All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Who were all the d bags on the 90 bills?   Maybe some egos, but I don’t recall many having that type of reputation , unless you bothered them in public perhaps.  

Kelly was sued for physically assaulting a couple women when he was drunk in 1987.........he left a pile of unpaid bills when his restaurant closed despite having the means to resolve them.........and there were less substantiated stories that were uglier.  JK was never considered a great guy until long after his playing career.

Bruce Smith had driving under the influence issues and the Bills at one time had a PI investigating his connection to local drug dealers and he was subsequently suspended for failing multiple drug tests.

Cornelius Bennett?   He literally served time for sexual assault.  (how could you not have heard that, at least?:doh:)

Not sure where you got the idea that these guys didn't have reputations for significantly worse misbehavior than getting kicked off a plane after taking some xanax. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Kelly was sued for physically assaulting a couple women when he was drunk in 1987.........he left a pile of unpaid bills when his restaurant closed despite having the means to resolve them.........and there were less substantiated stories that were uglier.  JK was never considered a great guy until long after his playing career.

Bruce Smith had driving under the influence issues and the Bills at one time had a PI investigating his connection to local drug dealers and he was subsequently suspended for failing multiple drug tests.

Cornelius Bennett?   He literally served time for sexual assault.  (how could you not have heard that, at least?:doh:)

Not sure where you got the idea that these guys didn't have reputations for significantly worse misbehavior than getting kicked off a plane after taking some xanax. :rolleyes:

Those bad old Bills. :(

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Those bad old Bills. :(

Exactly.  :lol:

It's insane that someone who claims to remember those teams can't remember what a cluster*ck their stars often were off the field........and sometimes on it.......like the Bickering Bills of 1989.    Then they signed Reggie Rogers after he got out of prison for killing someone driving drunk?    Was DrPJax being serious implying that the Bills weren't loaded with diva's and troublemakers?     Later Butler pursued psycho's Lawrence Phillips and Wayne Simmons.   ANY notion that the 90's Bills were a class act in a league full of teams that accepted bad behavior is wrong.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Exactly.  :lol:

It's insane that someone who claims to remember those teams can't remember what a cluster*ck their stars often were off the field........and sometimes on it.......like the Bickering Bills of 1989.    Then they signed Reggie Rogers after he got out of prison for killing someone driving drunk?    Was DrPJax being serious implying that the Bills weren't loaded with diva's and troublemakers?     Later Butler pursued psycho's Lawrence Phillips and Wayne Simmons.   ANY notion that the 90's Bills were a class act in a league full of teams that accepted bad behavior is wrong.

Yeah, I forgot about Big Money Simmons, may he RIP.

41324758_134842670391.jpg

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know about most of those things buddy.  But that doesn’t mean the team  was “ loaded “ with bad people as the poster stated.  Obj certainly has a history of drama that follows him and there is a reason he doesn’t stick with teams despite the claims “ teammates like him”.    

I wasn’t posting primarily to comment on obj , tho I am not a fan.  I was just saying IMO the 90’s Bills was not loaded with bad people. Kelly was an ass and I knew that just from interacting with him myself. He was caustic but I am only talking about things I personally know. Being caustic is not breaking the law , being removed from a plane suggests illegal behavior and how do you know it was Xanax and prescribed for him?  I have taken and prescribed Xanax and it’s not hard to arouse someone who has taken a prescribed, appropriate dose so something else ( like mixing things is very likely). Time will tell. 

Regarding Kelly he also did tons  for Hunters hope and you just want to forget the good!?  Almost every person has done things they wish they shouldn’t have esp when young. Bruce is a model Person now as is KElly.by most accounts.  So yes Smith got a dui , but does that make him terrible from that point on, and did that mean the team was loaded with bad guys ?    I didn’t know about drug stuff but how would I?   DOES THAT MEAN A LARGE AMOUNT OF THE TEAM was involved?  Was he convicted , was it proven  or are you just talking about allegations.?   I’m not aware he was convicted so I won’t question his character just based on an investigation or allegation.

What about talking about guys like Frank, Kelso, Tasker, Hull, Marv Bebee ? Noticed you chise only examples of a few guys who made mistakes.  Again doesn’t seem like the team was” loaded “ with bad people. Marv was the leader and I would say every bit as good as mc d is now from a character standpoint. 

