All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can someone post a screenshot for those of us that don't use Instagram?

It is a "Welcome Odell" menu by Executive Chef Darian Bryan.  He is Jamaican chef in Buffalo making waves.

He arrived in the states in 2012 and has quickly rose to the spotlight through his pop-up fine dining dinners in surprising and unusual locations, private dinners and meal prep for Buffalo’s favorite NFL players, and his block long lines at his Jamaican pop-up events titled “Jerk Hut”. 

Menu:

First Course: Fried Goat Cheese Salad

Second Course: Cajun Seafood Pasta

Third Course: Steak Au Poivre with Brandy Cream Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables

Fourth Course: (Desert by Sweet Pea Bakery😞 Gooey Butter Cake and Red Velvet Cake.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This seems like wishcasting by a Giants beat writer, but I do think the multi-year deal is accurate.  Whoever he signs with likely means next year as well.  

A two year deal may be made so the team can spread impact of signing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

If we were completely healthy, Gabe wasnʻt having catch issues, Knox was schemed into our pass attack, Crowder was available, and our staff trusted Shakir - I would 100% agree with this.

However, outside of Diggs and Allen scrambling we literally have nothing else outside of splash plays.

In my opinion, what we currently have and/or are currently doing on offense is not sustainable for a playoff run - especially if we have to travel to KC again

not a huge market but paired up with Mahomes he will be in the mainstream media non stop

How so,  it the same roster that beat the chiefs in week 6? 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This seems like wishcasting by a Giants beat writer, but I do think the multi-year deal is accurate.  Whoever he signs with likely means next year as well.  

Yea just doesn’t make sense to me for him to sign there this year.

By the time he is able to play there is only going to be like 3 games left in the season. Makes more sense to sign with a real contender like Bills or cowboys for the rest of the year, go for ring #2, and then if he really wants to be a Giant long term bc of nostalgia, sign then. The money likely won’t be more by signing now rather than 2022 Free Agency

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, gordong said:

How so,  it the same roster that beat the chiefs in week 6? 

Chiefs roster has evolved.  Skyy Moore emerging and they’ve made a bunch of moves to bolster the depth of their skill positions. 

Not sure anyone on this team has definitively emerged.. James Cook, hopefully?

We've made one move.. Hines. 

NFL is a different world lately.  Teams make in-season moves.  Last year the Rams brought in Von.  Chiefs brought in Ingram.  Trend continues into this year.  See, Eagles, Vikings, Chiefs, Bills etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs roster has evolved.  Skyy Moore emerging and they’ve made a bunch of moves to bolster the depth of their skill positions. 

Not sure anyone on this team has definitively emerged.. James Cook, hopefully?

We've made one move.. Hines. 

NFL is a different world lately.  Teams make in-season moves.  Last year the Rams brought in Von.  Chiefs brought in Ingram.  Trend continues into this year.  See, Eagles, Vikings, Chiefs, Bills etc. 

chiefs also have the worst red zone D in the league. I’ll be interested also to see if they can get pressure on burrow tomorrow because if not they will be trouble. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

chiefs also have the worst red zone D in the league. I’ll be interested also to see if they can get pressure on burrow tomorrow because if not they will be trouble. 

Chiefs Defense is sus if they can’t get pressure with Jones and co., so I’d agree.  

They’ve been flirting with an L for a minute now … hopefully the Bengals finally hand them one.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

If we were completely healthy, Gabe wasnʻt having catch issues, Knox was schemed into our pass attack, Crowder was available, and our staff trusted Shakir - I would 100% agree with this.

However, outside of Diggs and Allen scrambling we literally have nothing else outside of splash plays.

In my opinion, what we currently have and/or are currently doing on offense is not sustainable for a playoff run - especially if we have to travel to KC again

not a huge market but paired up with Mahomes he will be in the mainstream media non stop

You know the same thing will happen with Josh in Buffalo right? Also the Chiefs have absolutely no money to sign him-I think it’s actually a really poor fit in KC for him, outside of playing with Mahomes 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

This.  Show me an NFL player whose agent isn't always focused on getting them a long-term deal, and I'll show you an NFL player who needs a new agent.

