All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

Sal C. was on gr-55 this afternoon.

He mentioned that Tre and OBJ both spent a year together at LSU and are good friends.

So Sal asked Tre if he has been trying to sell OBJ on the Bills.

Tre said if you could see his text message history, you would see that he has sent OBJ about 1,500 Bills Emojis over the last many months.

So that's Tre and Von working on him!

Keep your fingers crossed; would love to see this guy show up.

BTW:  Sal mentioned that Beane specifically addressed OBJ today.

He said if the Bills think he can help the team, they'd love to have him or something like that.

Beane woudln't say were are going after him, nor deny that we are.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I come to this thread to get angry at how much of a teenage girl ODB is and how completely overvalued he is. 

And when miss princess OBJ doesn't get his way daddy tweets mean things to get him cut because he doesn't have scrote to back himself up and just be a man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Here's an excerpt that an initiative being led by kittle and Cooper kupp

Gives us the upper hand against Giants, Rams probably some others.

I've seen some rumbling over the years about it bit seems like this is really catching steam among the players

Isn’t highmark turf? I don’t think we’ve ever had natural grass.

• Agree 1

Well, much like Odell's knee I'm torn on this.

On the one hand you can never have too many playmakers. If the knee is up to snuff than he makes the offense better. I have no qualms about his attitude because it seems like everyone not named Baker Mayfield that has played with him absolutely loves him. And Baker is a tool, so I'll discount his feelings square away. Actually, for me it's the opposite and I feel like he would fit in extremely well with the cast of characters we already have in the locker room.

On the negative side I feel like this roster that we have is good enough to compete for and win a Super Bowl already. Adding Odell would shift the focus to it being all him that put us over the top if we do win it all. Also, barring an injury to the WR room I just don't see where it makes sense to add him. If we do sign him...who gets the boot? Diggs and Davis are locks. With how many GMs reportedly liked Shakir I can't see Beane subjecting him to waivers and losing him for the future for a few games of OBJ. Kumerow is of value in multiple spots as is McKenzie as a slot/gadget/returner. Odell only plays WR, and not sure they want 3 WRs that only contribute to offense. 

My gut feeling is that unless there is another injury to the WR room they roll with what they have being that they added a potential playmaker at the trade deadline in Hines and Odell heads in another directinon. (My top 3 guesses are Minnesota, Philly and San Francisco in that order)

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, much like Odell's knee I'm torn...

I'm all out of faith, dis is how I feels...

And at this point, I'd be down for OBJ. He's a bit of a nutsack but if he can go a little bit and they can utilize him in certain ways then go for it. 

Someone tell Beane I am available to guard any rogue kicking nets from attacking OBJ. 

Edited by blacklabel

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, much like Odell's knee I'm torn on this.

On the one hand you can never have too many playmakers. If the knee is up to snuff than he makes the offense better. I have no qualms about his attitude because it seems like everyone not named Baker Mayfield that has played with him absolutely loves him. And Baker is a tool, so I'll discount his feelings square away. Actually, for me it's the opposite and I feel like he would fit in extremely well with the cast of characters we already have in the locker room.

On the negative side I feel like this roster that we have is good enough to compete for and win a Super Bowl already. Adding Odell would shift the focus to it being all him that put us over the top if we do win it all. Also, barring an injury to the WR room I just don't see where it makes sense to add him. If we do sign him...who gets the boot? Diggs and Davis are locks. With how many GMs reportedly liked Shakir I can't see Beane subjecting him to waivers and losing him for the future for a few games of OBJ. Kumerow is of value in multiple spots as is McKenzie as a slot/gadget/returner. Odell only plays WR, and not sure they want 3 WRs that only contribute to offense. 

My gut feeling is that unless there is another injury to the WR room they roll with what they have being that they added a potential playmaker at the trade deadline in Hines and Odell heads in another directinon. (My top 3 guesses are Minnesota, Philly and San Francisco in that order)

Fair points...but when he joined the Rams last year, he didn't seem to draw too much attention to himself.  He played his role and helped them get a ring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't know why this is even a topic at this point. I was big on the "ride the horse that brought you" train early in the season. But we have been so pass happy, but inconsistent in the slot I don't know why you wouldn't. 

