All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

After reading that article on him wanting close to 20 mil per year, AND anything more than a one year deal, please count me in the "no thank you" group.  Here's my reasoning.

There's still five weeks left in the regular season, plus the playoffs.  Alot can happen in that time.  McKenzie has really started to turn it on lately.  Also, it seems like Gabe is starting to settle down, play better, more consistent football, and win more of Josh's trust.  I think injuries had alot to do with his underwhelming play this year, and I'm thinking he's finally starting to get close to 100%.  I haven't given up on him becoming our undisputed #2 guy.  Even with his inconsistent play this year, he has still shown flashes of being the guy we all envisioned. 

This may not be a popular opinion, but I honestly feel like bringing in Beckham at this point could prove to be counterproductive.  And we already know he's not coming here for cheap.  With all the uncertainties surrounding him, I'd much rather stick with what we have than risk giving up an arm and a leg for a guy that we're not even certain is an upgrade over what we have.  And as great of a wizard Beane is with the cap, to get Beckham means ultimately letting someone else walk.  Just my two cents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So, if I get this right the facts are as follows for OBJ.  Let's forget any previous hype and look at it for face value.

1.  OBJ may or may not be available to play this year.  If he does, he probably will not be anywhere close to his former self.

2.  He seems set on signing a multi-year contract and will not do a "rest of the year" deal.

3.  He wants up to $20M per year.  That puts him firmly in WR#1 money no matter how you slice it.

4.  Unknown as to what type of contract details he would settle on.  Re-injury, guaranteed money, incentives.

5.  The NFL world has yet to hear what kind of "workouts" OBJ has performed to show his availability.

What I see concerning the Buffalo Bills.

1.  The Bills need someone who can push Gabe Davis for the #2WR position this year.

2.  I'm not going to get into cap talk BUT the Bills are limited next year in money.

3.  The Bills can ill afford to use up another roster spot at WR who cannot perform on a weekly basis.

Personally, I wanted OBJ on a "rest of the year" deal and would have sacrificed some good money if he was healthy.

Not knowing what he can do for this year's playoff run is concerning.

No matter how this turns out no one can criticize for Brandon Beane looking at all the facts and having to weigh the risks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I believe both Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis have this guy cook for them. 

Apparently he has a gift for preparing super-tasty food that meets the nutritional and caloric needs of the WRs.

IMMA guess a normal WR dinner during the season does not include two kinds of cake tho

He is the private chef for all sorts of position groups. Josh, Von, and I think some OL as well. He’s basically the go to for anybody on the team regardless of position. 

45 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

What about Emmanuel Sanders?  He should be fresh.

He can play inside too!!!

Everybody is fondly remembering Beasley from 2-3 years ago but forgetting all the chatter about him being washed last season. 

I was a proponent of getting the best three on the field last year and thought it was Diggs and Davis outside with Sanders inside. If we’re going to pluck a guy off the couch he’s my guy. 

I don’t see Odell signing with Buffalo.  The money would be a huge deal for the Bills.  He reportedly doesn’t love playing in a cold climate.  I don’t see what the lure is of the NYG either? They aren’t “one” player away from winning a SB and don’t have a great QB.  Buffalo makes more sense than the Giants unless he is just in a sentimental mood for his old team.  

Dallas makes the most sense as far as ready to compete for the NFC Championship now, National exposure and they play in the South in a dome with a solid QB (but not the level of JA17 of course). 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I don’t see Odell signing with Buffalo.  The money would be a huge deal for the Bills.  He reportedly doesn’t love playing in a cold climate.  I don’t see what the lure is of the NYG either? They aren’t “one” player away from winning a SB and don’t have a great QB.  Buffalo makes more sense than the Giants unless he is just in a sentimental mood for his old team.  

Dallas makes the most sense as far as ready to compete for the NFC Championship now, National exposure and they play in the South in a dome with a solid QB (but not the level of JA17 of course). 

All valid points.  Would sure make CeeDee even more dangerous.  However, Dallas has lost out on big name free agents.  Something is up there.  Could it be how they handle Amari Cooper?  That still is a head scratcher/

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, My!  Let's look at that one in full:

Odell Beckham WR, Unsigned Free Agent

FOX Sports' Ralph Vacchiano reports there is "considerable doubt" free agent Odell Beckham (knee) can return to play this year. 

Beckham, who tore his ACL twice in a 16-month span, expects to be fully cleared later this month. Returning this late in the season, there are questions over how healthy Beckham is and whether he can contribute down the stretch. Beckham informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract that he "hopes ends up being worth $20 million per year." That would put Beckham out of the Giants' price range. Beckham is expected to visit with Buffalo this weekend but the Cowboys remain the favorites for Beckham if the 30-year-old returns this season.

If Beckham, having re-injured the same ACL 2x in 2 years, wants a multi-year $20M contract, he can want it somewhere else.

Don't Do It, Beane.  We have GOT to get more help out of our draft picks and lower price FA

Edit: my browser didn't update the link correctly, this is the link I pulled that from:

Interesting timing of this news coming out.  I can BS that he's trying to get 20m per year.  I dont think the multi year deal is wrong though.

