All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

9 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The Bills blew it, by not taking OBJ, on a tour of Wegman's.. 😇😂

Front row, court side for an NBA game?

Tour of the Salad Bar at Weggie’s?

Tough call.

“and here we have the $14-plus-tax prepared turkey sandwiches with a little smattering of mayonnaise for your choosing”

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's be honest, any Buffalo tour isn't going to compete with NYC/NJ or Dallas. He comes here if he wants a nice life for his kids and a chance to play with a future HOF QB. He goes elsewhere if he is focused on the nightlife and money. I think our team is built the way it is because we get the more mature minded athletes that don't want to be in the clubs all night and I don't think that's OBJ

Pass. 

from PFT:

“Beckham has been looking for a deal that runs through the 2023 season as well and any team signing him now may wind up getting very little, if anything, from the wideout before the year is out.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/06/jerry-jones-not-confident-at-all-signing-odell-beckham-jr-without-a-workout/

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, it's pretty bizarre..  Did he think he was just going to have dinner with Josh and Von, then go to a Mavs game with Diggs and Parsons, tour facilities and the offers would come pouring in?  ..because it sounds like he did. 

he may just workout for the final team before signing? I don’t know what his plan was there. 

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You didn't see my sarcasm button, turned on. Look for it.

In truth, a "Sarcasm" Emoji would be a great ad

11 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Whelp, I just seen it on Face Book…OBJ signing with the Bills. It must be true, FB is the gospel after all. 

Link or it didn't happen

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

In truth, a "Sarcasm" Emoji would be a great ad

Link or it didn't happen

But it’s on FACE BOOK!! May as well just buy your OBJ jersey at this point. 😂😂 

on another note the poor soul who posted it is getting crucified, as he added the “My source just confirmed”.

27 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Let's be honest, any Buffalo tour isn't going to compete with NYC/NJ or Dallas. He comes here if he wants a nice life for his kids and a chance to play with a future HOF QB. He goes elsewhere if he is focused on the nightlife and money. I think our team is built the way it is because we get the more mature minded athletes that don't want to be in the clubs all night and I don't think that's OBJ

And let's be further honest, OBJ is 100% a Bright Lights/Limelight guy, or he wouldn't have set this whole "Sign OBJ Competition Tour" up the way he did.  I give props to his agent, for "creating an urgent need" in potential buyers for his client, but it reeks of a client who is a limelight hog.

Edited by Beck Water

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Meanwhile…. Diggs and Davis are tied for the league lead in drops with 6.  

As has been mentioned numerous times, drop statistics are not an official stat, are completely unreliable, and are subjective to the person counting the drop.

They say Davis has 6 drops yet he has closed to 15. They also said Kelvin Benjamin only had a few drops when he had over a dozen. Drop stats have always been awful.

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The entire video had 14 throws… And not all of them were easy catches

Yeah, this is the NFL. Not every pass is going to drop into your hands like a floating marshmallow while the defender stands from 10 yards away and gives you encouragement.

Its always confused me when people say “it wasn’t a drop, the pass was broken up”. Yes it was. The defenders job is to knock the ball away. The receivers job is to catch the ball despite the defender trying to knock the ball away.

Edited by Einstein

On 11/30/2022 at 11:23 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Very different types of WRs. Davis is mostly a product of scramble drill catches and schemed deep balls. 

I think there's some truth to this.  When looking at lowlights, one should really try for some balance by looking at highlight catches like this:

And this:

But to your point - I do think a lot of his catches do fall into the category of "deep balls, or scramble drills".   I actually think part of the problem is he isn't schemed open very often.  Josh seems to be forcing balls into him when he's actually well covered, and that's part of the "low catch %"/high INT against thing.  I said to a friend during the Pats game "Josh Allen isn't doing Davis any favors"

Edited by Beck Water

I've been on the "Sign OBJ" train most of the season.  But that was when I was sure he was going to be able to help this season.  If he isn't going to be able to play this season, I'm not signing him.  We definitely need a #2 WR.  Somewhere along the way Davis lost his hands and has not been the reliable target he's been the last couple seasons.  Even with the balls he does catch, it looks like he is fighting them and he's generally been a disappointment this season.  But, if OBJ can't help us in a meaningful way this season and give us a boost come playoff time, I am more than happy to wait until the offseason and address it in the Draft.  It's disappointing to hear that he may not be ready.  Obviously, Beane and company know the real truth about his situation and I trust him to make the right decision in regards to the player.  But in a year that has been only about 1 thing......winning the Super Bowl, we picked a bad season to take a step back at the WR position.

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

My intended point, which I’m sure I could have made more clearly, is that if I wanted to put together a film clip of 14 bad plays by Diggs, I could

Except you can’t. Diggs has about half the drops Davis does, while having WAY more targets.

49 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is like purchasing a badly damaged 2017 Ford Explorer over the internet without a test drive

My neighbor bought a car online, so he thought because all he got was nothing. Just an empty bill fold.😬 

Edited by Yawning Frog

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.