Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Your points 2, 3, 4 and 10 are why KC is the better team and I have a hard time seeing the Bills beating them, especially in a january playoff game in BUF or KC.

Beane has done a great job building depth on the DL, but we still don't have a true Chris Jones type of game wrecker in the middle. Yes Von Miller is still very good but Mahomes has proven he is a master of evading pressure from the edge and it's pressure up the middle that has been a problem for him and most QB's, including the worst game of his career in the SB against the Bucs a few years ago.

Bills offensive line is all about finesse and one of the reasons the Raiders fared well last night and had a chance to win is because they were able to run the ball effectively. I'm still not sure the Bills can do this consistently which will ultimately be their downfall again in the playoffs.

I mean you have pretty much the same post every week, every season where you have a hard time seeing the Bills beat anyone so...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

And yet it happened .. just a season ago. The Bills were surely a lock for the #1 seed because they won a game in October… until they weren’t. It’s a big game, but far from the last word on playoff seeding for the 2022 season. 

ok, but if Bills lose Sunday then KC would need to lose two more games than Bills the rest of the way for Bills to get home field back. Not likely.

A Bills win is not a lock for home field, but a loss is a nail in coffin. This is big to have chance at home field.

17 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Can Arrowhead Stadium be referred to as “The Shiv” then?

and if FG kicker is up. It's "The Shank"

Edited by cba fan

One thing to note...According to DVOA future schedules, KC has the 6th hardest one in the NFL while Buffalo has the 21st hardest one.

Philly may finish with the best record in football, their schedule is the easiest in the NFL from now til the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

ok, but if Bills lose Sunday then KC would need to lose two more games than Bills the rest of the way for Bills to get home field back. Not likely.

A Bills win is not a lock for home field, but a loss is a nail in coffin. This is big to have chance at home field.

And why, exactly, does a win not make us a home field lock, but a loss is a "nail in coffin"?

Whoever wins is 1.5 games up.  That's it.  There are exactly zero teams (after KC) that I do not think we can steamroll.  

It may take running the table out of the bye week, but I also think Buffalo can absolutely do it.  

Conversely, if we beat KC, I also believe KC can do the same.  

Which is why BUF/KC are on another level from everyone else.  Buffalo, mainly due to talent - Most talented team in the league in both top heavy talent and depth.  KC, talent yes, but I think with them - there's a level of mystique.  

This is a big game for the Bills.  The Head-to-Head tie break might very well decide if the road to the Super Bowl goes through Orchard Park or Arrowhead.  Don't think the Bills front office doesn't know it.  I wonder if the Bills / Dorsey have been keeping a lot of their dynamic plays close to the vest so far like jet sweeps,  pre-snap motion, and heavy involvement of the TEs in the game under wraps for maximum effect this week. 

I sure hope so.

NFL Tiebreaker Rules for Division Titles

1. Head-to-head record

2. Record against divisional opponents

3. Record against all common opponents

4. Record against conference opponents

5. Strength of victory (combined record of defeated opponents)

6. Strength of schedule (combined record of all opponents)

7. Combined rankings in points scored and points allowed among conference teams

8. Combined rankings in points scored and points allowed among all teams

9. Scoring differential against common opponents

10. Scoring differential against all opponents

11. Touchdown differential against all opponents

12. Coin toss

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Cause it is Cowboys/ Eagles and ironically that is just as big a game now as this one

Yeah, but before the season started when this schedule was created with the hype of that Bills/Chiefs playoff game...  I think someone said CBS can protect games at times and they probably prioritized protecting this one.

37 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont think its "dont blitz Mahomes."  I've seen quite a few blitzes be effective against him this year.  I think its pick and choose the right moments to blitz him and make sure its a free runner that gets home.  Even if its not a sack it has to get there fast enough that he throws the ball away.

It’s hit Mahomes. Smack the Rat and win going away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this is pure BS. the Bills average a full 60 more yards of offense per game and allow 13 less points per game on defense. All with a schedule thats been on par with the chiefs. while the chiefs have been barely escaping close games with wins and lost to an awful colts squad. take this crap outta here. Going into arrowhead and taking a win is always a tall task and the bills may very well lose because the Chiefs are a dang good team, but you're talking like a fool. 

dudes talking out his rear end.... generally par for the course with him by this point in the year.

Please don’t feed

the Troll

• Like (+1) 1

Not surprising to see Chris Jones as the top DT for pass rush win rate...but look at who is 4th!  Da'Quan Jones is much more than just a run stuffer!

Von Miller slightly behind Parsons and 2nd in Pass Rush Win rate for edge rushers 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

40 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Not really.  Chiefs play the 6th hardest future schedule in terms of DVOA in the NFL.  Bills are 21st.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

For sure...going on 4th down is almost going to be expected in this game, maybe even from your own side of the field, which we see happening more and more now even early in games.

I wonder if some of that decision has to do with the style of defense a team plays. Say a team plays more of a "bend but don't break" style of D, the head coach might not view giving the opposing team the ball at midfield as that big of a deal. A HC may choose to bet his D can keep the opposing offense out of the end-zone. 

29 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

This is a big game for the Bills.  The Head-to-Head tie break might very well decide if the road to the Super Bowl goes through Orchard Park or Arrowhead.  Don't think the Bills front office doesn't know it.  I wonder if the Bills / Dorsey have been keeping a lot of their dynamic plays close to the vest so far like jet sweeps,  pre-snap motion, and heavy involvement of the TEs in the game under wraps for maximum effect this week. 

I sure hope so.

NFL Tiebreaker Rules for Division Titles

1. Head-to-head record

2. Record against divisional opponents

3. Record against all common opponents

4. Record against conference opponents

5. Strength of victory (combined record of defeated opponents)

6. Strength of schedule (combined record of all opponents)

7. Combined rankings in points scored and points allowed among conference teams

8. Combined rankings in points scored and points allowed among all teams

9. Scoring differential against common opponents

10. Scoring differential against all opponents

11. Touchdown differential against all opponents

12. Coin toss

You are using the Division Title rules.

Home Field advantage uses the Wildcard Rules.  Head-to-Head may not be applicable if 3 teams are tied.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.