All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

If his intention is to sign short term, it’s not with Buffalo.  Josh’s injury may play in the decision.

If it’s long term he wants, we have a good chance.  I don’t think he wants to do this every year at his age.  He’d rather sign long term in case something happens to him.

Smart team wouldn't sign him beyond this season.  That would be crazy.  Perhaps that's why he hasn't agreed to Buffalo. Jones is dumb enough to give him a multiyear deal.

54 minutes ago, zevo said:

I think the exact opposite 

Agreed!  The "opposite" position here makes no sense.

I think he is going to want a big deal that sees him to the end of his career in 1 place.

If he is dead set on that, it won't be in Buffalo.

It's Beane's (and Miller's, and White's) job to convince him to sneak in here for a few weeks on the cheap, grab another championship ring, and then look for the big deal somewhere else.

If they can pull that off, I think he's here no question.

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

He is going to Dallas who has more money to pay him.

Depends on what he wants! And we don't know what that is.

It's not going to be about pure money at this stage for him.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Prorated at about 5mil for the rest of this year... yeah that could happen.  Why not?  This team needs offensive talent not named Allen/Diggs.  Regardless of what people think about OBJ, the guy is more talented than any receiver not named Diggs on our roster.

Imagine having Diggs/Beckham/Davis/Knox/Hines on the field.  That is a lot tougher to cover than what we have now.  Its a lot tougher to just bracket Diggs and man Davis if OBJ is also on the field. Which is what teams are doing now.

Want to take more pressure off Allen and make our offense better this season for a run then this is the best and only move left the Bills have to make.  This team needs more offensive talent. It just does.

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Prorated at about 5mil for the rest of this year... yeah that could happen.  Why not?  This team needs offensive talent not named Allen/Diggs.  Regardless of what people think about OBJ, the guy is more talented than any receiver not named Diggs on our roster.

Imagine having Diggs/Beckham/Davis/Knox/Hines on the field.  That is a lot tougher to cover than what we have now.  Its a lot tougher to just bracket Diggs and man Davis if OBJ is also on the field. Which is what teams are doing now.

Especially if OBJ and Diggs are never on the same side of the field!

The D can't cheat a scheme around BOTH that way...they'll have to pick.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Want to take more pressure off Allen and make our offense better this season for a run then this is the best and only move left the Bills have to make.  This team needs more offensive talent. It just does.

It also says he wants a multi year deal, so yes 20m

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

It also says he wants a multi year deal, so yes 20m

Well Im sure he does but that doesnt mean he will get one. Its a tough sell to give a player a multi year deal of that price which would probably also be a hefty guarantee for a player coming off his second ACL injury.  We shall see what happens.  Somebody will sign him.  I personally hope its us.

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Smart team wouldn't sign him beyond this season.  That would be crazy.  Perhaps that's why he hasn't agreed to Buffalo. Jones is dumb enough to give him a multiyear deal.

Depends on the contract.   Beane won’t (can’t) sign him to a large guaranteed money contract, incentive laden if anything.  I’m sure obj would prefer financial security over 1 year contracts.

I think OBJ is dumb to want a multi year deal. He should go to the team where he can put up the best numbers in a prove it deal and then sign long term with someone next year. Why would someone give him a big contract for this year when the season will be 3/4 done by the time he sees the field?

I know there’s already a OBJ Thread opened, i’m sorry for this new one, but maybe it’s in a different point of view, so i ask the Mods to not merge it if possibile. Thank you.

Undoubtedly OBJ has talent, lot of… if healthy he’s elite no doubt. 

In the next 15 days he’ll sign his next contract and the Teams involved are: 

- Bills

- Giants

- Cowboys 

- Chiefs

- 49ers

My point is that signing a player like OBJ not only increase the quality and power of the offense, but give you the intangibles that only great players with great “ego” have. 

When you sign a player like OBJ you sign someone that teammates see like the ultimate piece to have a super team, that other teams see like the piece that can make that offense almost unstoppable, so the spirit go down. 

Signing OBJ would be huge, more huge now that we have a real chance to get the job done after years and years of major defeats and mediocrity. 

Please Beane, don’t miss this one, it’s our moment and we can’t let go this kind of opportunity. 

I couldn’t tolerate another Major Defeat (SB), or a minor one maybe against a Team where OBJ is playing. 

I WANT OBJ HERE !!!!!!! 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Vomit 1

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Depends on the contract.   Beane won’t (can’t) sign him to a large guaranteed money contract, incentive laden if anything.  I’m sure obj would prefer financial security over 1 year contracts.

the contract shouldn't be beyond this season.  The Rams gave him only a year (half a season)---and he was healthy at the time. Now he's banged up (yet again).

He accepted a single season contract last year.  He shouldn't expect a multi year deal when he's recovering from recurrent ACL tear.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.