All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

If he's not ready to contribute his year id pass

This is based on almost nothing 😂, but I think the anonymous nfc executive questioning Odell’s health is a giants employee trying to keep him away from Dallas lol 

no chance we sign Odell if he can’t contribute this year but I’m pretty skeptical of that report that he can’t 

we probably were interested in giving him a pretty decent prorated deal for the rest of this season if we think he’s healthy enough but I doubt he gets anything multi year for a considerable amount of money from us 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

if there is decent $ to spend give it to Poyer, a guy who has EARNED IT here. 

Poyer has earned it for sure but we should have done that before. Now we will have to wait till later and hope we can still make it work.

With all this said, OBJ wants to be here and its a perfect spot for everything to thrive and we can all go to the Glory Land together. Beane must make it happen now.

36 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Poyer has earned it for sure but we should have done that before. Now we will have to wait till later and hope we can still make it work.

With all this said, OBJ wants to be here and its a perfect spot for everything to thrive and we can all go to the Glory Land together. Beane must make it happen now.

Come on man.  OBJ can't even workout yet and you want Beane to sign him to a multiyear contract?

The only reason to sign OBJ is to make an impact this year.  If he's healthy and can't be signed without giving him multiple years, you consider it so long as it works from a cap perspective (and doesn't preclude us from re-signing more important players).

But if there are any indications that he's not going to be healthy this year, then it becomes an easy decision - even easier than whether to invite Slash to play guitar in your garage band.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Exactly.  Give Poyer his $11M and that would leave $9M for a true WR#2.  I'd do this before $20M for OBJ.

20M??  LOL-  I skipped to the last page of this thread, is that a number being thrown around?  I was thinking 6M max lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

20M??  LOL-  I skipped to the last page of this thread, is that a number being thrown around?  I was thinking 6M max lol

It was reported he wants "up to $20M per year on a multi-year contract".  I laughed when I heard it.

Leaving all that aside.  He's doing his "tour" with teams and can't even work out yet.  WTF is that all about?

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It was reported he wants "up to $20M per year on a multi-year contract".  I laughed when I heard it.

Leaving all that aside.  He's doing his "tour" with teams and can't even work out yet.  WTF is that all about?

💯  .he’s hoping someone is REALLY desperate.  

If he was proven to be healthy, I think 12-13M would be his max considering he hasn’t had over 78 catches, 1050 yards and 7 TD  since 2016.  

torn ACLs in back to back season brings down you worth and his wasn’t nearly that high to begin with 

of we pay him 10M for next season I’ll be happy that Beane is making a push to win the SB this year, but I think it would be a mistake.  He might not be healthy and likely not worth it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Come on man.  OBJ can't even workout yet and you want Beane to sign him to a multiyear contract?

He's only visiting Buffalo and there's an 80 page thread on him because one poster thinks Beane will sign him. What a bizarre thought by me. (also who cares about multiyear, it could be rest of this season and next only.)

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm gonna laugh when he signs in Dallas for $2.5 million and TBD loses it's collective mind. 

For the record, I don't want the guy.  Very little chance he can contribute anything given he can't work out and we have 5 weeks remaining in the season.

I’d be mad if his 2023 contract is 2.5m. I’d love to have him under 3M

you wouldn’t want him for that price?

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

💯  .he’s hoping someone is REALLY desperate.  

If he was proven to be healthy, I think 12-13M would be his max considering he hasn’t had over 78 catches, 1050 yards and 7 TD  since 2016.  

torn ACLs in back to back season brings down you worth and his wasn’t nearly that high to begin with 

of we pay him 10M for next season I’ll be happy that Beane is making a push to win the SB this year, but I think it would be a mistake.  He might not be healthy and likely not worth it

10m isn’t even top 30 money. Roll in guys on rookie contracts and you are talking marginal WR2 territory. Literally one slot above zay Jones for average annual value. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

10m isn’t even top 30 money. Roll in guys on rookie contracts and you are talking marginal WR2 territory. Literally one slot above zay Jones for average annual value. 

And obj is a top 30 WR? based on what exactly?  

dude has played in more than 13 games 1 time since 2016.  He tore his acl back to back seasons and can’t even work out….. you would pay him more than 10M a year?  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And obj is a top 30 WR? based on what exactly?  

dude has played in more than 13 games 1 time since 2016.  He tore his acl back to back seasons and can’t even work out….. you would pay him more than 10M a year?  

im not strongly advocating for the guy so much as pointing out that in the near future we will probably pay a guy with similarly treacherous injury history and/or far less upside just as much - or more.

depending on the duration, and flexibility built in - I would potentially pay him that much. Or potentially run the opposite direction.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

im not strongly advocating for the guy so much as pointing out that in the near future we will probably pay a guy with similarly treacherous injury history and/or far less upside just as much - or more.

depending on the duration, and flexibility built in - I would potentially pay him that much. Or potentially run the opposite direction.

Ok. 

i just feel that if he wants to get paid in 2023, he should sign for the remainder of the season and play well.  Asking these teams to sign him for gtd money in 2023 at a time where he can’t even work out for them is wishful thinking imo.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Ok. 

i just feel that if he wants to get paid in 2023, he should sign for the remainder of the season and play well.  Asking these teams to sign him for gtd money in 2023 at a time where he can’t even work out for them is wishful thinking imo.  

a 14 month contract wouldn’t worry me much. Any guarantees into the following year would be a major question for me. 

if he ultimately passed a physical, 11-12M cash outlay between this season and next wouldn’t really be a stress, again pointing at zay Jones getting 24m over 3 years. Holding out for Nelson agholor or Robbie Anderson? 

10m a year ain’t what it used to be. 

if he’s looking at closer to 20, it quickly gets hard to justify unless you feel absolutely great about his physical. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.