All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

9 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I know about most of those things buddy.  But that doesn’t mean the team  was “ loaded “ with bad people as the poster stated.  Obj certainly has a history of drama that follows him and there is a reason he doesn’t stick with teams despite the claims “ teammates like him”.    

I wasn’t posting primarily to comment on obj , tho I am not a fan.  I was just saying IMO the 90’s Bills was not loaded with bad people. Kelly was an ass and I knew that just from interacting with him myself. He was caustic but I am only talking about things I personally know. Being caustic is not breaking the law , being removed from a plane suggests illegal behavior and how do you know it was Xanax and prescribed for him?  I have taken and prescribed Xanax and it’s not hard to arouse someone who has taken a prescribed, appropriate dose so something else ( like mixing things is very likely). Time will tell. 

Regarding Kelly he also did tons  for Hunters hope and you just want to forget the good!?  Almost every person has done things they wish they shouldn’t have esp when young. Bruce is a model Person now as is KElly.by most accounts.  So yes Smith got a dui , but does that make him terrible from that point on, and did that mean the team was loaded with bad guys ?    I didn’t know about drug stuff but how would I?   DOES THAT MEAN A LARGE AMOUNT OF THE TEAM was involved?  Was he convicted , was it proven  or are you just talking about allegations.?   I’m not aware he was convicted so I won’t question his character just based on an investigation or allegation.

What about talking about guys like Frank, Kelso, Tasker, Hull, Marv Bebee ? Noticed you chise only examples of a few guys who made mistakes.  Again doesn’t seem like the team was” loaded “ with bad people. Marv was the leader and I would say every bit as good as mc d is now from a character standpoint. 

All I was commenting on is controversy continues all the time with obj , and this is another incident even as he is job hunting! Hey I don’t care if he took Xanax , LEGALLY and  LEGALLY has a script for it !  The truth is usually somewhere in the middle and I am sure it’s possible the airline over reacted as well.  To say the 90’s Bills team was “ loaded” with bad guys is hyperbole unless you or the OP have articles on the majority of the players backing that up ,  not stories or anecdotes about a few of them. So ifBennett , Kelley ,, Bruce did those things , is that the majority of that team and does that mean the 90’s Bills were loaded with terrible guys?  

If they were so terrible , why would you follow them. I know this if Watson was  acquired by the Bills to replace Josh , I would be done with the Bills despite following them since 63.  .   I wouldn’t give them up because of OBJ , but I would not cheer or enjoy watching him play. Just my opinions and I chose not to ignore the many good guys on those 90’s teams. The OP apparently did.  Best wishes  Badolbilz, I have almost always enjoyed your post over all,these years.  😊👍

I think the larger point here is that you can absolutely have a bunch who behave badly off the field.........even big stars.......mixed with a bunch that are choir boys and still have a winning locker room.   Case in point........I doubt Josh Allen's GF would be cool with JA living like Diggs juggling multiple GF's(putting them up in different rooms in the same hotel LOL) and having kids with baby mama's.  Yet JA and Diggs are tight.   Different strokes.  It was like that with Reich and Kelly.   Reich wasn't ever going to go to one of JK's parties or grab dinner and drinks.......but they were tight in the locker room and good with having breakfast/lunch together.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

I have never been an OBJ guy, and at the beginning of the year when there was chatter about this, I was steadfast against it.

But as this season has gone on...with the injuries we have sustained, and with the lack of a true slot/third receiver that we can depend on (sorry, McKenzie), I am now more open to it. 

OBJ always has something going on, so the plane thing is just part of what you expect when you sign this guy...not a deal breaker to me at this point. What I do believe he wants is to go where the best deal is, and that will likely be Dallas where he will pay significantly less taxes, and where they might guarantee more.

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

I have never been an OBJ guy, and at the beginning of the year when there was chatter about this, I was steadfast against it.

But as this season has gone on...with the injuries we have sustained, and with the lack of a true slot/third receiver that we can depend on (sorry, McKenzie), I am now more open to it. 

OBJ always has something going on, so the plane thing is just part of what you expect when you sign this guy...not a deal breaker to me at this point. What I do believe he wants is to go where the best deal is, and that will likely be Dallas where he will pay significantly less taxes, and where they might guarantee more.

I would also like the Bills to sign OBJ but for this year only. Wouldn't want him here on a multi-year deal. I think he will get a better offer somewhere else. The latest "rumors" I have seen have him going to either the Cowboys or Giants.

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

Okay. It sure sounds like he was just asleep. Did he cooperate once he woke up, or became conscious? Yes. I do think it was an over-reaction.

So where to now?

1. Price-wise, you know it will make no difference to Jerry Jones--might even get him a bonus for driving off the other suitors. But the Cowboys are a mirage. And who really trusts Dak Prescott?
  2. There is no reason to consider the Giants, why would he want to go back there? And anyone paying attention can see their season is about to go downhill fast.
  3. Leaving, our Buffalo Bills. If the Von connection is strong, and OBJ is really wanting to clear his name, what better place and better culture to do that? Come, be productive, be a model citizen, play with the best QB in the league, etc. ..... And for the Bills, this little incident may bring the price down a bit?

