Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Cover Kelce and don't blitz Mahomes 

Literally hit Kelce every freaking pass play off the line.  If he is inline hammer him with a DE prior to him rushing

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Bills at Ravens - Bills have grit as well. They usually kick the crap out of the other team so most of their wins are by two scores or more.

I find it funny that people want to punish the Bills for beating the hell out of teams instead of allowing them to hang around in games like the Chiefs do and win by one score much more frequently

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Call was legit. Came down with his weight on top of Carr. Now the one on Brady? Clean , textbook QB sack while he’s in the pocket. 

I get the call, but I disagree with it. He did his best to brace himself with one arm while he was recovering a fumble with the other. He went from being a tackler to being the ball carrier.  At the end of the day, I hate the Chiefs so I'm glad a call went against them, but I am concerned that the officials are impacting WAY too may games right now, often incorrectly. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Is Tre White coming back for this game?

highly unlikely. trotting him out there with only 3 days practice is not reasonable.

most, including myself, expect him to return on a capped snap count or %. i'd expect no more than 50% the first game and workign the way up from there.

ultimately i expect him on the field 100% with Benford and Elam benched for Jackson. Both the former will do substitutions based on scheme for the latter plus Tre.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

No, he hasn't even started practicing yet. And even if he did after not playing any football for 9+ months I highly doubt he would be very effective.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Where do the Chiefs have an advantage over the Bills? Anywhere? The Bills have a better overall pass offense. They have a better run defense. They have a better pass defense. They are more reliable in the kicking game with Butker out. The only area where KC is better is in the run game. But over the last 2.5 years, I can only think of one game where the Chiefs won primarily due to a run-first approach. It just so happened to be the game vs the Bills in 2020 (you could argue last week vs Bucs too, but Mahomes was pretty special in that one and did his fair share.) 

The 2020 game, the Chiefs followed the blueprint laid out by the Titans a week prior. Buffalo's run D was brutal. KC took advantage. The Bills addressed that issue, got better as the season wore on, and has since evolved into an elite unit. If the Chiefs try to go run heavy (I think there's a strong chance they do), the Bills will get enough early-down stops to force the 50/50 3rd-and-longs and will get off the field enough times. 

I just don't see KC's defense getting off the field once the Bills cross midfield. Buffalo is too hard to stop in four-down territory. 

Outside of Mahomes doing Mahomes things and Arrowhead Stadium magic, I just don't see KC being a serious threat here. I think the Bills get ahead early, maintain a lead throughout, and the Chiefs (if they play well) will keep it close but never seriously threaten. These teams are simply in different places right now. 

10 minutes ago, beebe said:

Where do the Chiefs have an advantage over the Bills? Anywhere? The Bills have a better overall pass offense. They have a better run defense. They have a better pass defense. They are more reliable in the kicking game with Butker out. The only area where KC is better is in the run game. But over the last 2.5 years, I can only think of one game where the Chiefs won primarily due to a run-first approach. It just so happened to be the game vs the Bills in 2020 (you could argue last week vs Bucs too, but Mahomes was pretty special in that one and did his fair share.) 

The 2020 game, the Chiefs followed the blueprint laid out by the Titans a week prior. Buffalo's run D was brutal. KC took advantage. The Bills addressed that issue, got better as the season wore on, and has since evolved into an elite unit. If the Chiefs try to go run heavy (I think there's a strong chance they do), the Bills will get enough early-down stops to force the 50/50 3rd-and-longs and will get off the field enough times. 

I just don't see KC's defense getting off the field once the Bills cross midfield. Buffalo is too hard to stop in four-down territory. 

Outside of Mahomes doing Mahomes things and Arrowhead Stadium magic, I just don't see KC being a serious threat here. I think the Bills get ahead early, maintain a lead throughout, and the Chiefs (if they play well) will keep it close but never seriously threaten. These teams are simply in different places right now. 

Bills need to continue their stellar opening drive TD run...they have scored TD's on 9 of the last 10 opening drives I believe, with Baltimore being the one where they didn't.

I also love Allen in this game...the bigger the moment the better Allen is usually(unlike what Skip Bayless says).

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

We have turned the ball over 9 times to this point in the season, good for 5th most in the league. Need to clean that up going forward. 

Can’t turn the ball do that against the Chiefs. 

That is very true. That has to be cleaned up and I think that every member of the Buffalo Bills from ownership down to the athletic training staff would agree with you. That being said, we're actually better that the Chiefs on TO differential. They don't turn it over, but they don't get a lot of takeaways either.

19 minutes ago, beebe said:

The one area the Chiefs are ahead is in Red Zone offense. They're 3rd in the league, scoring a TD 78% of the time, we're 21st scoring a TD 55% of the time.

The good news is our D is much better in the Red Zone than there's 9th (50%) to 31st (82%).

1 minute ago, billsfanmd07 said:

Outside of Adams, Oak had no WR's. They had a guy with crazy hair and he looked awful....Our 4 WR and Knox cant all be double covered. They may focus on GD or Diggs and I like our rookie to light it up.

and under the radar Singleterry is doing a lot of catching out of the backfield. 

Singleterry has 18 catches on 23 targets.

image.thumb.png.094aa07c911572e4625ea3bf509b1692.png

Does it feel like this week is the summit of the season schedule?  When the schedule came out:

@LA (TNF)

TEN (MNF)

@MIA

@BAL

PIT

@KC

Bye

That looked and felt daunting.  4 road games in six weeks, four on national TV.  While I am by no means discounting the remaining games, this feels like it has been building and building and building to this game.  After this, it's play out the string.  BUT THIS IS THE WEEK. Gut check time and then a long exhale.  Phew..

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Jason Witten was like Kelce had average speed but had one really patented move and always was open. Don’t have to be an athletic freak in the NFL 90 percent of the game is technique. 

Still I like Milano and Edmunds chances against Kelce much better then the crap I saw in Vegas. That team defensively is atrocious to begin with and they still should have won if Adams simply gets another foot down. 

I too like Milano on Kelce. But whoever's on him has to be extremely aggressive, to the point of risking interference penalties. If he's not getting catches, frustration may creep in. Also, there are no YACs with penalties. I'm not advocating giving up free plays, but I don't like the alternative. 

2 hours ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

This is definitely going to be the hardest test for the Bills. Mahomes is definitely elite. We have seen that we can hang with the Chiefs and actually beat them. The Bills are going to have to play a near perfect game to have a shot here. The things that give me hope on this game:

1. The Chiefs secondary can easily be picked on. If Carr can do it, then Allen can do more damage.

2. The Raiders were all over that offensive line last night. If everyone healthy, we can easily do the same as we have a much better Defensive line. 

3. You can run all over the KC defensive line. (Ok, not exactly our strength, but should be easier as KC is going to play to Josh's strength)

The rest is just going to be great football. If we win our main competition for tops in AFC is 2 games behind! Hate the wait, but Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to add:

(1) can the Bills RB effectively run on the Chiefs?

(2) how do the Bills stop Kelce?

(3) Will Elam and the Bills young inexperienced secondary finally be exposed by Mahomes? 

(4) I think the Chiefs dare the Bills to run. 

This is going to be a great test. How many of us last night knew the Chiefs were going to win even when down 17-0? Chiefs just know how to win and are never out of a game. The Bills need a relentless pass rush all game long. This is why we got Von!

51 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

No

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.