Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

24 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Relax. He apologized on camera post game. He admitted his emotions got the better of him,  and felt genuinely bad about pushing the guy. Ya'll need to stop acting like you don't let your emptions get the better of you and never act out in a manner that is not your best self. At least he owned up to it. Nobody's perfect. More than one NFL commentator mentioned that they were surprised that he acted in that way because he is considered one of the nicest guys in the NFL (not my words, theirs).

There is acting in an unbecoming way when you are frustrated or angry and then there is putting your hands on someone in an aggressive way when frustrated or angry.

I'ts not a fine line...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

So the big bad Kansas City Chiefs beat a last place team by 1 point?

VERY SCARY CHIEFS 

Obviously a division rivalry game.....they ALWAYS be tough.  Personally I am happy the chefs won.  Less incentive for Sunday.  This game has all the makings of an awesome game.

Go BILLS!

28 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Relax. He apologized on camera post game. He admitted his emotions got the better of him,  and felt genuinely bad about pushing the guy. Ya'll need to stop acting like you don't let your emptions get the better of you and never act out in a manner that is not your best self. At least he owned up to it. Nobody's perfect. More than one NFL commentator mentioned that they were surprised that he acted in that way because he is considered one of the nicest guys in the NFL (not my words, theirs).

A lot of people here who never played sports with passion and high emotions. A suspension for that would be ridiculous. Knowing the NFL he will get fined. Hopefully not to much, camera man needs to know how and where he belongs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

He claimed he "felt horrible immediately." Well, if this were true, why didn't he go back to the guy, check to see that he's ok, and, if still on the ground help him up. Besides the obvious that was already pointed out, that this apology was on social media instead of reaching out to him directly, bs, fine the crap out of him and suspend him.

Reminiscent of Matt Stafford.  Stafford didn’t push the person, of course, but he showed similar indifference.  Not cool on either part. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

A lot of people here who never played sports with passion and high emotions. A suspension for that would be ridiculous. Knowing the NFL he will get fined. Hopefully not to much, camera man needs to know how and where he belongs.

A lot of us have and still don't assault people.

Not surprising that your takaway from the incident is to blame the cameraman...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

A lot of us have and still don't assault people.

Not surprising that your takaway from the incident is to blame the cameraman...

Understand the situation you are in and the rules you are working under, stay out if the way, and that was hardly an assault. If you think that’s an assault I imagine you probably played girls field hockey. The man just played professional football in a very intense game. I would hope he was emotional and upset at losing.

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

ahhh...i was waiting for this.  i just don't agree.  a lot of us on here played sports, but still know far better than to shove someone to the ground because you're upset...especially a guy who was there to work.  it's the adult equivalent of a tantrum, while on national tv.  it has nothing to do whether someone has played a sport and left emotions or not.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Kids these days aren’t built to deal with losing. Not getting their way. Spoiled little brats they are. It all started when they made it impossible to discipline your children. 

I bet you Adrian Peterson’s kid doesn’t act like this. Or else he’ll get the switch again. 

it has nothing to do with kids these days.  certain people act this way and certain people don't.  it's been this way for generations, so please let's not act like this is new.  if anything, it's a parenting issue if anything, and there's always been lousy parents.

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Ah yes, 1 game for assaulting someone.

what do you think should be done?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 games at least. There are serious consequences for assaulting someone.  Can't discount this sort of behavior.  

If anyone of us shoved a store employee or bartender like that, we are headed to jail.    

18 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

LOL

14 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Understand the situation you are in and the rules you are working under, stay out if the way, and that was hardly an assault. If you think that’s an assault I imagine you probably played girls field hockey. The man just played professional football in a very intense game. I would hope he was emotional and upset at losing.

With all due respect, you're a moron.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

Actually, what constitutes an assault is pretty well defined.

We didn't have a girls field hockey team, so I had to settle for football, baseball, and wrestling.

Just now, Bandito said:

He should've been arrested and charged with assault, a large fine and suspended for multiple games.

They don't call it the National Felon League for no reason

this is full of all sorts of smart.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I was wondering WTF the cameraguy was doing over there. The guy was completely oblivious and collided with Adams (who was walking in a straight line into the tunnel). 

Still, as you said, that's a really bad reaction from Adams. Probably worth a game suspension and definitely worth a big fine 

Yea like after games especially one that emotionally charged and the Raiders having lost every game one score and gut punch style Adams is probably at his wits end. I actually believe his apology as I can get over reacting after all of this, I just don't know a middle ground between fine v suspension that sends a message. I don't think the NFL does half game suspensions like some leagues.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea a game and a chunky fine feels about right. Dick move but he was frustrated. I didn't see a replay of the overturned catch on the final drive... was it definitely incomplete?

It was 100% incomplete.  He juggled the ball with one foot in bounds.  By the time he got control, the second foot came down a yard out of bounds.

• Thank you (+1) 1