All I was commenting on is controversy continues all the time with obj , and this is another incident even as he is job hunting! Hey I don’t care if he took Xanax , LEGALLY and  LEGALLY has a script for it !  The truth is usually somewhere in the middle and I am sure it’s possible the airline over reacted as well.  To say the 90’s Bills team was “ loaded” with bad guys is hyperbole unless you or the OP have articles on the majority of the players backing that up ,  not stories or anecdotes about a few of them. So ifBennett , Kelley ,, Bruce did those things , is that the majority of that team and does that mean the 90’s Bills were loaded with terrible guys?  

If they were so terrible , why would you follow them. I know this if Watson was  acquired by the Bills to replace Josh , I would be done with the Bills despite following them since 63.  .   I wouldn’t give them up because of OBJ , but I would not cheer or enjoy watching him play. Just my opinions and I chose not to ignore the many good guys on those 90’s teams. The OP apparently did.  Best wishes  Badolbilz, I have almost always enjoyed your post over all,these years.  😊👍

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1

Okay. It sure sounds like he was just asleep. Did he cooperate once he woke up, or became conscious? Yes. I do think it was an over-reaction.

So where to now?

1. Price-wise, you know it will make no difference to Jerry Jones--might even get him a bonus for driving off the other suitors. But the Cowboys are a mirage. And who really trusts Dak Prescott?
  2. There is no reason to consider the Giants, why would he want to go back there? And anyone paying attention can see their season is about to go downhill fast.
  3. Leaving, our Buffalo Bills. If the Von connection is strong, and OBJ is really wanting to clear his name, what better place and better culture to do that? Come, be productive, be a model citizen, play with the best QB in the league, etc. ..... And for the Bills, this little incident may bring the price down a bit?

From a truly home fanboy perspective, yes! OBJ, come to Buffalo. It's your best opportunity, and it's the place where you can make the biggest difference.

Edited by CSBill
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Pretty sure the diva wideout met a diva flight attendant and the rest is history.  Not a good look but in the grand scheme of things not the worst thing the guy could have done.

Not doubt in my mind he was being a jerk for a few seconds and the flight attendant wasn't having any of his non sense.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Pretty sure the diva wideout met a diva flight attendant and the rest is history.  Not a good look but in the grand scheme of things not the worst thing the guy could have done.

Not doubt in my mind he was being a jerk for a few seconds and the flight attendant wasn't having any of his non sense.

The pilot doesn't return to the gate because of the actions of a "diva flight attendant".  

If you are "sleeping on a plane", they wake you up, say "sir, can you put on your seatbelt please?"....and that's it. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The pilot doesn't return to the gate because of the actions of a "diva flight attendant".  

If you are "sleeping on a plane", they wake you up, say "sir, can you put on your seatbelt please?"....and that's it. 

Understood.   Missed the part where they left the gate.   Ignorant on my part.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Okay. It sure sounds like he was just asleep. Did he cooperate once he woke up, or became conscious? Yes. I do think it was an over-reaction.

So where to now?

1. Price-wise, you know it will make no difference to Jerry Jones--might even get him a bonus for driving off the other suitors. But the Cowboys are a mirage. And who really trusts Dak Prescott?
  2. There is no reason to consider the Giants, why would he want to go back there? And anyone paying attention can see their season is about to go downhill fast.
  3. Leaving, our Buffalo Bills. If the Von connection is strong, and OBJ is really wanting to clear his name, what better place and better culture to do that? Come, be productive, be a model citizen, play with the best QB in the league, etc. ..... And for the Bills, this little incident may bring the price down a bit?

From a a truly home fanboy perspective, yes! OBJ, come to Buffalo. It's your best opportunity, and it's the place you where you can make the biggest difference.

Airlines have gotten crazy with their abuse of power in situations like this. Have read many accounts of similar things happening where their first move was to just kick the person off the plane and call the police. It's ridiculous.

• Agree 2

I had been on the "no thanks" to bringing in OBJ pretty much from the get go because I want to see Gabe Davis continue to develop and become that reliable #2 WR I know he's going to be but we're in this SB window right now and with the way injuries are happening I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Davis, OBJ and Diggs out there. Obviously he's getting the full court press so he might not even want to come here after Jerry Jones gets his gross hands all over him but I think after he talks with Diggs/Allen/Miller and others he'll be all about it imo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.