Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, cba fan said:

ok, but if Bills lose Sunday then KC would need to lose two more games than Bills the rest of the way for Bills to get home field back. Not likely.

A Bills win is not a lock for home field, but a loss is a nail in coffin. This is big to have chance at home field.

and if FG kicker is up. It's "The Shank"

In strictly mathematical terms yes. But again, the reverse was true after last years meeting in October. Neither the Bills or the Chiefs ended up the #1 seed. It’s just too soon in October to say what is “ likely” to happen in 10 more weeks of NFL football games. As fans we like to think it is, but all too often it just isn’t. If it was, we’d all be making a million dollars per year on Caesar’s. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Man, I hate the Chiefs. This is the one game every season that actually gives me butterflies beforehand. Chiefs are the one team (besides the Bills) that are essentially impossible to stop once they get rolling.  We need to jump out early and choke them out by the mid-3rd quarter.  I don't think I can take another nailbiter against them.

So do I. DVRs are a great thing. 

• Like (+1) 4

Ever since Tampa 2 half last year—bills can win vs ANY given team in the second half. This coaching and team have definitely figured out how to adapt and respond at half. (And Tampa/ KC/MIA just ran out of a couple minutes)

…sure would like to play KC in BUF, someday :) !

Edited by Since1981

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this is the game that the Bills injuries will really rear it's ugly head. The KC offense with Mahomes and Kelce are so dangerous. Reid will haveca great game plan to attack the Bills holes. Bill's should be able to stop the KC run. Phillips health is a big deal too. The Bills need to force KC to throw. The pass rush has to be relentless, disruptive, and (contain as much ad possible) Mahomes from running. I'd go back and look at the Tampa tape and the Cinci tape. If Fraizer sits in a bend but don't break defense the Bills will get shredded. Conversely, the same can be said for the Chiefs. Strange...

I don't see it like that at all...I think this is the game we see our team as healthy as they have been since week 1 at rams minus hyde ofcourse

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, cba fan said:

that's subjective. Jets are getting better now. Fins are tough w Tua.

Chargers suck Rams suck Broncos are not even good enough to suck etc etc........

I always go by DVOA since it takes into account many factors. Even with all these factors KC has the 6th toughest schedule while ours is 21st.

It would be very unlikely for the teams to flip flop that much where KCs would suddenly become far easier. In fact, so unlikely you'd have a better chance of being hit by lightning.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/10/2022 at 5:14 PM, EffKCChiefs said:

There is a petition out there to change KC Chiefs name and logo. I signed it. Link below.....

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/change-the-name-and-imagery-of-the-kansas-city-chiefs-football-team/thankyou

Ok.  Now think.  The Buffalo Bills, named after Bill Cody, could come up for discussion next.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Ok.  Now think.  The Buffalo Bills, named after Bill Cody, could come up for discussion next.  

Meh. Bills should probably be the Bisons anyways. ZERO thought of their actual namesake ever, by anyone. It's all just bison imagery and iconography. And it's better that way. I don't know a ton about William Cody, but I could make some guesses at how he gained initial notoriety (killing native americans and/or native bisons, ironically), and neither of them are a good look in retrospect. So if we need to grow past that flawed legacy, cool. I don't WANT that to happen, but I'm FINE if it were to happen. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Meh. Bills should probably be the Bisons anyways. ZERO thought of their actual namesake ever, by anyone. It's all just bison imagery and iconography. And it's better that way. I don't know a ton about William Cody, but I could make some guesses at how he gained initial notoriety (killing native americans and/or native bisons, ironically), and neither of them are a good look in retrospect. So if we need to grow past that flawed legacy, cool. I don't WANT that to happen, but I'm FINE if it were to happen. 

He was a decorated soldier and famous showman. 

But I agree that today it's all about the 'imagery and iconography" (I like the phrase you used)

2 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

But I agree that today it's all about the 'imagery and iconography" (I like the phrase you used)

Losing the William Cody part of the team's branding would have almost ZERO impact on how we think about or root for the team. And it's not like you have to stop using the Shout song or other such rituals. It's just that it's kind of dumb and a bit terrible to have a decorated Bison "hunter" and Indian fighter be the namesake of a Billion-dollar team. Those were not noble pursuits, in retrospect. 

I'm not saying we NEED to do this. I don't even WANT us to. But if we did, I'm good with that, too. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Yes, that's all he was. A decorated soldier and famous showman. Ha

I hope the bills aren't pressured to change their name because it will bring out the absolute worst in the fan base in terms of William Cody apologists.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Yes, that's all he was. A decorated soldier and famous showman. Ha

I hope the bills aren't pressured to change their name because it will bring out the absolute worst in the fan base in terms of William Cody apologists.

Agreed. I do NOT want this change to even be discussed much. I don't think a large portion of the Bills fanbase could handle it. We should shut up now.

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

that's subjective. Jets are getting better now. Fins are tough w Tua.

Chargers suck Rams suck Broncos are not even good enough to suck etc etc........

Ok some brake pumping on this right here is needed. Jets are getting better because why exactly? Fully healthy with who we have that isn't on IR, neither the Dolphins or Jets are even in the same stratosphere as the Bills are. The Jets have yet to play any team that isn't terribly banged up and the Dolphins have a massive QB problem on their hands. Yes, Tua has shown good things, but the one thing that separates him from Josh and just about every other QB in the league is that he can't stay healthy. Best ability is availability applies here. I respect Tua and think he's a great kid, but if he can't take hits, what's he's done up to this point doesn't matter if his lack of consistency is attributed to his inability to stay on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.