All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d be mad if his 2023 contract is 2.5m. I’d love to have him under 3M

you wouldn’t want him for that price?

For 2023?  Hell yeah, that's a cheap lottery ticket even if there's a good chance he's completely washed.  I was referring to this year.  I just can't conceive of him being in shape to help a team right now.

52 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

a 14 month contract wouldn’t worry me much. Any guarantees into the following year would be a major question for me. 

if he ultimately passed a physical, 11-12M cash outlay between this season and next wouldn’t really be a stress, again pointing at zay Jones getting 24m over 3 years. Holding out for Nelson agholor or Robbie Anderson? 

10m a year ain’t what it used to be. 

if he’s looking at closer to 20, it quickly gets hard to justify unless you feel absolutely great about his physical. 

12M gtd is too much for my tastes considering you can’t even see him work out.

We have better ways to use that money. 

If he’s looking @ 20M he’s smoking some serious crack.  
bokeem woodbine GIF

39 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

For 2023?  Hell yeah, that's a cheap lottery ticket even if there's a good chance he's completely washed.  I was referring to this year.  I just can't conceive of him being in shape to help a team right now.

Oh ok, my bad. 2.5 M for this year makes some sense because it’s only 2.5M we’d have to account for down the road.

I’d be ok with 2.5M gtd for this year and 7.5M next year as long as next years money isn’t gtd.  But he wouldn’t go for that. He’ll get overpaid by Dallas. I’m confidant in that.  

If Beane pays big money for him I’d probably like feel he’s doing it to please the locker room and the fans.   And I don’t think he really works in that way.  

Edited by NewEra

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Courtside seats at an NBA game or dinner and game night at Josh's? It's a no brainer. He's coming to Buffalo.

Post of the year. Could have added “Josh’s house in suburbs and neighbor to an old man farmer named squirrel”

• Haha (+1) 1

Pretty much over the "I am taking my talents to South Beach Tour"  He hasn't been an elite player in the league since 2016, hasn't finished an entire season since 2019.

He could have done this with a lot less fanfare, the amount that actually should be paid to a 30 yeat old wideout who blew the same knee out twice.  Ego wouldn't let it happen.   Poo or get off the pot bro.

• Agree 1

I get OBJ is a good player. But this dog and pony show is getting kinda ridiculous. He’s not Jefferson. Or Diggs. Or Chase. Or Tyreek. Hes a good WR when fully healthy but some teams are courting him like he’ll completely change a game by himself. 2016 OBJ could. That was 6 yrs ago. Might as well be 60 yrs in nfl yrs

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Pretty much over the "I am taking my talents to South Beach Tour"  He hasn't been an elite player in the league since 2016, hasn't finished an entire season since 2019.

He could have done this with a lot less fanfare, the amount that actually should be paid to a 30 yeat old wideout who blew the same knee out twice.  Ego wouldn't let it happen.   Poo or get off the pot bro.

You and I basically thought the same thing at the same time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Whether it be Beckham or someone else, we need help.

Davis replaced his hands with bricks over the off-season.

We’ve beaten every division leader in the afc.  We can beat anyone,  we don’t need anyone.  Additional playmakers would help us and make us more formidable, but we don’t need them to win a super bowl

I don't blame OBJ for accepting the red carpet treatment in Dallas. I think they're the ones that look foolish for pulling out all the stops for just a solid #2 WR. That's the only reason I want him, not because he's still a superstar but because he's better than Gabe Davis. That's good enough for me. Dallas is making this whole thing weird.

I also don't put much stock in the report that he isn't working out on his visits. Working out comes at contract signing time. He's not trying out for a team yet, he's picking where he wants to be for the next season and a half.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.