Davonte Adams should be suspended a game

transplantbillsfan

I don't think it's an overreaction for the suspension. Players get suspended for in game fights all the time. This is the end of the game off the field and pushing a cameraman with a bunch of equipment and no pads or helmet to the ground. The guy could have gotten seriously hurt. Heat of the game is no excuse.

If he comes (came?) out with a genuine apology about that after, I'd probably change my mind on him being a price.

Yes, I realize this video was in the game thread from last night, but it seems to deserve its own discussion.

EDIT: Sincere apology:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

He did apologize after the game.

But yeah, he deserves punishment.  

I dont want to make a rash character judgement on that though.  In the heat of a very tough and disappointing game/ending.  The guy seemed to come out of nowhere and appear right in his way... a split second decision to shove him.   Very poor decision, bad restraint... 

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, teef said:

oh wow.  that is an ####### move.  i'd be surprised if the nfl doesn't go out of their way to make an example of this.

let's hope.

these athletes get a little too much leeway in their behavior and if they can't have their ass beat they need to be hit with something that makes them pay attention.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

His justification was that he was frustrated - as if it is normal behavior for most people to knock some stranger to the ground when they are frustrated. And, of course he had to add in that the other guy had some culpability in what happened because he ran in front of him...

I'm thinking nothing could demonstrate that he "felt horrible immediately" better than walking right by the guy he just pushed to the ground...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea a game and a chunky fine feels about right. Dick move but he was frustrated. I didn't see a replay of the overturned catch on the final drive... was it definitely incomplete?

I manage to not push people in public (and at home) when I get frustrated.  I'm sorry that he felt that way, but what he did was wrong and he should answer for it.  Life is a matter of degree, and this is not remotely close to some off-field incidents with which the NFL has had to deal.  But it was on camera, and in the public eye, and he should be held accountable.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He claimed he "felt horrible immediately." Well, if this were true, why didn't he go back to the guy, check to see that he's ok, and, if still on the ground help him up. Besides the obvious that was already pointed out, that this apology was on social media instead of reaching out to him directly, bs, fine the crap out of him and suspend him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

I manage to not push people in public (and at home) when I get frustrated.  I'm sorry that he felt that way, but what he did was wrong and he should answer for it.  Life is a matter of degree, and this is not remotely close to some off-field incidents with which the NFL has had to deal.  But it was on camera, and in the public eye, and he should be held accountable.  

I'm not absolving him of blame or disagreeing that he should be held accountable. A game suspension and a chunky fine feels right. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Fans that engage in this type of behavior are usually banned from stadiums.

I’m not saying Adams should be banned from the league but I believe a multi-game suspension is warranted.

30 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it's an overreaction for the suspension. Players get suspended for in game fights all the time. This is the end of the game off the field and pushing a cameraman with a bunch of equipment and no pads or helmet to the ground. The guy could have gotten seriously hurt. Heat of the game is no excuse.

If he comes (came?) out with a genuine apology about that after, I'd probably change my mind on him being a price.

Yes, I realize this video was in the game thread from last night, but it seems to deserve its own discussion.

EDIT: Sincere apology:

You know what else isn’t you, Devante? Telling the truth. You felt horrible immediately yet kept walking right to the locker room without stopping to check on the guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2