From a a truly home fanboy perspective, yes! OBJ, come to Buffalo. It's your best opportunity, and it's the place you where you can make the biggest difference.

Best opportunity to play with an elite qb-

not the best opportunity to get paid

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Yeah if it comes down to 2023 and beyond money I'd be shocked if the Bills ponied up even close to the guarantees that Dallas or even the cap strapped Giants could.

What we don't know is whether anyone is ACTUALLY willing to give him any kind of multi-year commitment without seeing him play.

That's just what has been floated out there by his people.

This isn't the NBA......when teams think you are an injury risk in the NFL.........the money typically is not there.

Which is the only reason I still think the Bills are in play.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

maybe the guy took a sleeping pill and was knocked Out. It must have been a very strong dose if dude doesnt awaken with flight crews demanding he act in any sorta way.

They themselves have had to put up with passengers who are abusive and non compliance with them is a no no.

Who sleeps THAT hard without drugs right? On an airplane?  *shrugs*

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Airlines have gotten crazy with their abuse of power in situations like this. Have read many accounts of similar things happening where their first move was to just kick the person off the plane and call the police. It's ridiculous.

We will see how the facts develop in this case, but, speaking frankly, I have NOT heard/read of many situations where the first reaction is for the steward/stewardess is to kick the person off the plane.  Almost always when I read an article about this kind of situation I see that the person kicked off the plane was not responding to the steward/stewardess, drunk, acting belligerent, etc.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to be on a plane in the air and have someone who is acting belligerent on board. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

a witness who was on the flight said he was "unresponsive and unruly" whatever that means / if they're no agendas 

I mean if he was sleeping that isn't too surprising he was unresponsive...and if they then tried to kick me off the plane and wouldn't let me simply buckle the seatbelt, I would probably be unruly also.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean if he was sleeping that isn't too surprising he was unresponsive...and if they then tried to kick me off the plane and wouldn't let me simply buckle the seatbelt, I would probably be unruly also.

What are the chances of the attorney's story being true when witnesses are starting to say otherwise?  Yeah, factor in agendas and whatnot, but when have you been on a flight where the passenger is acting politely and asked to leave the plane?

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Bandito said:

1000000 times this. People defending ODELL are insufferable and deserve to be owned on this thread for claiming he was a perfect citizen and thus OBD must sign him!! This is a serious offense on his end if true. ME ME ME. That is all that guy ever cared about.

Do not care.

Players around the league say he's a great teammate.  That matters more to  me than off the field attention seeking and any weird plane issues. 

I'm all in on offering him a multi-year deal to give Josh Allen a legit #2 WR. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Bandito said:

Good for them and for you, if it makes you feel better. But his actions show other wise. Very bad person and culture ruiner. And why would anyone in the league who's played with him trash him? That makes no sense. Of course they are going to sing his praises. Good riddance. He won't be a Bill. Sorry to disappoint

What is your obsession with trashing the man?  You do NOT know him personally. 
Why are multiple players on the Cowboys Giants and Bills openly telling him to join their team?  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Good for them and for you, if it makes you feel better. But his actions show other wise. Very bad person and culture ruiner. And why would anyone in the league who's played with him trash him? That makes no sense. Of course they are going to sing his praises. Good riddance. He won't be a Bill. Sorry to disappoint

His time with the Rams suggests otherwise. You know...in the place where any of this actually matters. In an NFL Locker room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

There's a lot of naive comments in this thread. The guy was clearly on drugs or intoxicated. Witnesses said they were physically smacking his face trying to get him to stay alert. If you think this has anything to do with power then you have never owned a business or worked with the public. If someone is slipping in and out of consciousness then there is a very good chance they may need medical attention and if you don't try and help them then you are being neglectful. The guy was partying in Miami and was probably drunk out of his mind, it's pretty obvious 

• Agree 3

Just now, Bandito said:

He is a primadonna who is not a good person. People on here called me out for saying that. I gave numerous reasons why. And now this happens. He isn't worth the headache. Why are you okay with him acting afool?

so because he has a personality that you don't approve of...he is therefore a bad person? Is that how this works?

I don't know how he acted. I wasn't there. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Yep.  He definitely ruined the Rams culture last year and why they didn't win the Super Bowl.  I knew once McVay brought him to LA, it would ruin their season.

Why does Von Miller want a culture ruiner on the Bills? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

There's a lot of naive comments in this thread. The guy was clearly on drugs or intoxicated. Witnesses said they were physically smacking his face trying to get him to stay alert. If you think this has anything to do with power then you have never owned a business or worked with the public. If someone is slipping in and out of consciousness then there is a very good chance they may need medical attention and if you don't try and help them then you are being neglectful. The guy was partying in Miami and was probably drunk out of his mind, it's pretty obvious 

It's possible, but he looks quite sober in the video clip. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.