Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills need to win this game.  They are the better team. That said, the loss would probably not be as bad as I originally thought, only because the Bills should get Tre White back. If he is healthy, that is enormous.  The Bills could go into Arrowhead and win if they are healthy with Tre White.  Let's hope it is not necessary.

So…..the bills don’t NEED to win a week 6 game….  

When a team is 4-1 there will never be a game that is must win.  Ever.  Especially this team, this year.  We NEED to win in the playoffs.  We can win the super bowl without the #1 seed.  

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

Bills are not as good as the Chiefs …never were and never will be…

If you are being serious, yes this is the correct answer. At least a present.

This team has a chance to finally change that and it starts on Sunday. And no matter what anybody says (including the coaches and players) it's not just another game.

• Eyeroll 2

Just now, NewEra said:

So…..the bills don’t NEED to win a week 6 game….  

When a team is 4-1 there will never be a game that is must win.  Ever.  Especially this team, this year.  We NEED to win in the playoffs.  We can win the super bowl without the #1 seed.  

I would rather not go this route. McDermott's teams are winless on the road in the playoffs but undefeated at home.

Bills 0-4 on the road. Jags, Texans, Chiefs (2)

Bills 3-0 at home. Colts, Ravens, Pats.

I want that #1 seed for the Bills. 

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And the Bills have also had a top 10 defense every year under McD/Frazier including last year and how did that turn out? A blowout loss at Arrowhead in the AFCCG is McD/Allen's career achievement, why haven't they been able to do what Mahomes and Reid have under similar circumstances?

It's a process.  By the time they had their first playoff matchup in 2020, Mahomes/Reid already had a SB under their belt.  The Bills simply weren't ready for the big stage.  Last year they had clearly pulled even with the Chiefs and essentially lost on a coin flip.  

Another simple answer is that Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are generational, HOF talents in their absolute prime and Reid is clearly a HOF coach, AND we were playing in their crib in both games.  It's not as if our seasons ended in some pathetic fashion by being upset by a lesser team in our building.  The Chiefs are great and they are the dragon that must be slayed.  No doubt about it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Bills are not as good as the Chiefs …never were and never will be…

Never? Go watch those Bills vs Chiefs playoff games from the early 90's. I seem to recall them knocking Montana out and kicking their ass all day long.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

This team has a chance to finally change that and it starts on Sunday. And no matter what anybody says (including the coaches and players) it's not just another game.

Comparing the two coaches and qbs is ridiculous ….Reid got canned from Eagles after a decade because he couldn’t win the big one…he won one SB in KC….in a decade…McD and JA came into a complete mess and built a powerhouse in 3 years….Mahomes sat for a year and started on a playoff team….JA had crap for 3 years…give it up…your angle sucks

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I would rather not go this route. McDermott's teams are winless on the road in the playoffs but undefeated at home.

Bills 0-4 on the road. Jags, Texans, Chiefs (2)

Bills 3-0 at home. Colts, Ravens, Pats.

I want that #1 seed for the Bills. 

Sure, I’d “rather” we win the #1 seed too….

but we don’t NEED to win this game.  No matter how anyone wants to twist it.  It means very little.  Just as last years bills win over KC meant nothing.  It’s a regular season game in week 6.  Lots can happen between Sunday and the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Bills were better than they were last year and the gap has widened.  13 seconds not withstanding. Allen should have beaten them twice last year.  On the road.

Bills won by 18 in the first matchup and barely lost in OT.

The metrics say this year's Bills team is among the all-time teams.  KC is not that. The Bills have the potential to bludgeon the Chiefs while the Chiefs have almost no ability to do the same to us.

Edited by Big Turk

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Jaquon J. has a pretty defined role as the 'personal protector' on punting team.  Don't want him gunning when he's starting at safety, either.

How fast is Hamlin?  I didn't think he was very fast but can't find a 40 time.  Also if he's the starting safety, "do one thing well".

Neal could be one of them.  McKenzie says he's the fastest guy on the Bills team.

I don't think there is worry about any starter playing a couple of plays as a gunner.

They will go down the depth chart and whoever's names are there will do it.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:57 AM, Airseven said:

Mahomes against this banged up Bills secondary is appropriate for Halloween.

The Bills secondary is getting a bit less banged up.  Kaiir Elam got dinged on the foot, but I think he'll be fine.  On the other side, I think Benford is expected back.  I think that's why Buffalo let Ingram go (resigning him to the PS).  I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo called up Jared Maden.  The thing is, Mahomes doesn't have the game breaking receivers he used to have.  They're OK, but I don't know that the Bills' DBs can't cover them.  Kelce is Mahomes' biggest target now.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sure, I’d “rather” we win the #1 seed too….

but we don’t NEED to win this game.  No matter how anyone wants to twist it.  It means very little.  Just as last years bills win over KC meant nothing.  It’s a regular season game in week 6.  Lots can happen between Sunday and the playoffs.  

Absolutely this isn't a must win for either team. 11 games for both teams after this one. But I don't trust the Bills on the road in the playoffs. Maybe this team is different but I would rather not find out.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

Looking better

I mean not really...none of the key pieces we need that were out last week are any different than they were last week.

How long can someone be "limited"?? IMO, if it's more than a day or two why the hell are they even out there to begin with, because they would likely heal quicker without practicing.

WTF is with dudes being "limited" for 2 weeks. It makes no f***ing sense.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Looks like Poyer, Edmunds and Knox are the big concerns for tomorrow's practice.

Hope Cam Lewis is just cautionary and is back to full tomorrow.

Not counting on Benford and Phillips at all.

I can't understand if someone is injured enough to be "limited" for 2 weeks straight why the hell they are even bothering to have them practice? It doesn't make sense.

It should not take 2 weeks to come back from a limited diganosis

Edited by Big Turk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

Looking better

Jones back to full is low key awesome, guy has been an absolute anchor at the 1T spot. Him not playing would be a big loss, especially with how the Chiefs OL is run blocking with their guards. The tackles are the weak link there. Our edge guys should feast and be able to be disruptive.

Would really prefer if we had a decently healthy Edmunds, Knox and Poyer for this matchup. Chiefs have a lot of weapons to throw to and we need our best out there in coverage.

Not expecting Phillips to play, unless this is just a chronic issue with his hamstring and we can use him rotationally on a pitch count. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.