All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

And you dumped Davis.

And?..

I want us to sign OBJ and draft a WR in RD1 or RD2. 

You’re hypothetical is what?  What happens if OBJ gets hurt and our early pick WR is horrible?   

Eh, we’d be in trouble.  Sure…

Just now, SCBills said:

And?..

I want us to sign OBJ and draft a WR in RD1 or RD2. 

You’re hypothetical is what?  What happens if OBJ gets hurt and our early pick WR is horrible?   

Eh, we’d be in trouble.  Sure…

He gets hurt all the time and in the rare cases where he’s healthy he usually whines and in the rare cases when he doesn’t whine, he gets bombed and harasses flight attendants……and he’ll only play for a big contract.  

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

He gets hurt all the time and in the rare cases where he’s healthy he usually whines and in the rare cases when he doesn’t whine, he gets bombed and harasses flight attendants……and he’ll only play for a big contract.  

Ok. Agree to disagree.  I want OBJ.  Tons of upside and we don’t have to part with draft picks.  

Trade Davis for a Day 2 Pick.  Have Diggs and OBJ paired with Year 2 Shakir and Rookie Top 65 pick. 

You don’t want him.  That’s fine.  

Im not just assuming he gets hurt again. His surgically repaired knee was a known disaster when he was on the Rams.  According to everyone involved, it was done the right way this time around. 

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The opportunity for a slot receiver in the Bills offense the past few seasons has been enormous.   I don't get why fans want to fill the spot with some JAG.   The WR2 the Bills get should be a guy with inside/outside versatility and he and Diggs can split the slot snaps.

The alternative is get someone like Hopkins or Mike Evans (if available). 3 WR sets with Davis and Hopkins/Evans on the outside, Diggs in the slot. Or Diggs on the outside, Shakir in the slot. I don't need whatever upgraded WR we add this year to have slot versatility. Just be better than Davis and figure it out from there. Adding someone at the level of Hopkins or Evans is the only thing needed to get the passing offense back to 2020 levels IMO, as long as there is at least a capable replacement for Saffold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

It scares me that so many fans want this attention starved clown. Either his knee is going to blow up again or he is going to blow up and fight kicking nets because he is unhappy in Buffalo, which he would crap on immediately after we get rid of him.

there is an Odell Beckham in this draft who is much cheap, much healthier, and not as big of a Richard.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think so. There isn’t one in free agency either. He is the best player you can get for money only to upgrade the offense. Sure you can attempt to trade for a guy, but it’s going to cost assets. And that’s why I support bringing him in. A team full of richards just beat our ass in the payoffs and 2 teams of richards, including the philly coach just played in the super bowl. Who cares as long as he produces. That’s where i am on it. 

I feel you. I’m not a big fan of his, but I want to win and I think him with Diggs gives us the best chance to win. Relying on some rookie wideout at pick 27 isn’t going to be enough imo. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don’t think so. There isn’t one in free agency either. He is the best player you can get for money only to upgrade the offense. Sure you can attempt to trade for a guy, but it’s going to cost assets. And that’s why I support bringing him in. A team full of richards just beat our ass in the payoffs and 2 teams of richards, including the philly coach just played in the super bowl. Who cares as long as he produces. That’s where i am on it. 

I feel you. I’m not a big fan of his, but I want to win and I think him with Diggs gives us the best chance to win. Relying on some rookie wideout at pick 27 isn’t going to be enough imo. 

The draft my man. And I agree with you about the nice guys think and I’m not saying OB is some criminal or something. But he is constant drama and starved for attention. He can blow up your team if he doesn’t get his way. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The alternative is get someone like Hopkins or Mike Evans (if available). 3 WR sets with Davis and Hopkins/Evans on the outside, Diggs in the slot. Or Diggs on the outside, Shakir in the slot. I don't need whatever upgraded WR we add this year to have slot versatility. Just be better than Davis and figure it out from there. Adding someone at the level of Hopkins or Evans is the only thing needed to get the passing offense back to 2020 levels IMO, as long as there is at least a capable replacement for Saffold.

Yeah getting a star WR to team opposite Davis outside in 11 personnel and move Diggs to the slot works great too.    When they go 12........and I'd hope they get a TE out of this draft and play more 12 as well..........take Davis off the field.  I don't think they will get a DHop or Evans but if they did, that's how to do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

$20/yr is a joke. He might get 16.5 per at a 2 year deal with extra incentives for yards, catches, games played, and pro bowl, afc champ, Super Bowl bonuses, etc. but I would only guarantee a % of it based on X number of games played. You have to figure if JuJu is getting 16 he should easily get that. 

Edited by Locomark

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No chance.  Diggs + OBJ = Josh Allen getting screamed at on the sidelines into both ears.  

itd be fine for a year. if diggs is really that far gone (i dont think he is), bringing in a player hes already lobbied for wouldnt be the tipping point on it and were already going there

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

itd be fine for a year. if diggs is really that far gone (i dont think he is), bringing in a player hes already lobbied for wouldnt be the tipping point on it and were already going there

I agree, 

I think Bills GM Beane is going after the best Offensive FA available to help Allen IMO. 

On 3/11/2023 at 1:32 PM, SCBills said:

Presumptuous, but the risk we have to take unless we want to pay Meyers big $$ or give up draft capital for another guy who misses games in Hopkins. 

I also have us drafting a WR no later than RD2, so that guy steps into a larger role, along with Shakir. 

Maybe we bring back Beasley or Crowder on a cheap deal as WR5 and/or draft another mid-round WR to round out the room. 

this is false... but i dont think hes a realistic target anyways

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.