All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Report out that many believe it's unlikely OBJ is fully healthy and that he likely won't contribute much this year.

Part of me believes that but part of me thinks it’s one of the three teams in the running doing a little gamesmanship lol. I think that info is getting attributed to someone in the giants front office 

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Part of me believes that but part of me thinks it’s one of the three teams in the running doing a little gamesmanship lol. I think that info is getting attributed to someone in the giants front office 

No team is going to sign a player without seeing him workout so it's a little bit of a red flag that he isn't doing any workouts on these visits.

1 hour ago, muppy said:

WHOA. well from reading the last couple pages my comment is how on earth is he going to be signed anywhere without he passing a physical at the very least. I doubt he would fly into 3 different NFL cities just to be fawned over for past achievements with no vetting of his actual physical abilities as of NOW ..post 2 serious injuries I might add.

Someone needs to get the insider tea on just what IS going on with this guy one way or the other. The conjecture reads all over the place.

Yeah, we could use someone to “spill the tea”,

But Mupp, there’s a difference between a workout and a medical…the teams may be asking to review his medical records and to give him a physical, or to review a physical and test results by a “neutral” physician …. But unless he actually works out it could be hard to see how that will translate into his speed, acceleration, ability to cut, and whether he might actually be  able to contribute to a playoff push or playoffs THIS season.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Glazer said all the teams ….“They’re all looking at more long term deals”

Then hell no

I really hope Beane doesn't cave and sign him just because he's buddies with Von and Diggs and they want him on the team

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Boy, I really don't know what to feel about OBJ joining the Bills.

On one hand, great!  It's always good to have talented players on the team, especially if they can push us over the top to win a Super Bowl.

However, I can already see the spotlight being shined on HIM if we do win it all.  I would hate to see that.  There are a LOT of players and coaches that have worked years to turn this ship around... OBJ isn't one of them.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

9 hours ago, TOboy said:

Trust in Beane. If you believed all the reports out there he’s getting $20M per season on a multi year deal while not being able to play a snap this season (or even pass a physical). 

No chance that is the case. If we sign him, it makes sense for both OBJ and the Bills. 

Thank you for a note of sanity.  In Beane We Trust

I would love to have a stud WR opposite Diggs, but I just don’t see it being OBJ.  Yeah he talks a big game, wants another ring, blah blah blah… but at the end of the day, it’s coming down to the money. I just don’t see Beane getting into a bidding war on OBJ. 

Fingers crossed, but expectations low.

9 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Boy, I really don't know what to feel about OBJ joining the Bills.

On one hand, great!  It's always good to have talented players on the team, especially if they can push us over the top to win a Super Bowl.

However, I can already see the spotlight being shined on HIM if we do win it all.  I would hate to see that.  There are a LOT of players and coaches that have worked years to turn this ship around... OBJ isn't one of them.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

On the one hand, I do feel that Greg Cosell had a point that the Bills don’t have a huge amount of talent on offense, and maybe we need a star to push us over the top. I feel like when the Bills win a Superbowl none of us will really care who the national press spotlights.  The Lombardi cures all.

On the other hand, I sort of feel as though while it’s true the Bills have Diggs, and no one else as their stars, we’re kind of parallel to the Bills defense in that without big stars, we kind of formed a whole that was greater than the sum of its parts.  And now we do have a star in Diggs.  And hired guns are always risky.  They can shake things up in a positive way, or in a negative way.  

The only thing would be fully negative is if the Bills sign someone and do Tre White Part Deux where a guy is on the roster taking up a slot but not ready to play..  

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I would love to have a stud WR opposite Diggs, but I just don’t see it being OBJ.  Yeah he talks a big game, wants another ring, blah blah blah… but at the end of the day, it’s coming down to the money. I just don’t see Beane getting into a bidding war on OBJ. 

Fingers crossed, but expectations low.

It’s gonna be something interesting from a contract standpoint that he ends up getting from someone (don’t know if it’ll be us). He’ll probably be getting paid almost nothing this season even factoring in that it’s prorated. 

1 hour ago, balln said:

PFT - says obj isn’t working out for teams on these visits. 

ok dude- get lost . No CHANCE! Let him walk

Yeah thats a big red flag. White wasn't ready til a year. Everyone is different but if he isn't working out for the teams then i don't trust he plays at all this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Only a few tid-bits

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/odell-beckham-jr-to-von-miller-on-trip-to-bills-it-was-a-good-visit/article_8541d2b2-7405-11ed-9d38-9bf9224f2ceb.html

On a Twitch stream, after a number of giveaways to fans, Miller FaceTimed with Beckham, among others.....
The next day, over FaceTime, Miller teed up Beckham by telling him that all the commenters on Twitch hoped he had a good time in Buffalo.  "I had the wings, the lemon pepper was good," Beckham told Miller. "Everything was good, bro. It was a good visit."

The call between Beckham and Miller on Sunday was brief, with Miller saying he didn't want anything, and it "just a random OBJ appreciation moment." But Beckham made it clear he was happy to answer.   "You know, you see Von call, I'm always gonna answer the phone," Beckham said. 
The pass rusher said in October that he talks to Beckham “probably every week," and the two seem to trade responses on social media frequently, too. It's no surprise that Miller will continue to lobby for his friend, as Beckham closes in on a decision. 

but then there's this

The timing of when he could be ready to play is unclear. Beckham has not played since leaving Super Bowl LVI in the second quarter with a knee injury. Beckham tore the same left ACL in October 2020. Per multiple reports, he is not taking part in workouts during his current tour.

Opinion piece from TBN new reporter Ryan O'Halloran:

Now comes the real get-it-done challenge during the Bills’ mini-bye: Convincing receiver Odell Beckham Jr. that he is the final piece to the team’s Super Bowl puzzle.

Acquire Beckham and the first Lombardi Trophy will be in the franchise’s sights.

This is big, football business, the kind of big, football business that could propel the Bills to a new height offensively.

No pressure, Brandon Beane.

We all see Tre White, he's only just now getting back into it.  There's real question about how much and when Beckham will be able to contribute, if he's not working out while on these visits.  There's no question the Beckham the Rams had for their playoff push would be a huge add.  A Beckham not up to full go, who has to be kept on the roster and worked into the offense while Beane juggles personnel at other positions on and off the PS, could be a distraction. 

O'Halloran ends with this:

If the Bills are unable to sign Beckham, they still have the goods to win the title.

Really?  Which is it?  The Bills NEED Beckham as the final piece of the Superbowl puzzle, OR they have the goods without him?  Because I don't think both can be true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.