Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea a game and a chunky fine feels about right. Dick move but he was frustrated. I didn't see a replay of the overturned catch on the final drive... was it definitely incomplete?

Yeah, it really was.  Adams was juggling the ball but acted like he had it tucked away and took a big stride instead of toe dragging

And believe me, I would have been DELIGHTED for that catch to be ruled complete.

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

If he gets a fine, or suspension, it's because professional conduct doesn't end when the clock runs out. The photographer was literally doing his job. It's akin to a flag. The fact that a player is sorry that he roughed the passer is irrelevant. You don't flag based on intent. Bowling over an onfield photographer is clearly stepping over the line of professional conduct-- much more so than roughing the passer, IMO

And for all the people saying "don't step in front of the players..." understand that getting all those shots that we love to see is literally the responsibility of the photographer and the player being photographed. The NFL is a business, and quality coverage before, during, and after the game is intrinsic to that.

Sure but like to lead the charge demanding a suspension?  Why lol

3 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

I don’t condone what Adams did, but this weakling filing a police report and brazenly hunting for a payday is gross.

You got no idea whether or not this guy was hurt, whether it will affect his ability to work and earn a paycheck, whether he has medical insurance, whether his equipment was damaged but Yeah.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, corta765 said:

So after the game media is explicitly told not to be in the way its basically a no fly zone at that area of the end zone let alone being in the middle. The shove 100% was not warranted and had he helped the guy get up its a non issue. Even though the dude 100% should not have been there and made a major mistake in his own right, the action still was not justified and the NFL may use Adams as an example behavior wise while probably quietly taking that guys media credentials for a bit.

Lol you think the NFL is gonna pull that guys media credentials after he was pushed by an frustrated player.  They probably already have a nice big figure they are willing to settle this matter as quickly and quietly as possible.  They aren't gonna give the guy more reasons to sue the NFL.  

Don't know if they will suspend him as other angles do show how the guy just ran in front of Adams quiet suddenly.  The real damage was he did appear to just walk on by after without any hesitation despite looking at the guy as he fell down.  Anybody could react with a reflexive shove if someone popped up in front of them as they are walking but most people would at least help the person they knocked over up and ensure they were uninjured.  I hope the guy didn't suffer any injuries, and we really won't be sure as I'm sure there will be NDA's as part of the settlements he'll receive from the Raiders and from Adams.

11 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Don't be such a snowflake!  Its a violent physical passionate game.  Adams plays his ass off for 3 and a half hours.  The Raiders lose at the end.  Adams' catch down the sideline is ruled not a catch in the last 2 minutes.  Then on 4th down he and Renfroe collide.  The guy is going to be a little bit pissed.  Sure its not a good look.  But he didn't pummel the guy.  And he apologized.  End of story.  

My son plays college football.  He is so pissed after a loss, he won't even go shake hands w the opposing team.  He just walks straight to the locker room.  

If you were leaving work after a real tough emotional day, and as you walk out of your office someone jumps right out in front of you, what are you going to do?  You get where I am coming from bro?

Have you spent time in prison?

Asking for a friend...

The cameraman fell backwards on his butt carrying a bunch of equipment. He could not have remotely been mistaken for a player of the opposing team, which would be a bit more understandable, but not necessarily excusable.

I said he should be suspended for a game, not banned from the NFL. That was a pretty serious action on his part.

5 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I won't be shocked if he gets 2-4 games for this.  That guy could have been hurt pretty badly.  A 1 game suspension and fine is usually reserved for trivial things.  This is actually a big deal.  If this was a woman he would be suspended for the year.  

The guy could have been hurt pretty badly?

Yeah I guess any time you fall backwards you can get hurt. 

But it is a known risk of being a field cameraman. How many times have you seen camerapersons on the sideline get hammered as a player went out of bounds. 

Fwiw, I think a criminal case for this push is silly. Fine him 100K and call it a day. 

8 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

The guy could have been hurt pretty badly?

Yeah I guess any time you fall backwards you can get hurt. 

But it is a known risk of being a field cameraman. How many times have you seen camerapersons on the sideline get hammered as a player went out of bounds. 

Fwiw, I think a criminal case for this push is silly. Fine him 100K and call it a day. 

I don't like the fact the guy filed charges with the police, but if he had hit his head and was hurt badly, Adams would be going to jail.  And there is a big difference between being hurt during a play and when a guy intentionally hits you.  If you can't see that you are clueless.

I

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I won't be shocked if he gets 2-4 games for this.  That guy could have been hurt pretty badly.  A 1 game suspension and fine is usually reserved for trivial things.  This is actually a big deal.  If this was a woman he would be suspended for the year.  

as d-bag of a move as it was, i'm not in the multiple game category.  i'd be a little surprised if it's more than one game, but we'll see how the nfl wants to handle this.  i mean, you certainly can't pull this off at work without repercussion, and the nfl is a job for these guys.   a fine, one game out, (which i also think includes the salary for that game) and now attorney troubles.  i have to imagine that gets the point across.  

7 minutes ago, teef said:

as d-bag of a move as it was, i'm not in the multiple game category.  i'd be a little surprised if it's more than one game, but we'll see how the nfl wants to handle this.  i mean, you certainly can't pull this off at work without repercussion, and the nfl is a job for these guys.   a fine, one game out, (which i also think includes the salary for that game) and now attorney troubles.  i have to imagine that gets the point across.  

The fact the guy filed charges with the KC police puts the NFL in a tough spot.  I honestly think the NFL is going to land on two games, but if Adams was smart he would pay the guy to settle and then negotiate a 1 game suspension.  He is screwed if this goes to court.  You can't really argue with video and the DA and Assault Unit Detectives really have no choice but to charge him. Once the guy filed the assault claim Adams was screwed. Pay the guy and make it go away. 

Edited by Bills2022