All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I know….the scenario I was talking about would be 4 year including 2 void years. I don’t think there’s any chance he’d offer him a 4 year contract without void years. 

Then we agree.  It's semantics, but it would be a 2-year contract for OBJ that Beane stretches out with 2 void years.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hear you. I just wonder how up front they are doing this analysis. For example, do they ask to do a physical before making an offer? I would hope so, but sort of wonder how squirrelly OBJ is going to be on that. 

It's a team's right to have their physicians perform a physical before signing.  If OBJ refuses and I was Beane, I would pass on the deal.

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

They can likely backload the Edmunds contract, as he’s a young, talented player who should be a good bet to live up to his contract. 

I think it’s likely guys like Poyer & Singletary walk for contracts elsewhere.

We have restructures available that don’t hamstring our future, especially with Beane never trading away major picks.

Where an OBJ multi-year deal probably hurts us is in finding a little extra here and there for some of the Jordan Phillips, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Roger Saffold type signings we saw last year.  

One thing is for sure. I hope Poyer goes to the NFC and we don't see him anytome soon if he does. The chip on his shoulder is going to be enough to win a game against us. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hear you. I just wonder how up front they are doing this analysis. For example, do they ask to do a physical before making an offer? I would hope so, but sort of wonder how squirrelly OBJ is going to be on that. 

no team is signing this guy without a review off all films and a physical....

he knows this.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

no team is signing this guy without a review off all films and a physical....

he knows this.

I’ve also not seen him run a route. A guy like OBJ would have all his routes on social media if he was running good routes.

We forget he’s had 2 ACL injuries in less than 2 years. 

I think he has a documentary coming out so maybe he’s saving all that stuff for the documentary but it’s interesting we haven’t seen anything.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ve also not seen him run a route. A guy like OBJ would have all his routes on social media if he was running good routes.

We forget he’s had 2 ACL injuries in less than 2 years. 

I think he has a documentary coming out so maybe he’s saving all that stuff for the documentary but it’s interesting we haven’t seen anything.

he's out of shape

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

if he's ready to play the only reason he's not signed is that no one has offered him more than that Rams deal last year.

I mean other than the fact all the teams medical departments would need to sign off on it once he shows he is ready.

I am going to piggy back off of @Logic

is OBJ worth something like Singleterry & Edmunds? Is it worth losing Oliver? We have heard this big deal about the process and 1/11. So I think of Poyer.

this isn't a knock against OBJ.

I think we need to focus players on defense which cost us games, especially in the playoffs. Inversely, on offense we need to focus on coaching, play calling an execution. Last night showed us a lot what of what is capable of when we reach for our potential.

Could BJO be a part of what's missing? We don't know. But we do know he's likely to bring a big asset to the table.

For the record, I am more cautious and curious then I am anything. I want the coaching staff to fully evaluate him. Sign him on a major incentive deal and let him try to live up to his own hype. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.