Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Great quote from ChiefsPlanet:*

...But man I am very worried that Von Miller is going to rape Orlando Brown Jr.

*Despite their reputation, their fan perceptions roughly mirror this board: respect to the opposing team (esp JA &VM) but with cautious optimism for a win.

Dumbest group of people on the internet 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

KC fans were awesome when I went there. Coming up to me in bars to welcome me, tell me about places to go, tell me how great Josh is and how they're worried about the game and we're so good. They're nice people who love their football. It's a perfect place to see a football game. Don't let Twitter throw you off.

Those same individuals apparently do not frequent their message board.  Cretans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Really? I read the entire thread. Another typical example, outside the few crazies:

The Bills are #1 in the league in yards per play on offense and #2 in the league in yards per play allowed on defense. The Bills are the best team in the league, and were last year, but we beat them. At home, with Mahomes, a toss-up.

Is that reasonable enough?

Well I haven't read their site yet about this game but last year was a different story. 

Granted, the Bills were kind of up and down in the middle of the year so I suppose it was warranted. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Those same individuals apparently do not frequent their message board.  Cretans.

i saw last week, while i was skulking around there in anticipation for this game, they had a 50 page "Are the bills overhyped" thread going on.... shoulda seen a couple of comments when the Hyde news came out. Dudes flat out rooting for it with comments like "good. stay down" and .... "stay down b****"... real classy. 

..... also i got a kick out of a season long 50 page bills thread on their front page.... can you say "rent free"????... also i understand theres irony in this comment as i admitted to checking out their board. 😂

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I think the performance of our offensive line against their defensive line is going to be pivotal in this game.

Correct x100. It’s the key to the game. It’s not getting stops against Mahomes. That’s not happening. It’s all about keeping up with him and that’s both (a) keeping josh upright to hit the big plays and (b) running the ball some at least to keep it away from Mahomes. 

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he just threw a toddler tantrum on tv about it. Then went on to say a Bills win means nothing because it meant nothing in the long run last year, but a bills loss would be devastating. 

Same dude that last week said Allen wasnt even in his top 4 for MVP...... All this after saying all offseason he feared and respected Allen. The dude just cant help himself. I said last week, and i still believe this, he must have realized he's much more marketable when he's railing on the Bills because he's been beating that drum louder and louder with each coming week.

What do you expect from a guy with an 11 year old girl’s voice.😆

18 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he just threw a toddler tantrum on tv about it. Then went on to say a Bills win means nothing because it meant nothing in the long run last year, but a bills loss would be devastating. 

Same dude that last week said Allen wasnt even in his top 4 for MVP...... All this after saying all offseason he feared and respected Allen. The dude just cant help himself. I said last week, and i still believe this, he must have realized he's much more marketable when he's railing on the Bills because he's been beating that drum louder and louder with each coming week.

How would a Bills loss be devastating? If the win meant nothing than a loss would also mean nothing.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The Chiefs have a good to great team.  The Bills have a potentially historic team and are rightly favored. If the Chiefs win it will be a close game.  If the Bills win I see equal odds on it being close versus us winning by more than 2 scores. There is almost no scenario where I see the Chiefs being able to win by 2 scores.

Does it really matter? A win is a win no matter the margin. Just ask the Raiders. Your point is really kind of strange. Where do you get the Bills have "potentially an historic team?" What does that even mean? I'm pumped about the game and think the Bills are slightly the better team. However, KC gets a huge home field edge too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

The injury status of the Bills roster is the defining factor of this game, in my mind.

I am confident that if Buffalo has Poyer, Edmunds, Knox, and McKenzie on the field, they can win this game. 

If they are missing any or all of those guys, my confidence in a victory goes down significantly.

At the end of the day, I have the gnawing feeling that last year's script will be reversed: We'll drop this game to KC in the regular season (largely due to injury depletion and missing guys like Tre White), but then beat them in the playoffs. I'd take that trade-off.

One thing's for sure: This game very well may decide the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs. Big, big game.

I think this is the game that the Bills injuries will really rear it's ugly head. The KC offense with Mahomes and Kelce are so dangerous. Reid will haveca great game plan to attack the Bills holes. Bill's should be able to stop the KC run. Phillips health is a big deal too. The Bills need to force KC to throw. The pass rush has to be relentless, disruptive, and (contain as much ad possible) Mahomes from running. I'd go back and look at the Tampa tape and the Cinci tape. If Fraizer sits in a bend but don't break defense the Bills will get shredded. Conversely, the same can be said for the Chiefs. Strange...

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

Spread is up to Bills (-3).  I know some of this is probably BBDS, but it's mind-blowing to see the betting public like our team so much.

Bills are just a better team than the Chiefs.  There really is no excuse for the Bills to lose this game.  If the Bills play their A game this game could get ugly. The Chiefs are not an elite team any longer.  I think the same could be said for the Bucs.  Many of us probably though the Chiefs win over the Bucs was much more impressive than it really was. Both teams are clearly a step below the Bills.

The Bills are now a heavy favorite to win the Super Bowl.  MGM has them as low as 3.25-1.  They should be too.  This is the best team in the NFL by quite a bit.

Edited by Bills2022

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I too like Cowheard and he's right. He's a huge Allen fan but he rightfully identifies the Bills biggest flaw in closing out close games. Our run game has yet to be established and we ask JA to do 95% of the heavy lifting. It's just not sustainable. Especially in the playoffs. 

No..it’s especially sustainable in the playoffs.  Josh will be our running game in the playoffs. He should be.  He’s a monster and is better than running backs.  In the regular season, it may not be sustainable because it’s 17.  Over the course of 3-4 playoff games….. it’s likely sustainable imo.  We just have to get him to the playoffs healthy.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No..it’s especially sustainable in the playoffs.  Josh will be our running game in the playoffs. He should be.  He’s a monster and is better than running backs.  In the regular season, it may not be sustainable because it’s 17.  Over the course of 3-4 playoff games….. it’s likely sustainable imo.  We just have to get him to the playoffs healthy.  

Your right do whatever it takes to win in the playoffs but I still rather have a running game. I want Allen around for 15 more years and the older he gets those hits will hurt a lot more. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.