Broadcast team ripping Bflo weather

ProcessTruster

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Only saw the replay on NFL+, but caught the broadcast team ripping on WNY weather quite a bit.  What the H?  Seemed like an OK weather day to me.  

I've made this point in the past, anticipating that when the Bills got good, all announcers would have left it to trash WNY weather,  anything to be able to cut down the area.  What's next, Love Canal references?   

Talk abt small city syndrome... you're in the big time now boy!! We have our big boy pants on;)

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Only saw the replay on NFL+, but caught the broadcast team ripping on WNY weather quite a bit.  What the H?  Seemed like an OK weather day to me.  

I've made this point in the past, anticipating that when the Bills got good, all announcers would have left it to trash WNY weather,  anything to be able to cut down the area.  What's next, Love Canal references?   

It was windy as crap, the weather was *****.  Quit being so sensitive.

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Whatta ya want it was Tony BLOWMO!  He was serving up turnovers at half time......he sux.

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Game was a Buffalo informercial.  

That said, it’s hilarious how allllll week, every host on WGR talked about the “amazing” weather we’d have… then the day comes and the weather is an issue right out the gate. 

I think they were just excited to have a 1pm home game without sideways rain. 

11 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Did you watch any games last year or read any of the posts last year. The bad weather was a factor in many of them especially rain and wind. It was talked about a ton last year. The wind was a factor in this game as well. The Pats game was second coldest in franchise history but was tolerable with no precipitation and little wind. Its not a judgment against Buffalo. Just facts.

Why Miami (or those effected by the heat, wouldn't just install covered seats on opposing sidelines (or both) with ac or similar, I don't know.  Should be mandated by the NFL.

Been to a few baseball games in extreme heat & sun & that is too unbearable.

Yes they mention the weather because it is worth mentioning and has affected way too many games.  Even cold is fine if there is no wind.  Wind creates havoc with the ball and makes things unpleasant. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why Miami (or those effected by the heat, wouldn't just install covered seats on opposing sidelines (or both) with ac or similar, I don't know.  Should be mandated by the NFL.

Your answer is in this thread...

Miami home field sun advantage and why this is wrong on so many levels - The Stadium Wall - Two Bills Drive

It's a story within the context of how the game is played.  Over it's history, Highmark/New Era/The Ralph/Rich Stadium must be one of the toughest places to kick/throw/catch the ball in the entire NFL.  In the last game we saw 2 botched kick returns, a misplayed punt return, a blocked kick into the wind and two Chris Boswell missed FGs.  

Every game broadcast has a list of talking points these guys are supposed to hit. It's irritating sometimes when they keep trying to create a narrative that isn't there, though. Was it a little windy out there? Sure. But they were kinda playing it up like there were typhoon-style winds going on and we were all gonna get swept away to Oz or something. 

Nothing will ever top the Bruschi Play Counter from years ago. Good lord that was the worst game broadcast in history. 

Edited by blacklabel

14 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

example? I did not hear anything bad.

12 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Every game broadcast has a list of talking points these guys are supposed to hit. It's irritating sometimes when they keep trying to create a narrative that isn't there, though. Was it a little windy out there? Sure. But they were kinda playing it up like their were typhoon-style winds going on and we were all gonna get swept away to Oz or something. 

Nothing will ever top the Bruschi Play Counter from years ago. Good lord that was the worst game broadcast in history. 

It is a narrative.  I can't stand that almost weekly weather in a Bills game is a talking point.  Three games already this year weather was a factor to some extent (Miami, Baltimore & Pitt) and may or may not have paid some factor.  

Last year two losses were weather related (Tenn & NE).

And yes Orchard Park seems to be affected way too much. 

Is any team as affected by weather more so then Buffalo?   

15 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I read a report that Love Canal water decreased average IQ of residents by 10%.

Waiting for it to become the next Camp Lejeune water contamination super laywer feast.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.