Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

Stopped by Chiefs Planet hoping to read a little insight as to what the enemy fans are thinking.

I immediately remembered why I don't go there ever.

That forum is an absolute cesspool. Some of the worst "football discussion" on the internet.

It's weird, because almost everyone who has attended games in KC or hung out with Chiefs fans says they're welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable, etc.

Whatever the case may be, the absolute worst of the Chiefs fan base seem to gather on Chiefs Planet. I cannot stress what a garbage den that place is.

Makes me really, really thankful that we have a place as nice (and well moderated) as TSW to talk Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I've seen all their games.  To me, their offense has actually looked more dangerous and explosive than before, even with the massive loss of Hill.

I thought that would really impact KC this year, and it hasn't at all.

Just going with YPA ranked defenses:

Cards - 24th

Chargers - 13th

Colts - 14th

Bucs - 5th 

Raiders - 25th

They dinked and dunked the heck out of The Bucs, they averaged a little over 5 yards per play.  In fact the Chiefs are 12th in the NFL in YPA (Bills are 3rd, though of course the Steelers game hugely helps).  

Reality is that without Davis, both the Bills and Chiefs were dink and dunk offenses who didn't really get much in terms of explosive plays out of the pass game. That's directly attributable to no Hill or healthy Davis. 

Guess I still disagree with you. There's a huge part of the equation thats not available for Mahomes. In fact he's half a yard under his career YPA this season compared to his career, and in fact just has one game this year over 7.5 YPA, when he had 9.2 against the Cards (who aren't good this year) on opening day

Edited by appoo

57 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I really wish someone would respond to the "13 seconds" questions with "well maybe next time we'll just give up at the half so we don't disappoint you again".  Really getting old hearing about it, even from our own media.

Like why the hell ask Miller the question even?

yeah but sadly, until we win the Super Bowl (or at least make it), “13 seconds” is going to loom large in most people’s minds.

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yeah but sadly, until we win the Super Bowl (or at least make it), “13 seconds” is going to loom large in most people’s minds.

the only thing "13 seconds" is now is a media topic and an attempt of an insult from anyone that's not a Bills fan.  Same way we hear/read 0-4.  It's a throw away comment/question.

And if they do end up making it to the super bowl I can only imagine the "well you were 0-4 in super bowls".  Like bringing it up 30ish year later makes it a big topic.  Everyone knows, no one cares, they just care about now. 

People that want to live in the past are more than welcome to wallow in the failure of this team.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

Finally hear the take from a talking head about the "Allen vs Mahomes and who is better?" that I've been waiting for, compliments of none other that Shady.

Others picked Mahomes because of his resume and it's better head to head (obviously) for Mahomes in 68 games vs Allens 65 games.

Shady countered with, you drafted a new QB and traded away Sammy Watkins and replaced him with Kelvin Benjamin and left the team with ME as the only playmaker.

Mahomes sat for a year under Reid and had an entire offense already built, ready and waiting for him to take over.  Of course he was going to have more success early but at this point, they are even.

Time stamped if you want to listen to it.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

the only thing "13 seconds" is now is a media topic and an attempt of an insult from anyone that's not a Bills fan.  Same way we hear/read 0-4.  It's a throw away comment/question.

And if they do end up making it to the super bowl I can only imagine the "well you were 0-4 in super bowls".  Like bringing it up 30ish year later makes it a big topic.  Everyone knows, no one cares, they just care about now. 

People that want to live in the past are more than welcome to wallow in the failure of this team.

I can see it already when we do eventually make the super bowl.  They will talk about 0-4 as if its somehow relevant today.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Finally hear the take from a talking head about the "Allen vs Mahomes and who is better?" that I've been waiting for, compliments of none other that Shady.

Others picked Mahomes because of his resume and it's better head to head (obviously) for Mahomes in 68 games vs Allens 65 games.

Shady countered with, you drafted a new QB and traded away Sammy Watkins and replaced him with Kelvin Benjamin and left the team with ME as the only playmaker.

Mahomes sat for a year under Reid and had an entire offense already built, ready and waiting for him to take over.  Of course he was going to have more success early but at this point, they are even.

I seen this a few weeks ago, it’s hard to watch because they don’t really acknowledge that they were drafted to different situations. Atleast Jason Taylor’s sister doesn’t, from what I remember.  Shady is spot on though. 

Edited by BananaB

52 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Both are so good, and so similar. If people want to use resume and head to head as a tiebreaker and rank Mahomes ahead of Allen, I think that's very reasonable. 

But he's not a better player than Allen. Period. Allen does things that no other QB in the league can do. Maybe no other QB ever. 

Regardless who have a at 1 and 2, there is a MONSTER gap between these two and any other QB in the league. Brady and Rodgers ain't what they used to be. Allen/Mahomes are now in a tier of their own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Nineforty said:

I'm all in on the honesty but I still was shocked we didn't get something like, "well we don't have the rings yet to put myself in that conversation".  

The way the question was framed, it was like how does it feel to be part of the new Brady-Manning, Brady-Rodgers matchup, the one all the kids want to watch now is Allen-Mahomes.

He said he thought about it because a promo someone retweeted came across his feed, it's surreal.  Said he thought about it for a couple of minutes then moved back to prepping to try to win a football game

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Anyone notice how Ed Oliver played last week against PIT? I'm excited to see him get healthy and hopefully become a force again inside. We need that against KC.

He was extremely tentative.

His snaps were also very limited; he probably only took 1/3 of them during the game.

They were also frequently pulling him on passing downs.

I thought both him and Jordan Phillips looked like they were playing on one leg and basically just holding the POA and not really getting after it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I really wish someone would respond to the "13 seconds" questions with "well maybe next time we'll just give up at the half so we don't disappoint you again".  Really getting old hearing about it, even from our own media.

Like why the hell ask Miller the question even?

Yeah, turn 13,seconds into 13 knuckles…or something 

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

We will see how the backup gunners play this week.  I expect the Chiefs to punt at least 5 times.

Just a note about availability.  Jones is in his 5th season with Bills and has had only 1 injury free year.

Question: who are the backup gunners?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.