All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Fwiw.. I'm still in on this.

Best case scenario:  We get the 1 seed/bye.  Have two weeks to get OBJ up to speed with some sort of package for the Playoffs.  He doesn't need to hit the field until the middle/end of January.

Worst case scenario:  He's just shot for this season, and we have our WR2 for next season.. perhaps beyond, depending on contract length. 

Or maybe the knee concerns are simply negotiation and he's able to get back on the field for the Bengals/Patriots games. 

If he wants money and the spotlight, he'll suck it up, deal with a disrespectful owner, and go hat in hand to the Cowboys after how they treated Cooper and now already leaked his medicals.  If he comes here, I don't think we'll be shocked by the contract.  Multi-year, yes...  for monster guaranteed money.. unlikely. 

If you go by the T White schedule he's out for year.  Sounds like Dallas is somewhat cooling off on him too.  Maybe teams have figured out, he's likely not going to be ready till late Jan at best.  Rad a couple articles that said he may be able to get more money by sitting out year, then in off season taking a one year prove it deal as teams are less likely to give him what he wants now getting this late.  Could also just be Jerry trying to drive the price down.  Will see soon I'd imagine.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Dallas is out of the running, it's ours to lose IF we feel better about his knee than they do.

Let’s hope ODB wants to prove it to everyone and really gets himself ready for a late playoff push then. 

but I’d imagine it’ll be at least this year and next for a contract. With pretty high guarantees. 

Just now, mrags said:

Let’s hope ODB wants to prove it to everyone and really gets himself ready for a late playoff push then. 

but I’d imagine it’ll be at least this year and next for a contract. With pretty high guarantees. 

Hopefully he has realized that getting a deal that includes next year is impossible at this point. If he's smart he'll prove his worth here with a playoff push where he could be a featured receiver in a top passing offense.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Hopefully he has realized that getting a deal that includes next year is impossible at this point. If he's smart he'll prove his worth here with a playoff push where he could be a featured receiver in a top passing offense.

I think it’ll be the opposite for him. I think he believes he needs a multi year deal and also deserves one. Because that’s how narcissistic idiots think. 

• Like (+1) 3

I don't think he signs anywhere at this point. Von is injured. Dallas is reportedly out. Concerns around his knee. For his sake, the risk isn't worth the reward either. What is his value if he shows up and is mediocre? He is better off starting fresh in FA next year. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Let this be a lesson learned that if Bills are to go after big named free agents, it should be at the deadline, and only for a short time period. 

There's no lesson. We needed a top tier edge rusher and we paid for one. If you want to be angry about the Von Miller injury that's fair but don't find a way to retroactively blame Brandon Beane for signing him. ACL injuries on turf unfortunately can happen to anyone.

And I doubt we'll dump money into OBJ. He isn't going to get the contract he wants. If we sign him it will be a prove it deal that is easy to walk away from if he doesn't get healthy. For me the risk is more than worth it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Maybe a comment on Jerry using him as a pawn in the media?

It's never OBJ's fault😐

Jerry isn't the brightest bulb, but this story reeks of "media bias." They put words into his mouth that he didn't say. 

Mike Florio....read his smear campaign article (#9,405,062). "A source...." 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/06/odell-beckham-should-be-upset-that-cowboys-leaked-information-about-his-knee/

22 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think he signs anywhere at this point. Von is injured. Dallas is reportedly out. Concerns around his knee. For his sake, the risk isn't worth the reward either. What is his value if he shows up and is mediocre? He is better off starting fresh in FA next year. 

Why would it benefit him to have gone on these visits, say he’s ready then not sign anywhere?

I was pretty sure we were never getting this guy, the entire time seemed like a pipe dream. The last few days are the first time I actually started to think differently. I actually think we are going to sign him now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why would it benefit him to have gone on these visits, say he’s ready then not sign anywhere?

I don't think that does anything to hurt his stock what so ever. He asked to play for teams, teams wanted his services. It seems some doctors gave pause. He comes back healthy. 

It is a totally neutral event. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think that does anything to hurt his stock what so ever. He asked to play for teams, teams wanted his services. It seems some doctors gave pause. He comes back healthy. 

It is a totally neutral event. 

I don’t think the bills have any pause whatsoever. Seems like only the Cowboys have concerns 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.