Troy Aikman wants your dresses off 🤣

Dablitzkrieg

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I thought "Karen's" were typical of women the social media types dislike ... ( white, middleclass, entitled)

I cant keep up...

From my experience, they are one and the same. 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've got Gender, Snowflake, Karen and Cancel on my bingo card for this thread.

With the free space, I think I might have just won.

season 10 grandpa simpson GIF

and you show up like they called your name 🤣

I doubt too many people are getting vehemently offended by this (maybe a few) - if anything it just shows how dated Aikman is.  It’s just a bit grating to hear, like your uncle at the Thanksgiving table.  They really need to modernize the entire viewing experience.  It’s way overdue.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I doubt too many people are getting vehemently offended by this (maybe a few) - if anything it just shows how dated Aikman is.  It’s just a bit grating to hear, like your uncle at the Thanksgiving table.  They really need to modernize the entire viewing experience.  It’s way overdue.  

Don't pretend like you’re not an old **** like the rest of us. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It's not like I could have said that in the corporate office in 2015 either. 

I imagine most are neither offended nor surprised at the outcome.

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Aaaaaaaand this embodies EVERYTHING that is wrong with today's social climate. Not you Romes, just all of the comments in the link. A bunch of soft Nancy's, some who wear dresses and some who don't, all acting like it's their right to never be offended by anything that anyone could ever possibly say. "Omgerd, Troy is sexist, this is sexisms, this is chauvinisms, he should be cancelled, this is insensitive." 

Troy is progressive and enlightened. He thinks women should be allowed to wear clothes! :ph34r:

Aikman could be the absolute GOAT if he were to post "I don't know why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch" as his response.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 5

One can comment on the ridiculousness of that unsportsmanlike conduct call without sounding like a dumb meathead. Comments like  “take the dresses off” suggest at best, that Troy doesn’t know how to use his words (because the phrase is devoid of any actual football insight); or at worst, that he doesn’t respect women. It’s not that I want him to be cancelled, it’s just that a professional commentator making millions of dollars should not have to resort to such trite and meaningless commentary. In other words, he sounded like an idiot and should reflect on that. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you were my nephew you'd be getting socks for Christmas. :nana:

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would honestly like them to name one woman who could take a 300 lbs nfl defensive end charging at them full speed like just one to prove Troy is some kinda chauvinist.

It’s like my wife’s self defense class instructor said to his class years ago one day… life is not Black Widow or Wonder Woman beating up 10 guys and the director yells cut. Real life is a 120lbs woman and a 200 lbs man and he intends bad things. 

16 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Dude sounds like a real drip. 

Aikman expressed a sentiment shared by MOST viewers (guess). 

I’m pretty sure we all get what the ex football player jock was saying. It really can have nothing to do with hating women

Edited by Shortchaz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Aikman is a boring announcer to listen to.  He's not grating like Collinsworth, just bland and corporate-sounding.

Totally agree. BUT, I suspect there is a Troy Aikman who has actual, human opinions. We just don't get to hear that guy call games. Wasn't there something a few years back where Aikman was caught on a hot mic during a pregame military flyover making some offhand comments to Joe Buck? I don't know. I probably wouldn't like the REAL Troy Aikman, but I definitely would at least appreciate a less wooden personality on the air. 

Collinsworth, on the other hand, is intolerable to listen to. So "grating," as you aptly put it. 

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

As far as I can tell people are getting more snowflakey about the cancellation boogeyman than people having a problem with what Aikman said.

Which is strange because Aikman isn't getting "canceled".  

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I would honestly like them to name one woman who could take a 300 lbs nfl defensive end charging at them full speed like just one to prove Troy is some kinda chauvinist.

It’s like my wife’s self defense class instructor said to his class years ago one day… life is not Black Widow or Wonder Woman beating up 10 guys and the director yells cut. Real life is a 120lbs woman and a 200 lbs man and he intends bad things. 

You had so many opportunities to stop yourself and yet you still clicked submit.  What in the holy hell are you even talking about?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2