Edited by The Wiz

Just now, The Wiz said:

Interesting timing of this news coming out.  I can BS that he's trying to get 20m per year.  I dont think the multi year deal is wrong though.

There’s some ambiguity in wording there.  If it’s a 3 year deal,”hope it ends up” being $20M/ yr could mean $20M AAV, or $20M cap hit the 3rd year with escalators and incentives

🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There’s some ambiguity in wording there.  If it’s a 3 year deal,”hope it ends up” being $20M/ yr could mean $20M AAV, or $20M cap hit the 3rd year with escalators and incentives

🤷‍♂️

Agree, and he's not getting $20m per yr....

1st off, neither of Giants/Cowboys/Bills can afford that with upcoming contract extensions.

2nd, as mentioned by many, he's no guarantee to return this yr (at full health).  Max this yr, likely getting 1-2 reg season games and playoffs.  

It's likely true he's looking for a multi yr deal. Just can't see us spending what it will likely take to acquire him.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, My!  Let's look at that one in full:

Odell Beckham WR, Unsigned Free Agent

FOX Sports' Ralph Vacchiano reports there is "considerable doubt" free agent Odell Beckham (knee) can return to play this year. 

Beckham, who tore his ACL twice in a 16-month span, expects to be fully cleared later this month. Returning this late in the season, there are questions over how healthy Beckham is and whether he can contribute down the stretch. Beckham informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract that he "hopes ends up being worth $20 million per year." That would put Beckham out of the Giants' price range. Beckham is expected to visit with Buffalo this weekend but the Cowboys remain the favorites for Beckham if the 30-year-old returns this season.

If Beckham, having re-injured the same ACL 2x in 2 years, wants a multi-year $20M contract, he can want it somewhere else.

Don't Do It, Beane.  We have GOT to get more help out of our draft picks and lower price FA

Edit: my browser didn't update the link correctly, this is the link I pulled that from:

This clown has NEVER come close to earning 20 million a year.  And now, after his productivity has been in a free fall for the previous 2 seasons AND he blew out his knee again, he wants top 12 annual WR money??

He took 4.25 for half a season last year--that's his price ceiling.  He's already shown that.

lol.  he's trolling social media and the NFL at this point.  

Edited by Mr. WEO

5 hours ago, Process said:

The longer this goes/less likely it is he plays this year, the less interested I am in him. Don't want him for next year, we are much better off drafting a guy early who will be younger/cheaper/have more potential. 

If the guy isn't ready to play this year, which is very reasonable given the injuries, than time to move on and worry about WR in the off-season.

Yeah, I only want him if he can play and be a contributer in the playoffs.  By that I mean pull some coverage off Diggs and make some plays of his own too.  If he cant do that then there is no reason to sign him.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Rest of what Raanan said:

This is likely true.  A chance to maybe make the playoffs but realistically he probably should just wait until next season.  The problem with that is who is going to give him a big multi year contract if nobody knows if he can actually play at an elite level again. It may be unrealistic for people to expect a lot for him this season but in the same token I think its unrealistic for OBJ to expect a team to pay him a big money multi year contract in his current situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Dude you’re trusting a Giants reporter to be post anything but progiants stuff. The Giants QB situation is a mess no way he goes anywhere near the Gmen. It’s Dallas or Buffalo 

It makes since…. But the Giants are not going to invest in Daniel Jones. There’s no telling who will be the QB there the next 3 years. I can see that getting frustrating for OBJ and it’s drama all over again.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Dude you’re trusting a Giants reporter to be post anything but progiants stuff. The Giants QB situation is a mess no way he goes anywhere near the Gmen. It’s Dallas or Buffalo 

I have no opinion one way or the other on the veracity of this report.  Someone posted the first of a series of tweets and I thought the rest of the series was of interest. 

As far as "not posting anything but pro-Giants stuff", read the guy's actual tweet.

Tre White had surgery Dec 16th.  He started practicing with the team in mid-October, just about 10 months later.  He was placed on the roster Nov 1, and saw snaps in his first game on Thanksgiving, a year after his original injury.

Odell Beckham injured his ACL on 2-13-2022.  It's always been a question, would he really be ready to play in December, only 10 months after the injury?  The average time to return to play for an NFL wide receiver in one study was 13 months.  Even if he's "good to go" on the ACL, He might need a month to ramp up into "playing shape".  Tom Brady says it takes him a month to build timing and get in sync with a new receiver.  It's reasonable to ask how much OBJ would contribute this season.

All that being the case, what this "Giants reporter" says meshes in with facts about injury and new player timelines and seems to raise questions worth asking.

So frankly, I think what this guy says makes sense from a logical POV

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is a "Welcome Odell" menu by Executive Chef Darian Bryan.  He is Jamaican chef in Buffalo making waves.

Menu:

First Course: Fried Goat Cheese Salad

Second Course: Cajun Seafood Pasta

Third Course: Steak Au Poivre with Brandy Cream Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables

Fourth Course: (Desert by Sweet Pea Bakery😞 Gooey Butter Cake and Red Velvet Cake.

A two year deal may be made so the team can spread impact of signing.

Dude is an inspiration to people who basically come from nothing and make it big

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.