All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gabriel Davis also 183rd out of 192 receivers in catch %.

Yeah. Pretty awful. 

He needs to stop dropping catchable passes and to be more reliable when called upon. 

To be fair, though...in terms of catch percentage, DK Metcalf is ranked 91st. Brandon Aiyuk 87th. The great Justin Jefferson is ranked 75th. 

A receiver can be highly productive in the NFL and still have a below average catch %. But yeah, he needs to clean it up. 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Gabriel Davis is ranked 26th in receiving yards. He has the same amount of receiving touchdowns as Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Ceedee Lamb, Amon Ra St Brown, and Mark Andrews, and more than Tyreek Hill, Tee Higgins, and DK Metcalf. Only 8 receivers in the league have caught more touchdowns than he has. 

I'm not sure in what universe those aren't good WR2 numbers.

Even if your contention that he was expected to emerge as a WR1, well...there are 32 teams in the league, and he is ranked 26th in receiving yardage and tied with a bunch of other guys for the 5th most touchdown receptions. Among players with at least 25 catches on the season, he is ranked 5th in 1st down %.

The Bills offense as a whole ranks 2nd in yards and 3rd in points, with Davis being the second leading receiver on the team.

I'm not sure if the problem people have is unrealistic expectations or failure to accurately assess Gabe Davis's production relative to that of his peers. Saying he "hasn't stepped up this season" is not really backed up by the numbers.

This shouldn’t be how you analyze a WR. A lot of WRs would put up very good numbers as a WR2 in Buffalo.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Pass. If he's not going to be able to at least get some reps with the ones before the Playoffs, then I'm not shaking up the depth chart just for him (still not knowing what you'll really get) during the Playoffs. 

People need to get over this idea that Odell will be a playoff piece for whatever team signs him.

He's been straight forward from the beginning that he's looking for a multi-year deal.

With that said, it'd probably be a better deal to sign him now than to wait for the 2023 FA period.

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That open roster spot was filled by CJ Brewer.

No, they released Stevenson freeing up a second roster spot on the 53 and then signed C.J. Brewer. There's still a spot left from placing Von Miller on IR as Alaina said in the second part of the tweet.

Wonder who leaked this out? Dallas banking on him wanting to come there and trying to get him to lower his price or the Giants or Bills?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

People need to get over this idea that Odell will be a playoff piece for whatever team signs him.

He's been straight forward from the beginning that he's looking for a multi-year deal.

With that said, it'd probably be a better deal to sign him now than to wait for the 2023 FA period.

Some media members agree with you about the "playoff piece"

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Whenever my girlfriend says fine we’re in an argument.

Those are the times you reenforce their decision not to tell you and asked "are you sure?" 2-3 more times.

That way when the agreement starts later you can say, "well you said fine and I asked you again and again so apparently you weren't being honest with me"

Worked like a charm.

I'm also divorced now so use that at your own risk🤣

Edited by The Wiz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Who? I dont even know who this guy is lol.  Why sign him to the roster? Did we use all the callups already?  This is probably a bad sign about Phillips.

He was with the Bills in pre-season and we signed him to the practice squad in November, after we signed and then cut Brandin Bryant.

I don't think we used up any of our call-ups on him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.