Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I’ve heard quite a few people who know him or know people who do say he’s actually a good guy. Never any troubles, no history of anything like this. It’s unfortunate for everyone, because he made a boneheaded move for which he apologized. It will come at some cost to him, which is fair. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

A) I watched it. Both known views. He moved in front of him. It’s not what I think, it’s what I watched.

B) I never said I would level anyone. Get it right, for a change.  I said it’s unwise to startle someone, especially a professional athlete coming out of a heated moment. You never know what you might get. Pay attention. You don’t get to make up your own “facts”. 

C) You are tiresome, and not nearly as sharp as you think you are. Have a nice day.

even Adams isn't offering these goofy explanations as to why he tossed the guy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’ll take one more shot at this. Adams was wrong. We all agree.

WHY DID THE GUY RUN IN FRONT OF HIM? It’s a simple question. Why did he do it? It made no sense, and the camera gear guy did something he should not have done. Period. It’s possible for two people to be wrong in different ways to different degrees. Simple fact. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not saying I agree with Augie completely here, but Adams made a very similar excuse to both points 1 and 2. 
1) “I want to apologize to the guy, there was some guy running off the field, and he ran, like jumped in front of me coming off the field”

2) “that was just frustration mixed with him literally just running in from of me.” 
Obviously in an apology, he’s not gonna say you shouldn’t startle an angry athlete, but it wasn’t terribly far from I was (an) angry (athlete) and he startled me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Not saying I agree with Augie completely here, but Adams made a very similar excuse to both points 1 and 2. 
1) “I want to apologize to the guy, there was some guy running off the field, and he ran, like jumped in front of me coming off the field”

2) “that was just frustration mixed with him literally just running in from of me.” 
Obviously in an apology, he’s not gonna say you shouldn’t startle an angry athlete, but it wasn’t terribly far from I was (an) angry (athlete) and he startled me. 

It’s NOT that complicated. 

I want to know if @KDIGGZ denies that the guy inexplicably got in front of Adams for some reason. He’s quick with the thumbs down, but radio silent from what I’ve seen on explaining this. I’m NOT absolving Adams, AT ALL, I’m just saying it was a bad move by camera guy. Very simple. 

If my own son did the same thing, I’d be upset with the shove, and I’d also ask my son “WTF were you thinking?”

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what really happened...this is not suspension worthy.  Fine sure, but the dude pops up right in front of Adams when he isn't looking and reacted with a push.  Especially given how many times this year people have jumped down and ran onto the field, its not hard to see how this reaction mistakenly happened.  Like I said, fine him, but I don't think this deserves a suspension.

And the crew member had no business being in the exit tunnel and cutting across the players leaving the field.  He should have gone the other direction, not try and cut through the traffic of the players when he stood up. 

THIS view is much different, and I believe more telling of what really happened. The initial view at the top of the thread is more sensational, but this is more informative. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Clearly the photographer was at fault.

I would describe it as bearing some responsibility. The shove was over the top/uncalled for, but this guy is either a jerk or just terrible at his job. This incident would not have happened if he didn’t dart out in front of Adams. I just want to know why he did that. What was he thinking? Did he not see Adams? Accidents happen, I suppose. Unfortunate all around. 

Regardless, if you judge this incident only by the clip at the top of the thread, you will be misled. The first view made it look like he was just standing there, and that was NOT the case. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have to say, this is cool. I didn't want to let this go by without giving him some credit. It's too easy to get upset and point fingers at a dude. It's important to find good in people too. I'm sure he's a good dude. Made a bad choice and has to deal

with it now 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

It’s NOT that complicated. 

I want to know if @KDIGGZ denies that the guy inexplicably got in front of Adams for some reason. He’s quick with the thumbs down, but radio silent from what I’ve seen on explaining this. I’m NOT absolving Adams, AT ALL, I’m just saying it was a bad move by camera guy. Very simple. 

If my own son did the same thing, I’d be upset with the shove, and I’d also ask my son “WTF were you thinking?”

