do at his best, McBeane may want to see what a new WR coach can bring out of him. Gabe’s issues are all mental, he’s gifted physically. 

32 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

At the same time getting that knee stronger 

Just now, BeastMode54 said:

he is? when has he ever been a bad teammate?

Folks act like he's AB or something 🤭

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

he is? when has he ever been a bad teammate?

His teammates love him. 

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

I think we should wait until after the draft and then off him a one year deal around $8 Million if we don't draft a wr in the first few rounds.

He won’t be available then…

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Why would they have signed him already?… and Gabe is what he’s always been. He’s a low end #2 and a good #3 WR… relying on him being their #2 opposite Diggs is just asking for more struggles.

I just saw a tweet that Bills have dinned with OBJ at Allen’s house at some point in the past, I did not know that. I thought “expressing interest” was as far as it’s gone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.