All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

21 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

What kind of player thinks he can join a new team, not be in a game shape, have zero chemistry with a new QB, and have not learned/practiced the offense at all and think he can make a difference in the playoffs?

He's trying to mask the fact he's not physically capable of playing right now, which means he's not really ready until next season.

A narcissistic a-hole?

with that said he’d still be an upgrade as a #2 or very least a #3 WR. If he is healthy enough and can play and wants to be here, and the FO wants him, for the right price they should. 

• Agree 1

I wish he would have worded what he said a little different but he did also say if he was needed he could play but he doesn't see the point and I don't blame him coming off his 2nd acl tear ur being brought in to help win a super bowl this year along with having him for atheist 1 to 3 years more why would I want to go out there and put my body on the line for a team that will for sure make the playoffs when like he said he wants to get into a stable situation and come in at 6 am and leave at 6 pm and start his routine just cuz he isn't playing doesn't mean he isn't working out with the team or training or practicing just not playing in games 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, cablesabres68 said:

I wish he would have worded what he said a little different but he did also say if he was needed he could play but he doesn't see the point and I don't blame him coming off his 2nd acl tear ur being brought in to help win a super bowl this year along with having him for atheist 1 to 3 years more why would I want to go out there and put my body on the line for a team that will for sure make the playoffs when like he said he wants to get into a stable situation and come in at 6 am and leave at 6 pm and start his routine just cuz he isn't playing doesn't mean he isn't working out with the team or training or practicing just not playing in games 

Damn, this post is going to give a proofreader an epileptic fit.

• Like (+1) 1

I have always been a bit lukewarm to this, but the more I hear the more I agree with the Cowboys player.

I'm interested in the Superbowl not a circus. IF he can come in and contribute to THIS PLAYOFF PUSH then fine, but I have ZERO interest in signing him long term given his injury history with that knee. He'll be 31 next season having torn the same ACL twice. How effective will he be?

Instead, let's draft one of the seemingly endless pool of rookie WR every draft, have a guy who is 22 with fresh ACLs, and comes cheaply so that we can re-sign Poyer, who plays with his elbow being held together by duct tape. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

On 12/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, CEN-CAL17 said:

That’s not the question… question is “if he can play”, what attention does that draw from other teams? Especially if he can play.

Other teams don’t care much about Shakir. OBJ isn’t a rookie. 

Other teams won’t care about OBJ either. This exact time last year teams didn’t care about Amon-Ra St. Brown either. Until they were forced to care. 

My main overall point is that the likelihood of Shakir being able to produce at a higher level is likely higher than that of a 30yr+ old receiver who has 2 ACL tears in less than 2 yrs. 

Edited by bobobonators

Maybe with a week of practice, John Brown can show he's able to still be impactful.

Hopefully Crowder can get back on the field in the next 4 weeks.

Also, would be in favor of Beasley 

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Other teams won’t care about OBJ either. This exact time last year teams didn’t care about Amon-Ra St. Brown either. Until they were forced to care. 

My main overall point is that the likelihood of Shakir being able to produce at a higher level is likely higher than that of a 30yr+ old receiver who has 2 ACL years in less than 2 yrs. 

Unfortunately, for whatever reasons....the Bills don't seem to care about Shakir.

Did the guy do something wrong and end up in the doghouse?

It makes no sense to me. I was very excited about him after his performance against the Steelers.  Since then, they just never throw to him 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is right up there with Alan Iverson's Practice quote.

Kind of the opposite though.  OBJ said he would go 6 to 6 practicing and being part of the team but wouldn't go into a game until playoffs.  Then he would be completely healthy when the games matter more.

It's load management.  The Defense is getting crushed with injuries, but the offense might go a different route.   A healthy and rested Smoke and OBJ down the home stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I have always been a bit lukewarm to this, but the more I hear the more I agree with the Cowboys player.

I'm interested in the Superbowl not a circus. IF he can come in and contribute to THIS PLAYOFF PUSH then fine, but I have ZERO interest in signing him long term given his injury history with that knee. He'll be 31 next season having torn the same ACL twice. How effective will he be?

Instead, let's draft one of the seemingly endless pool of rookie WR every draft, have a guy who is 22 with fresh ACLs, and comes cheaply so that we can re-sign Poyer, who plays with his elbow being held together by duct tape. 

I agree, pass on this clown. 

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

Need Davis to step up & be more consistent. That's the answer @ WR2.

I’m curious to see if Smoke has anything left?

35 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Damn, this post is going to give a proofreader an epileptic fit.

28 minutes ago, cablesabres68 said:

Really dude? I'm working I don't need an English teacher just trying to get my thoughts down

Other than the lack of punctuation, I'm just trying to figure out who the atheist is.

I guess I'm now in the minority on this but I would still welcome OBJ here even if he doesn't contribute meaningfully until the playoffs. I'm just not all that comfortable with Gabe Davis as the automatic #2 WR. With Miller and Hyde both going down for the season and the other injuries that impact our defense seemingly every week, our offense is going to need to pick up the slack a bit. I'm not expecting OBJ to be a superstar here, but I think he can be a difference maker in games that matter. Sign me up for that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unless Beane is trying to sign OBJ at a discount for next year(s), I think I’m pretty much at my end of the line re: OBJ after those comments. 

Im sure he could help us in the playoffs, IF he’s even healthy enough to do that.   However, I’m not sure I love putting Allen is the position where he’s throwing his first live action pass to OBJ in the WC or Div around.  

I always thought it made sense if he could ramp up against, say, Cinci and NE … but if he’s above that or incapable of that .. eh… not ideal. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.