Guessing the camera guy (who is extremely inexperienced, it seems like) just thought he needed to rush somewhere else on the other side of the field to get a shot of something going on, and wasn’t 100% aware of his surroundings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Guessing the camera guy (who is extremely inexperienced, it seems like) just thought he needed to rush somewhere else on the other side of the field to get a shot of something going on, and wasn’t 100% aware of his surroundings.

Could be. I’m not trying to let Adams off and blame the camera guy, but his lack of awareness was part of the problem here. I just don’t understand how some people don’t get that.  

Sue the ***** out of him... Way of the world.   Reach for the deep pocket.  Let them know, with a big paycheck comes a bigger responsibility.  The fish rots from the head down.  

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

Could be. I’m not trying to let Adams off and blame the camera guy, but his lack of awareness was part of the problem here. I just don’t understand how some people don’t get that.  

Adams wasn't driving a truck. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:37 PM, DaggersEOD said:

Ok that looks MUCH less egregious.

He didn't hunt the camera man down, he was looking down then looked up the instant this dude crosses his path and he seems to reflexively push him away.

Sucks for Adams that this wasn't the angle initially posted as I think it would've changed the way this incident has been perceived.

Is that how you reflexively react as well when someone walks in front of you? Cause everyone I know either stops, or if they bump they reach out to steady the other person. Maybe I grew up in a pansy household?

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

Is that how you reflexively react as well when someone walks in front of you? Cause everyone I know either stops, or if they bump they reach out to steady the other person. Maybe I grew up in a pansy household?

I guess it’s possible. Don’t know you all that well. 

21 hours ago, Augie said:

If you have seen both angles you should realize that is simply not true. The guy went out in front of a player coming off the field after a rough loss. I’m still waiting for video that starts a couple seconds sooner, or from a different angle. WTF happened? WHY was he there in the first place? 

Like the AJ Epenesa expulsion, don’t startle a worked up guy in his workplace. 

Adams HAS admitted and is facing what is due. Camera guy needs to get real. 

It was both of their workplaces, no?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

It was both of their workplaces, no?

Indeed, so everyone needs to be smart. I’m not sure if you are talking about AJ or Adams, but the ref made an ill-advised move touching Epenesa from behind during a melee and the camera guy should not jump out in front of a player coming off the field in that situation. [Edit- I’d love to know what Epenesa said, so maybe he deserved ejection.] 

I hate refs that try to make it about them. If done properly, they are nearly invisible. Same goes with the camera guy. We are not there for YOU, so stay out of the way. I won’t be too hard on him, as it seems to have been inadvertent, but he helped create that situation by making a poor decision. 

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

As god is my witness, I believe he was trying to go from one place to another.

That is why you look both ways before crossing the road. Quite simple. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Indeed, so everyone needs to be smart. I’m not sure if you are talking about AJ or Adams, but the ref made an ill-advised move touching Epenesa from behind during a melee and the camera guy should not jump out in front of a player coming off the field in that situation. [Edit- I’d love to know what Epenesa said, so maybe he deserved ejection.] 

I hate refs that try to make it about them. If done properly, they are nearly invisible. Same goes with the camera guy. We are not there for YOU, so stay out of the way. I won’t be too hard on him, as it seems to have been inadvertent, but he helped create that situation by making a poor decision. 

That is why you look both ways before crossing the road. Quite simple. 

It is quite simple and 100% avoidable. Adams blew it and he'll pay a price. As others have said, you've chosen an odd hill to die on, but you be you.

13 minutes ago, Beerball said:

It is quite simple and 100% avoidable. Adams blew it and he'll pay a price. As others have said, you've chosen an odd hill to die on, but you be you.

As I’ve said COUNTLESS times, I agree! ADAMS WAS WRONG! He was the MOST AND OVERWHELMINGLY WRONG.

I’m just saying camera guy is not like someone who was just sitting there minding his own business and got attacked.  Stepping in front of a football team coming off the field is very avoidable.  He helped to create this by putting himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Brain fart? New on the job? I don’t know. If that is a city street, Adams has the right of way. Camera guy screwed up, and Adams very badly overreacted.

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1