And that could be true from OBJ's thinking.  But the other side of the coin is, with a 2nd ACL in the same knee, he has a renewed need to show he's back.

The thing is, OBJ only needs one team to agree with him, and I'd bet on Jerry for that.

Agreed. If this was pre draft and we had a top 10 prospect at WR coming out who just tore his knee for the second time in 5 years what would we want with him?

**I'm not saying he is a top 10 WR.  I am saying that in this argument you must say he would be a top 10 college prospect for his draft class.

He would be a 3rd or 4th round if he just tore it 9 months ago and not been tested yet.

The longer this goes/less likely it is he plays this year, the less interested I am in him. Don't want him for next year, we are much better off drafting a guy early who will be younger/cheaper/have more potential. 

If the guy isn't ready to play this year, which is very reasonable given the injuries, than time to move on and worry about WR in the off-season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Process said:

The longer this goes/less likely it is he plays this year, the less interested I am in him. Don't want him for next year, we are much better off drafting a guy early who will be younger/cheaper/have more potential. 

If the guy isn't ready to play this year, which is very reasonable given the injuries, than time to move on and worry about WR in the off-season.

Have been thinking this forever. I see no way he can contribute this year and all in all think his career as anything more than WR3 is done. 

Top Reasons OBJ will sign in Buffalo 🦬🦬Von is in Buff

🦬Top 3 Team

🦬many prime time games

🦬JA17 is a ***** Savage

🦬overall team & family culture

🦬they will give him a 3 year deal

🦬playing with Diggs will get him more touches. He’ll be singled with the #2 CB vs. man

🦬BILLS MAFIA 🦬

56 minutes ago, Process said:

Oh, My!  Let's look at that one in full:

Odell Beckham WR, Unsigned Free Agent

FOX Sports' Ralph Vacchiano reports there is "considerable doubt" free agent Odell Beckham (knee) can return to play this year. 

Beckham, who tore his ACL twice in a 16-month span, expects to be fully cleared later this month. Returning this late in the season, there are questions over how healthy Beckham is and whether he can contribute down the stretch. Beckham informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract that he "hopes ends up being worth $20 million per year." That would put Beckham out of the Giants' price range. Beckham is expected to visit with Buffalo this weekend but the Cowboys remain the favorites for Beckham if the 30-year-old returns this season.

If Beckham, having re-injured the same ACL 2x in 2 years, wants a multi-year $20M contract, he can want it somewhere else.

Don't Do It, Beane.  We have GOT to get more help out of our draft picks and lower price FA

Edit: my browser didn't update the link correctly, this is the link I pulled that from:

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Beckham informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract that he "hopes ends up being worth $20 million per year."  

Don't Do It, Beane.  We have GOT to get more help out of our draft picks and lower price FA

Zero point zero percent chance that Beane would sign him for anything close to that.  I wouldn't worry.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, My!  Let's look at that one in full:

Odell Beckham WR, Unsigned Free Agent

FOX Sports' Ralph Vacchiano reports there is "considerable doubt" free agent Odell Beckham (knee) can return to play this year. 

Beckham, who tore his ACL twice in a 16-month span, expects to be fully cleared later this month. Returning this late in the season, there are questions over how healthy Beckham is and whether he can contribute down the stretch. Beckham informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract that he "hopes ends up being worth $20 million per year." That would put Beckham out of the Giants' price range. Beckham is expected to visit with Buffalo this weekend but the Cowboys remain the favorites for Beckham if the 30-year-old returns this season.

If Beckham, having re-injured the same ACL 2x in 2 years, wants a multi-year $20M contract, he can want it somewhere else.

Lol! Did this just come out? He’s wasting his time and Beanes time coming to Buffalo if he’s looking for that payday. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Only team that might sign him to 20M per is the Cowboys, and their fans would riot given Jerry Jones basically traded away a healthy Cooper making the same money because he wouldn’t get vaccinated. 

Don't leave out the Raiders in making stupid decisions. Though they don't have the money in this case.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.