Philadelphia Eagles Schedule is a Joke

Coach55

Nothing against the Eagles and how good they are, but it is quite possible for them to win 14+ games this season and not actually play a real super bowl contender.  When the chips all fall, by the end of the season, they will play maybe 4-5 winning teams, none of which I would call upper echelon teams (maybe Green Bay - and even that is questionable now).  To boot, the only tough road game they have is Dallas.  In ranking the teams (Tier 1 - real contenders, Tier 2 - 1st round exit playoff team, Tier 3 - back into the playoffs if they are lucky, Tier 4 - 6-8 win teams, Tier 5 - please help them).  It is crazy how easy they have it.  When all is said and done, they may have the easiest schedule in the league. 

Tier 5 games (6):

@ Lions (win)

@/vs Commanders (win)

vs. Steelers

@ Texans

@ Bears

Tier 4 games (3):

@ Colts

vs. Jags (win)

vs. Saints

Tier 3 games (4):

@/vs Giants

vs Vikings (win)

@ Cardinals (win)

Tier 2 games (4):

@/vs Dallas (the only reason they are here, is they too have a joke of a schedule)

vs. Packers

vs Titans

The disparity between the NFC and the AFC is a joke.  Everyone of the following teams are better than any opponent Philadelphia plays this season:

AFC Teams: Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Ravens

NFC Teams: San Francisco, Tampa Bay

My prediction is they walk through their schedule, get the first round bye and get bounced at home when they actually play a real team.  

Edited by Coach55
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hurts is making the right plays. He was knocked for only being a running quarterback but he’s making some great throws. I think he’s taking that step towards elite status now that he’s got 3 legit weapons to throw to.
And the defense is pretty stacked. I wouldn’t want to play them right now. Their only downfall as with most of the better teams is health. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Hurts is making a lot of throws but not into tight windows.  When he plays against a talented secondary, his accuracy deficiencies will become more pronounced.  He is a good player and is fun to watch.  He is taking a bunch of big hits running near the goal line and I won't be surprised to see his season end early.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

We had a pretty cake schedule last year and didn't take advantage of it to the full extent we should have.

it was nowhere near as slack as the birds have this year.

Leeeeet's see how they do this week.

I'm predicting an L

• Like (+1) 1

It's a long season, with peaks and valleys for every team.

The Eagles do have a fortunate schedule for the most part - that happens every year to some teams somewhere

They haven't turned the ball over that much, and usually that regresses to the mean as well.

But they are well coached, well run, and Hurts is improving beyond most people's expectations

Super Bowl team - sure, why not?

Super Bowl champion, yeah I'm not feeling it with them

25 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Nothing against the Eagles and how good they are, but it is quite possible for them to win 14+ games this season and not actually play a real super bowl contender.  When the chips all fall, by the end of the season, they will play maybe 4-5 winning teams, none of which I would call upper echelon teams (maybe Green Bay - and even that is questionable now).  To boot, the only tough road game they have is Dallas.  In ranking the teams (Tier 1 - real contenders, Tier 2 - 1st round exit playoff team, