All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

There's a lot of naive comments in this thread. The guy was clearly on drugs or intoxicated. Witnesses said they were physically smacking his face trying to get him to stay alert. If you think this has anything to do with power then you have never owned a business or worked with the public. If someone is slipping in and out of consciousness then there is a very good chance they may need medical attention and if you don't try and help them then you are being neglectful. The guy was partying in Miami and was probably drunk out of his mind, it's pretty obvious 

As someone who has been there in the past, my guess is he was hungover/exhausted and then took something extra to sleep through the flight like a benzo or some THC gummies (I'm in California) or something.  I had a pretty intense fear of flying for many years (no longer, thankfully) and I would often take something when boarding the plane for a cross-country flight that I knew would flat out knock me out for 3-4 hours.  If the plane were sitting on the runway for 2 hours, decent chance I'd be out cold or disoriented if a flight attendant tried to get my attention 2 hours later.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Airlines have gotten crazy with their abuse of power in situations like this. Have read many accounts of similar things happening where their first move was to just kick the person off the plane and call the police. It's ridiculous.

Airline employees are currently being overworked because airlines aren't hiring/getting back to pre-pandemic levels just to make a buck more causing many of the employees to be testy in certain situations. Sad, but true

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

As someone who has been there in the past, my guess is he was hungover/exhausted and then took something extra to sleep through the flight like a benzo or some THC gummies (I'm in California) or something.  I had a pretty intense fear of flying for many years (no longer, thankfully) and I would often take something when boarding the plane for a cross-country flight that I knew would knock flat out knock me out for 3-4 hours.  If the plane were sitting on the runway for 2 hours, decent chance I'd be out cold or disoriented if a flight attendant tried to get my attention 2 hours later.

And that is a very likely explanation. What is not likely is how the lawyer summarized it. They kicked him off the plane for no reason because the flight attendant was on a power trip? Uhhh riiiiiight

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

As someone who has been there in the past, my guess is he was hungover/exhausted and then took something extra to sleep through the flight like a benzo or some THC gummies (I'm in California) or something.  I had a pretty intense fear of flying for many years (no longer, thankfully) and I would often take something when boarding the plane for a cross-country flight that I knew would flat out knock me out for 3-4 hours.  If the plane were sitting on the runway for 2 hours, decent chance I'd be out cold or disoriented if a flight attendant tried to get my attention 2 hours later.

I don't *HATE* flying anymore, but I don't like it either.  My usual move is to stay up all night prior to the day of the flight and then pass out on the flight. If it goes down, I will be sleeping.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

And that is a very likely explanation. What is not likely is how the lawyer summarized it. They kicked him off the plane for no reason because the flight attendant was on a power trip? Uhhh riiiiiight

I generally agree, but it could also be somewhere in the middle.  Hard to say.  But I definitely agree with what you said earlier, if it appears that it could be a medical emergency, the flight crew definitely needs to actively deal with it.  It sounds like that was what they were trying to do initially.  Now, once he was awake and cogent, it becomes an issue of how could they have dealt with the situation to ensure his safety and the safety of the other passengers, while also trying to preserve the dignity of the guy in that moment.  Maybe they did everything by the book?  Maybe he was a complete ass once he was awake?  Who knows.  Overall though, this is much ado about nothing, imo. 

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Because he thinks he will help the team win games. But he is not in charge of signing him. If he was THAT good, don't you think the Bills wouldve signed him by now? He is a cancer and a huge liability given how he acts on and off the field with his antics. Thanks

He's not gonna do you, bro.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Because he thinks he will help the team win games. But he is not in charge of signing him. If he was THAT good, don't you think the Bills wouldve signed him by now? He is a cancer and a huge liability given how he acts on and off the field with his antics. Thanks

How does a cancer help win games?  It doesn't matter if he's not the one in charge of signing him.  Your whole "bad teammate" schtick is just stupid because we currently have a player who has played with him and wants him on our team.  You have it in your head for whatever reason that Von Miller wants a bad teammate and a cancer in this lockerroom.  

Your evidence is a blog from cheeseheadtv.com.  I'm going to tell you a story.  My son showed me a blog about why baseball is really America's sport.  He was questioning it because he thinks football is more loved than baseball.  I had to explain him what an opinion piece is and anyone can just write anything on the internet.  It doesn't mean it's true, it's what this person believes themselves.  Some people write things that are bad opinions too...don't just believe everything you read on the internet.  Look at the TV ratings...you'll see what America's real sport is.

Here's the thing...he's 7.  What's your excuse?

OBJ has multiple teams going after him.  Multiple players on multiple teams on social media going public about wanting him to come there.  They don't do that for cancers and culture ruiners.  You know who was a cancer and bad teammate?  Earl Thomas.  All Pro safety and once he was cut after one year with the Ravens, no one picked him up again.  He was a 3 time All Pro 1st Team safety, 2x Second Team All Pro and NFL All Decade Team 2010.  No one picked him up because he was a cancer and culture ruiner.  Yet, OBJ has multiple teams trying to court him.  The Giants, who once had him in the organization are going after him too!  That's just teams he's interested in, he could probably sign with any team in the NFL except the Browns.  Two of his former teams, Giants and Rams want him back...quit being so incredibly thick headed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How does a cancer help win games?  It doesn't matter if he's not the one in charge of signing him.  Your whole "bad teammate" schtick is just stupid because we currently have a player who has played with him and wants him on our team.  You have it in your head for whatever reason that Von Miller wants a bad teammate and a cancer in this lockerroom.  

Your evidence is a blog from cheeseheadtv.com.  I'm going to tell you a story.  My son showed me a blog about why baseball is really America's sport.  He was questioning it because he thinks football is more loved than baseball.  I had to explain him what an opinion piece is and anyone can just write anything on the internet.  It doesn't mean it's true, it's what this person believes themselves.  Some people write things that are bad opinions too...don't just believe everything you read on the internet.  Look at the TV ratings...you'll see what America's real sport is.

Here's the thing...he's 7.  What's your excuse?

OBJ has multiple teams going after him.  Multiple players on multiple teams on social media going public about wanting him to come there.  They don't do that for cancers and culture ruiners.  You know who was a cancer and bad teammate?  Earl Thomas.  All Pro safety and once he was cut after one year with the Ravens, no one picked him up again.  He was a 3 time All Pro 1st Team safety, 2x Second Team All Pro and NFL All Decade Team 2010.  No one picked him up because he was a cancer and culture ruiner.  Yet, OBJ has multiple teams trying to court him.  The Giants, who once had him in the organization are going after him too!  That's just teams he's interested in, he could probably sign with any team in the NFL except the Browns.  Two of his former teams, Giants and Rams want him back...quit being so incredibly thick headed.

It's hilarious you received an immediate "thumbs down" from Family Guy man 

• Dislike 1

It blows my mind why people sweat this guy. Drama follows him constantly. And it’s never his fault! He’s just misunderstood.

I get if for a few months but I would never give him multi years. Also, who even knows what type of player he is at this point either. Wish we could have found a way to get Elijah Moore. That would have been a great pick up. OBJ is like a supermodel in their late 30s. Still hot but not quite the same dating her. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It blows my mind why people sweat this guy. Drama follows him constantly. And it’s never his fault! He’s just misunderstood.

I get if for a few months but I would never give him multi years. Also, who even knows what type of player he is at this point either. Wish we could have found a way to get Elijah Moore. That would have been a great pick up. OBJ is like a supermodel in their late 30s. Still hot but not quite the same dating her. 

I would have LOVED to land Elijah Moore

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/27/2022 at 5:30 PM, FLFan said:

Nice theory, just does not happen to be true. While fan perceptions are certainly otherwise, the Bills offense has ranked one or two in the NFL all year, in points and yards.  Some good information can be found here:  https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

Cool site, has us 4th, which is cool... but our identity is around scoring a ton of points and KEEPING THE CHAINS MOVING... which, we are not doing, and we especially need with as many scabs as we have playing right now.

On 11/27/2022 at 6:20 PM, DrPJax said:

Who were all the d bags on the 90 bills?   Maybe some egos, but I don’t recall many having that type of reputation , unless you bothered them in public perhaps.  I mean HOF inductees,  KELLY ( a little caustic) . Thurman , Bruce ( a big ego but hardly a d bag rep) , Reed ( still great guy), Bebee? , Lofton ( met him here in Jax for eagles / pats SB, good guy) , Marv? , Talley ? , Bennett ( met him at at

Atlanta airport AFTER the  SB LOSS TO COWBOYS as we were boarding at same terminal as he was headed to pro bowl. Treated me well but maybe some other off field issues after his career?) ).   But considering 4 years of SB’s and all the autograph hounds bugging them , other than Kelly being a little short tempered , you didn’t hear about them being dragged off a plane losing consciousness, leaving teams, passing out money in a college locker room at LSU, and that’s only a small sample for him.   Plus the Bills didn’t jump from team to team only playing fir “ contenders”.  Those are just off the top of my head and I’m sure there is more. 

Just my opinion tho , maybe you knew them better personally?   Jamie mueller became a pharmaceutical rep and took a pic of the 63 bills I had hanging in my office and got it autographed by one of  the players for me. I have met a few pros over tye years (( best story was on a pjane going to SB 27 in pssedena , MEAN JOE GREEN, came up to my then gf , who looked like a young Hilary Clinton but with a much better body ,😊, and asked her for her autograph on a time mag with Clinton on the cover ! He was extremely polite!
     My experience is if you don’t bug them in their personal time, most are good guys.  I know every team has one or two guys with issues , but I don’t think the Bills “ WERE LOADED” with bad characters; maybe ask Frank reich or Tasker?  Lol!  Horrible guys!   Not sure any of them has the egomaniacal rep OBJ seems to have outside the locker room. Personally I am glad he won’t be on the roster as he has not  been a part or contributed to the team chemistry or gone thre adversity with them. Just a mercenary who continues to be in the headlines usually for BS!, and only is seeking a ring , not to really be part of a team or he would still be with the Rams. 

Obj has done nothing malicious, like any of the Bills you listed, just has a diva reputation which effects nothing in the locker room. Only thing it effects is dorks watching espn, reading a non-story divisive headline.

Kelly, Bruce, Bennett have all been well covered. Andre (my fav of all time) has a reputation of being a jerk at times. I take it with a grain of salt, dumb ppl walking up to their table eating stuff happens. But there's enough smoke there.

Point is exactly what you said basically. Bills had a few flawed character guys back then, in 2022 they'd make more headlines than this current Bills team, but overall enough good dudes to wash it out.

Buffalo isn't going to crumple because ODB did lines with a model 4 years ago, or eagerly wanted out of Cleveland.

Nothings changed, kicked off a flight? Dude Flys all the time and had a bad attitude or was drunk. Giant nothing burger, and it'd be stupid to blacklist a talent we need over it.

• Agree 1

On 11/27/2022 at 4:22 PM, Bandito said:

This is amazing. I got ridiculed for saying he is a primadonna and would not fit the culture. Looks like the chickens have come home to roost. 

The ball don't lie. 

My similar opinion was also deflected.

On 11/27/2022 at 7:26 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Kelly was sued for physically assaulting a couple women when he was drunk in 1987.........he left a pile of unpaid bills when his restaurant closed despite having the means to resolve them.........and there were less substantiated stories that were uglier.  JK was never considered a great guy until long after his playing career.

Bruce Smith had driving under the influence issues and the Bills at one time had a PI investigating his connection to local drug dealers and he was subsequently suspended for failing multiple drug tests.

Cornelius Bennett?   He literally served time for sexual assault.  (how could you not have heard that, at least?:doh:)

Not sure where you got the idea that these guys didn't have reputations for significantly worse misbehavior than getting kicked off a plane after taking some xanax. :rolleyes:

Bruce’s best move was falling asleep at a traffic light.

IMHO:

All you need to know, "The Miami-Dade Police Department said Sunday officers were dispatched".

Corruption runs rampant there.

If you lived through the last 3 years, you understand these "over officious jerks", as Levy would say.  Especially the ones who work on planes.

From article:

“Never in my life have I experienced what just happened to me… I’ve seen it all. Never. In. My. Life. I COULD NEVER MAKE THIS UP,” Beckham wrote on Twitter.

Davilier concluded in his statement Sunday that “sleeping on a plane should not be a cause for removal from a flight.”

“If they could wake him up when the flight returned to the gate, then they could have done the same thing to ask him to put on his seatbelt,” Davilier’s message read.

I think this is a massive nothing burger, the airline should apologize.

---

https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/odell-beckham-jr-s-attorney-gives-receivers-side-of-plane-drama/

• Like (+1) 1

I think the fact that the Bills signed John Brown, when they already have a full set of healthy WRs, is a pretty good clue they know they're not going to sign OBJ.  

On one hand I think OBJ would bring more talent and possibly a win in a game we'd otherwise lose.  Maybe, maybe not.  But he'd be super expensive against the salary cap and would probably cost the Bills one of the key defensive players now coming up for contracts, which would hurt more for years to come.  If the Bills were really hot and were looking deficient at WR, then OK try to get OBJ.  But the Bills are not hitting on all cylinders and it's unlikely OBJ will make enough of a difference to overcome the struggles since the bye week.  OTOH Smoke could be here today and for the next few weeks, and then be gone, without any lingering financial hit.

Edited by Utah John

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.