All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

I think the fact that the Bills signed John Brown, when they already have a full set of healthy WRs, is a pretty good clue they know they're not going to sign OBJ.  

On one hand I think OBJ would bring more talent and possibly a win in a game we'd otherwise lose.  Maybe, maybe not.  But he'd be super expensive against the salary cap and would probably cost the Bills one of the key defensive players now coming up for contracts, which would hurt more for years to come.  If the Bills were really hot and were looking deficient at WR, then OK try to get OBJ.  But the Bills are not hitting on all cylinders and it's unlikely OBJ will make enough of a difference to overcome the struggles since the bye week.  OTOH Smoke could be here today and for the next few weeks, and then be gone, without any lingering financial hit.

Um what?   We have 3 WR's that are fully healthy.  Diggs, Davis, McKenzie.

Shakir has been ill / is never used (no idea why)

Crowder, Kumerow, Stevenson injured

Gentry would have to be signed to the 53 to play again. 

Hodgins being released was foolish. 

Brown should contribute immediately.  Sign OBJ if you can. 

Diggs

OBJ
Davis

Brown

McKenzie

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, babulator said:

For what it's worth, It irks me when people hold up a flight because of their self importance, or lack of respect for others.

Don't be THAT guy. -1 OBJ.

It seems more like the flight attendant was that guy.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Bruce’s best move was falling asleep at a traffic light.

Sleep apnea he said. :lol:

Fairly common problem for drunk drivers.  I had an uncle do the same thing.   He lived two blocks behind the bar and couldn't stay awake thru the 2 stop signs.  Cops pulled his car aside and took him home and dumped him on his couch.   Next morning he called me in a panic because he thought somebody stole his car. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fairly common problem for drunk drivers.  I had an uncle do the same thing.   He lived two blocks behind the bar and couldn't stay awake thru the 2 stop signs.  Cops pulled his car aside and took him home and dumped him on his couch.   Next morning he called me in a panic because he thought somebody stole his car. 

I mean these are funny stories but it's a disgrace he decided to drive drunk putting other people's lives at risk.  Not cool at all and hopefully someone in the family had the balls to tell him in some strong words at some point. Seems from the way you tell the story it was a pretty common thing for him?

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Your obession with this player is creepy and weird. Especially after all his primadonna antics. He is a cancer. The Bills won't sign him and I will be proven right again. Time for you to move on.

No, what would prove you right would be if no one signs him.  But strangely, two of his former teams want him back.  Why do these teams want this cancer back?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Your obession with this player is creepy and weird. Especially after all his primadonna antics. He is a cancer. The Bills won't sign him and I will be proven right again. Time for you to move on.

I have never heard the pot call the kettle black any harder in my life. 

The lack of self awareness is astounding. 

42 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Flight Crew most likely, responded appropriately. 

I’m not so sure; if you’ve taken some flights recently you’ll know what I mean. I know airlines are struggling for crew right now, but the quality of these crews has dropped precipitously in the past few years. I’d say there’s a good chance an overzealous flight attendant exacerbated the situation. 

13 hours ago, Utah John said:

I think the fact that the Bills signed John Brown, when they already have a full set of healthy WRs, is a pretty good clue they know they're not going to sign OBJ.  

On one hand I think OBJ would bring more talent and possibly a win in a game we'd otherwise lose.  Maybe, maybe not.  But he'd be super expensive against the salary cap and would probably cost the Bills one of the key defensive players now coming up for contracts, which would hurt more for years to come.  If the Bills were really hot and were looking deficient at WR, then OK try to get OBJ.  But the Bills are not hitting on all cylinders and it's unlikely OBJ will make enough of a difference to overcome the struggles since the bye week.  OTOH Smoke could be here today and for the next few weeks, and then be gone, without any lingering financial hit.

Full set of healthy WRs? We have 4 WRs….. one of them has the flu and hasn’t practiced 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ahh, the ole drunk uncle. Everyone has at least one of those. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

Because they are bros and only care about his skill on the field. But there is no guarantee he will be any good at his age coming off his knee injury. He is a cancer off the field and does not reflect the "trust the process" mantra of McBeane.

The teams are bros?  Wouldn't it make more sense that the Giants and Rams don't want him back if he's a cancer?  You're basically saying that the Giants want this cancer back in the middle of a playoff run.  Cowboys want him too who are in the middle of a playoff run.  Why do they want to ruin their season by putting a cancer on a team?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The quality of 'The Passenger' has plummeted. Domestic Flights, are the new 'Greyhound Bus', and too frequently, a free for all.

If someone is unresponsive, and a possible danger to the flight, protocols are followed, in dealing with such an individual.

The quality of the passenger has definitely declined , though worse on some airlines than others. Still , I’m going to venture a guess that OBJ doesn’t fit the profile of one of these types of passengers. He’s probably just trying to chill and tune out the noise. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The quality of 'The Passenger' has plummeted. Domestic Flights, are the new 'Greyhound Bus', and too frequently, a free for all.

If someone is unresponsive, and a possible danger to the flight, protocols are followed, in dealing with such an individual.

Except they've kept a very premium pricetag.  

Don't get me wrong though, I agree with your premise, most people are awful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

My Wife, is a Flight Service Manager, for a major airline. (37 years) She flies International routes, and has not had to deal with problem passengers. (Yet, anyway) It seems to be mostly, a U.S. domestic flight issue. She works with flight attendants who do fly 'domestic', and has heard lots of stories. Flight Attendants are the Police of the Sky.  They have to maintain order, when things look like they may go out of control. Usually, this means 'cutting somebody off', who is on the verge of having too many 'Mini's', or denying boarding, if someone is obviously $h¡tfaced. As I previously mentioned, there are protocols to be followed, and reports written, regarding any passenger confrontation.. If a passenger does not cooperate, with a flight attendant request, things can go downhill, in a hurry. I would be surprised, if there isn't any video of the OBJ incident.

Friend of mine made national news not long after 9/11 when a passenger tried to open a door mid flight in a freak out.

She punched the woman in the face, broke their nose and really roughed her up.

The best part was this was her first flight working and a small puddle jumper.

The stories they have insane. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

My Wife, is a Flight Service Manager, for a major airline. (37 years) She flies International routes, and has not had to deal with problem passengers. (Yet, anyway) It seems to be mostly, a U.S. domestic flight issue. She works with flight attendants who do fly 'domestic', and has heard lots of stories. Flight Attendants are the Police of the Sky.  They have to maintain order, when things look like they may go out of control. Usually, this means 'cutting somebody off', who is on the verge of having too many 'Mini's', or denying boarding, if someone is obviously $h¡tfaced. As I previously mentioned, there are protocols to be followed, and reports written, regarding any passenger confrontation.. If a passenger does not cooperate, with a flight attendant request, things can go downhill, in a hurry. I would be surprised, if there isn't any video of the OBJ incident.

I fly international every 3 months or so, and those flights are by far the smoothest operationally with few problems. Likely due to passengers going on vacation and having a lot more invested than they would just for a ride home from seeing family etc. The crews tend to be higher in seniority and have a lot of experience to draw on if an issue should arise. Domestic flights are definitely a different animal and it shows. As for video it would be surprising if none exists of this incident and it’s odd that it hasn’t surfaced already. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.