All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I'm sure it has been mentioned in this thread more than once but Tre tore his ACL last Thanksgiving.  OBJ tore his during the Super Bowl.  Are you going to sign the guy for the second half of the Super Bowl?  45 pages for this?  Seems kind of nutty.

Yeah there's a reason why he still hasn't signed anywhere and it really doesn't make sense at this point unless it's for a dirt cheap, low risk contract and sounds like OBJ is looking for the exact opposite of that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yeah there's a reason why he still hasn't signed anywhere and it really doesn't make sense at this point unless it's for a dirt cheap, low risk contract and sounds like OBJ is looking for the exact opposite of that.

Not really sure how Dallas is involved, given this sounds like a multi-year, legit money contract. 

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This just feels like the place he will end up. 

If Beane truly wants him, money talks. 
But I agree, he’ll end up in Dallas. 
And if that happens, so be it. As long as he doesn’t end up in Kansas City. That’s the one that scares me…

Chris Simms said on his podcast yesterday that he has heard several teams were shocked with what OBJ was asking for in terms of salary. Whichever team lands him will have to overpay him and probably give him more than just a one year deal. We might have to overpay even more than other teams if the report about him wanting to avoid cold weather is correct. Personally I would bite the bullet and just get it done. Beane has been ever so careful about preserving cap space and draft picks. The time is right to make a small sacrifice for the future to win now.

I think the tough piece for us could be the fact we have Tre locked up long term, and not to get into his situation in another thread, but we still have to see what he looks like when he comes back.  

We have Hyde under contract next year. What does he look like? 

Thats a lot of future uncertainty as we sit here today, thinking about offering a multi-year big dollar commitment to a guy coming off multiple major injuries. 

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Chris Godwin tore his ACL/MCL mid December and was back to practice in training camp. 

Everyone is different. 

OK. Now do Chase Young….

Based on the vibe of the Tre White thread, if you’re going to go the “everyone is different” route you should cite both. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

OK. Now do Chase Young….

Based on the vibe of the Tre White thread, if you’re going to go the “everyone is different” route you should cite both. 

What is there to cite exactly?  I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.