All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

What money ? 

If its worth doing they can make many moves and find it.  I wouldnt give the guy huge money or a super long contract, but they can give him something reasonable and slightly overpay compared to what a few other non dumb teams might offer.  OBJ would need to be able to produce this year though or it aint worth it IMO.

Edited by Scott7975

If he really was ready to go, I think he would have already signed, needs time to jump in and learn an O.  Gotta think there’s more of a possibility he won’t be ready till next year.   As much as I’d love to have him, if he’s not ready this year, it’s pointless.

I’d probably be willing to offer him a two year deal. 

We know Von is here next year, likely the following, but after that it’s year to year. 

Gives him his guy, especially if he’s going to be fighting through an injury the rest of the season.  

Even if he’s not the guy he used to be, he’s likely got enough talent to be accounted for and we can use him in the slot primarily if need be. 

We can play with contracts to free up money for OBJ and Edmunds next year.

Likely means Poyer is gone and we’re severely limited on money for solid vets like Phillips, Lawson & Quessenberry, along with a potential Singletary re-signing and/or Hines restructure.   To me, it’s worth it. 

Allows us to go heavy on OL in the draft.

Contract comes off the books when we need money for Oliver and/or Davis. 

If he’s looking for 3, with significant money… that gets tough.  If he stays healthy and is who he can be, he’s likely a steal at his price point, but if .. say .. 15M per after this season is the number .. that’s a lot to be in on a guy who has been seriously injured multiple times recently. 

Edited by SCBills

Free-agent wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has set his visit schedule, with his tour of potential landing spots beginning this week.

Beckham plans to visit the Giants on Thursday and Friday, sources informed of his plans say. After the weekend, Beckham will meet with with the Cowboys on Dec. 5. He'll also visit the Bills.

While there are additional teams that could be added to the mix, those visits are the only confirmed ones at this point, sources say.

For the Giants, a Beckham signing would represent an unlikely reunion with his first team (New York drafted Beckham in the first round of the 2014 draft). As for the Bills, Beckham and chief recruiter Von Miller have had a dialogue and the team is open to taking a look.

Then there is the Cowboys. Owner Jerry Jones told reporters after Dallas' 28-20 win over the Giants on Thursday that a visit is set.

"Odell could help us," Jones said. "I believe that right now. Now, we've got to make it fit and that's the challenge here."

Asked if Beckham is where he needs to be health-wise, Jones said, "I haven't gotten (to see) the benefit of his rehab work and where he is."

Where is he rehab-wise? One source with direct knowledge of his rehab said Beckham has been fully cleared from his ACL injury suffered in Super Bowl LVI. But that's not all of it.

Now it's about getting up to speed football-wise with football-type activity. And while he's been working hard, there is only so much Beckham can replicate without being on a team. That will take time.

But upon signing with a team, the expectation is that he'll be healthy enough to go.

The plan was to have all the rehab hurdles cleared by Thanksgiving, and he's hit that checkpoint. Now, it's about picking a team.

https://www.nfl.com/news/wr-odell-beckham-jr-to-start-his-visit-schedule-this-week-with-giants-then-cowbo

Edited by Scott7975

23 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I really don't care. A SB still feels awesome with a dbag on the team. 90s Bills were loaded with dbags, who cares. Unfortunately, I think it'll spook our FO.

Ridiculous that we will and did nothing to improve the offense

Yep. That terrible, awful, no good top five offense they have. They definitely didn't draft James Cook or Khalil Shakir...didn't sign Jamison Crowder, didn't trade for Nyheim Hines, none of that happened. 

But a 31 year old diva receiver coming off a shredded knee (second time on the same knee, yeah?) is gonna swing into action ten or twelve games into the season and just go off. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.