All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Seems like Dallas is doing a lot of talking that might not be what OBJ wants out there. 

Jones isn't wrong given OBJ's first ACL tear on that knee took 11 months to heal.  But I doubt OBJ wants that out there and will likely cross them off his list.

As for his contract demands, it's veteran minimum this year and that's it.  Anything more and "no thanks."

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If Dallas has pulled themselves out, that's telling me he isn't going to be playing this year.  I don't know why we're not out then too.  What's there to discuss then?

Or they thought he'd be available sooner than the Playoffs and they aren't interested in that. Or they wanted to see him work out and were turned off by him not wanting to do that. Or they played a dumb game and leaked out info in hopes of him dropping his price and it blew up in their face. Or they saw the writing on the wall that it wasn't going to get done and they wanted to placate their fans that were expecting it while trying to make the Bills or Giants look dumb for signing him.

This is Dallas and Jerry Jones we're talking about. I'd never say "well if Dallas is out, so am I". Ultimately, if we are still in this - then I'd say you shouldn't take what Dallas is saying at face value. I'd trust our doctors over whatever Dallas is unscrupulously leaking to the media.

• Like (+1) 1

OBJ is trying to get his best deal. If Poyer was right and he's back in Buffalo, it's to say "here's what Dallas offered, can you beat it?" 

He'll probably go back to Giantland, if he's even remotely interested in playing there and have the same talk. 

Jerry making chess moves to sow doubt to impact other teams offers and lower the amount he will likely end up paying. 

That's how I see it anyway. 

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

LOVE that response, honestly. 

Another Dallas player had a similar annoyed-ish response when asked about OBJ earlier as well. 

Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like they know he’s not going there, but can’t elaborate out of respect for OBJ, and are completely sick of talking about it. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I wonder what Tre' White would have said if asked

"when can you be ready to play?" at the start of the season

or even

"when will you be game-ready?" October 12

when the Bills opened his 21 day window to return from PUP?

I'm not sure the player's judgement is always the best guide here

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

or even

Yeah but maybe the player, and doctors say the same thing but the coaches are worried about your plying shape. 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

or even

OBJ does have experience on what it feels like to come back from this injury though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.