All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the bills are now prepared to offer OBJ a multiyear contract due to the disappointing Gabe Davis season.

He has had two major injuries. He is also a bit of a diva/head case. I have no problem with the Bills signing him for this year only. I would pass if he wanted a multi-year deal. Let Beane improve the WR's core in the draft/FA. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, boyst said:

What's scary are the murmurs behind the scenes about the person Von is off camera and in the private life. Rumblings that he is a pretty absent and AWOL father, that he is a production and self manufactured ego machine. Etc 

This isn't uncommon for a man of his celebrity status.  I had a friend in LA that was a Paralegal for one of the top Law Firms.

There is one guy with a squeaky clean image that has 14 kids with 12 different women and they manage the child support....$300,000 a month!  But on TV, wife, kids, dog and great home....

Another friend of mine coached little league and a certain kid was on his team.  This kid's dad was a celebrity but the dad never comes around.  

My friend told me that at practice, this kid was telling the other players who his dad was.  They didn't believe him.  He gets on Facetime and shows everyone when his dad answers.  

I asked my friend if the dad ever came to practice or the games and he said never.  The mom said that the dad will call every few months for about 5 minutes and that's it.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

He has had two major injuries. He is also a bit of a diva/head case. I have no problem with the Bills signing him for this year only. I would pass if he wanted a multi-year deal. Let Beane improve the WR's core in the draft/FA. 

Multi-year deal doesn’t have to include a lot of guarantees. They can make it look bigger than it is but I could see a 2 year commitment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

It's scary because he is idolized as an amazing individual when he is just an extraordinary athlete. 

Not at all the case many of the times. People realize that these men are over celebrated for playing a sport. I'm far from a saint. Yesterday I went to the candy bowl and cherry picked the good stuff then Last night I ran a stop sign.

I KNEW it. You, sir, are an awful human being!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the bills are now prepared to offer OBJ a multiyear contract due to the disappointing Gabe Davis season.

I think this is more correct now imo. Davis hasn’t exactly taken the #2 role by storm this season. And to top it off, McKenzie, Crowder, and Shakir have also been disappointments. 

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think this is more correct now imo. Davis hasn’t exactly taken the #2 role by storm this season. And to top it off, McKenzie, Crowder, and Shakir have also been disappointments. 

All the WRs are exactly what they have shown in the past, Shakir excluded.

A huge roster and player evaluation failure by Brandon Beane’s staff. It is what it is. Allen and Diggs are doing it all themselves.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All the WRs are exactly what they have shown in the past, Shakir excluded.

A huge roster and player evaluation failure by Brandon Beane’s staff. It is what it is. Allen and Diggs are doing it all themselves.

I am not sure to throw anything in the way of Davis yet. He seems to have been impacted by the pressure possibly. He has major drop issues this season and in the past he’s had hands of gold.
McKenzie seems to be about what he has been previously. He’s a gadget player that works well when he’s the offenses 4th or lower option, or has specific plays scripted for him. But with defenses keying in him as a 3rd WR, he has been disappointing. 
Crowder never had a shot with him being injured. Could only imagine what he may have done if healthy. May never know. 
Shakir has had some good plays, but mostly plagued by dumb rookie mistakes. Josh hates rookies imo. He’s said it in the past that rookies make dumb mistakes. Until he earns Joshs trust, he’s going to continue to wait. Maybe year 2. 
Same for Cook, but instead of Josh, input McDermotts name into the argument. He at least seems to be having some success. But that might be because of how bad our running game is/has been. 

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

I am not sure to throw anything in the way of Davis yet. He seems to have been impacted by the pressure possibly. He has major drop issues this season and in the past he’s had hands of gold.
McKenzie seems to be about what he has been previously. He’s a gadget player that works well when he’s the offenses 4th or lower option, or has specific plays scripted for him. But with defenses keying in him as a 3rd WR, he has been disappointing. 
Crowder never had a shot with him being injured. Could only imagine what he may have done if healthy. May never know. 
Shakir has had some good plays, but mostly plagued by dumb rookie mistakes. Josh hates rookies imo. He’s said it in the past that rookies make dumb mistakes. Until he earns Joshs trust, he’s going to continue to wait. Maybe year 2. 
Same for Cook, but instead of Josh, input McDermotts name into the argument. He at least seems to be having some success. But that might be because of how bad our running game is/has been. 

It’s year 3 of Davis. Same guy he’s been. Crowder is always hurt, same guy. 

Davis has very little run after catch and contested catch ability. That’s not someone you want as a WR2. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

If for nothing else I hope the Bills sign him so the Cowboys don't get him. Which is silly I know lol.

All things considered though, the Bills have the best QB of the 3 teams by far. So if the money is right I don't see why we couldn't if we wanted him.

Dallas has the easier path to the Super Bowl. Their main competition is the Eagles and Niners and that's it. They just smoked the Vikings 40-3 and Tampa isn't really that good even with Brady. The Bills have a much tougher road in the better conference.

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Dallas has the easier path to the Super Bowl. Their main competition is the Eagles and Niners and that's it. They just smoked the Vikings 40-3 and Tampa isn't really that good even with Brady. The Bills have a much tougher road in the better conference.

Very true, but he has to ask himself is the goal to get to a super bowl or win one.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

I don’t really respect you - was just copying Miller’s stock phrase😀

Lol that's sort of cheap, tho. Then again, saying you don't respect someone makes ya wonder does that mean it is disrespectful? If you don't respect someone nor disrespect them then what is there?  Do you mysteriously 3rd option me? 

Edited by boyst
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, boyst said:

Lol that's sort of cheap, tho. Then again, saying you don't respect someone makes ya wonder does that mean it is disrespectful? If you don't respect someone nor disrespect them then what is there?  Do you mysteriously 3rd option me? 

IMO he has to respect or disrespect you. The 3rd option is to treat you like an inanimate object, like a trash can, no one cares if it's there the next day, zero emotion towards it.

Since he replied to you the 3rd option is out.

Just my take 😆 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

IMO he has to respect or disrespect you. The 3rd option is to treat you like an inanimate object, like a trash can, no one cares if it's there the next day, zero emotion towards it.

Since he replied to you the 3rd option is out.

Just my take 😆 

So, @Momma Pecoraro am I just trash to you? Wow, just wow right before Christmas.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.