The contract will likely be super cheap and for a couple of months. There is nothing to lose by doing it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The Bills have given Davis and McKenzie ample time to show we don't need OBJ.

-Davis, for what he is, is great..  One of the best big play WR's in the NFL.  He, however, has not shown the ability to be a reliable #2 in a pass heavy offense.

-McKenzie is what he is..  A speed gadget/slot.  He, however, has not shown the ability to be a reliable pure slot/#3 WR. 

-Outside of them we have a promising rookie in Shakir and a big body WR in Kumerow.  Both very well suited in their current roles as guys who round out the WR room.  

OBJ may or may not be what we hope he is... but it's worth the swing.  For those worried about chemistry, just remember that Beane talks to Josh about any big move he may make to get the temperature of the locker room.  So far, we've heard a ringing endorsement of OBJ from Allen, Von, Diggs and Tre... Not sure who else some of y'all need to hear from before this worry is assuaged. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I say if he's healthy, we get him.  If anything, it'll keep KC or Philly from potentially having him.

The fact that someone is going to add a guy of his talent "for free" (not giving anything up for him other than money) is ridiculous.  Total no brainer, if he is physically ready to go.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Bills have given Davis and McKenzie ample time to show we don't need OBJ.

-Davis, for what he is, is great..  One of the best big play WR's in the NFL.  He, however, has not shown the ability to be a reliable #2 in a pass heavy offense.

-McKenzie is what he is..  A speed gadget/slot.  He, however, has not shown the ability to be a reliable pure slot/#3 WR. 

-Outside of them we have a promising rookie in Shakir and a big body WR in Kumerow.  Both very well suited in their current roles as guys who round out the WR room.  

OBJ may or may not be what we hope he is... but it's worth the swing.  For those worried about chemistry, just remember that Beane talks to Josh about any big move he may make to get the temperature of the locker room.  So far, we've heard a ringing endorsement of OBJ from Allen, Von, Diggs and Tre... Not sure who else some of y'all need to hear from before this worry is assuaged. 

Well said.

I'm actually a little bit surprised that they didn't bring in a WR at the trade deadline. If it turns out there's a "wink and a nod" understanding between the Bills and OBJ and he winds up signing here, then I'll understand it more.

17 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sal C. was on gr-55 this afternoon.

He mentioned that Tre and OBJ both spent a year together at LSU and are good friends.

So Sal asked Tre if he has been trying to sell OBJ on the Bills.

Tre said if you could see his text message history, you would see that he has sent OBJ about 1,500 Bills Emojis over the last many months.

So that's Tre and Von working on him!

Keep your fingers crossed; would love to see this guy show up.

BTW:  Sal mentioned that Beane specifically addressed OBJ today.

He said if the Bills think he can help the team, they'd love to have him or something like that.

Beane woudln't say were are going after him, nor deny that we are.

Beane has said exactly the same thing regarding OBJ before, several times.  It is really up to OBJ at this point being able to demonstrate an ability to come back and play (and be productive) this year.  I think that is a long shot.

1 hour ago, Heels20X6 said:

Fair points...but when he joined the Rams last year, he didn't seem to draw too much attention to himself.  He played his role and helped them get a ring.

I agree and to my point that I said that everyone not named Baker has loved him. It's not OBJ that would draw attention to himself as "The Piece that won aSB for the Bills". Rather that would of course become a media talking point. No fault of his....

Here's the big question if we do end up signing OBJ, who gets released for him?

I'll go for somewhat of a surprise and say McKenzie, not because I personally think he's a waste of roster space, but because we now have another viable return option in Hines and OBJ would have to take the lion share of the WR3/slot snaps and that's where I think you have to make a tough decision especially because you aren't going to release or sit a guy like Shakir.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.