All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I think it is kind of sketchy that the Cowboys released an update on OBJ's health to be honest.  That seems like something you keep in house.

Especially with him still apparently on his visit there. I don't really understand what they're trying to accomplish here. Maybe he'll get turned off by their treatment of him, do the smart thing and sign here for just this season to prove his worth for next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I think it is kind of sketchy that the Cowboys released an update on OBJ's health to be honest.  That seems like something you keep in house.

I mean if he isn't signing with you after a full court press....nah I didn't want him anyways

• Haha (+1) 1

Not saying he isn't signing with Dallas or even gonna sign anywhere this year but I think Jerry releasing that stuff on the radio today is giving them an out as to why they chose not to sign him and Jerry doing typical Jerry things would have most likely kept that quiet and would have been bragging on the radio that they were excited for him to be there when I think he is just being cheap again. Thought he would give them a discount because who the cowboys are just my thoughts

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Drop statistics are basically - its not counted as a drop if a receiver has to put any effort into catching the ball.  By todays NFL standards that is far outdated.  Receivers are expected to make half the catches that dont count as drops IMO.

Bingo.

A fact missed by many posters.

I caught on to how ridiculous the drop statistic was when we had Kelvin Benjamin and he was credited with about 1/4 of the drops he actually had.

• Like (+1) 1

Why do I get the feeling this diva is going to make a social media post or video announcing his decision to take his talents to "x" team whoever that is to create a media frenzy and attention.

Or he rolls into Buffalo with Bills gear greeting Von Miller, only to turn heel, body slam him through a table and reveal a Cowboys shirt underneath after ripping the Bills shirt off with Jerry Jones lurking in the background like an old school WWE manager.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

OBJ is making the most out of this circus.  Good marketing move. 

He is not playing this season. 

I dont at all think its good marketing if this is true.

If you think regular season is a no- go, playoffs only, you need to be upfront about it, sprinkle optimism on it.

If thats not what was conveyed it comes off as dishonest and time wasting.

Anyone that has purchased a used car before knows, you need to see that thing run. You don't buy a car with a bunch of dash lights and it doesn't start but "it only needs a new battery." I'd tell the seller to prove it and let me know when it's ready to drive. Anyone that pays top dollar for a car like that is a sucker

1 hour ago, Process said:

So Odell got a few free meals and free courtside NBA seats and gets to do it all again in a few months when he is actually ready to sign with a team. 

Well played. 

This is something for a guy like me to do. OBJ can afford all that stuff on his own. He doesn't need  to be treated by anyone. I think it's just about marketing himself and "staying relevant" 

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Why do I get the feeling this diva is going to make a social media post or video announcing his decision to take his talents to "x" team whoever that is to create a media frenzy and attention.

Or he rolls into Buffalo with Bills gear greeting Von Miller, only to turn heel, body slam him through a table and reveal a Cowboys shirt underneath after ripping the Bills shirt off with Jerry Jones lurking in the background like an old school WWE manager.

That would be insane lol

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Gabriel Davis is ranked 26th in receiving yards. He has the same amount of receiving touchdowns as Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Ceedee Lamb, Amon Ra St Brown, and Mark Andrews, and more than Tyreek Hill, Tee Higgins, and DK Metcalf. Only 8 receivers in the league have caught more touchdowns than he has. 

I'm not sure in what universe those aren't good WR2 numbers.

Even if your contention that he was expected to emerge as a WR1, well...there are 32 teams in the league, and he is ranked 26th in receiving yardage and tied with a bunch of other guys for the 5th most touchdown receptions. Among players with at least 25 catches on the season, he is ranked 5th in 1st down %.

The Bills offense as a whole ranks 2nd in yards and 3rd in points, with Davis being the second leading receiver on the team.

I'm not sure if the problem people have is unrealistic expectations or failure to accurately assess Gabe Davis's production relative to that of his peers. Saying he "hasn't stepped up this season" is not really backed up by the numbers.

Gabriel Davis also 183rd out of 192 receivers in catch %.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.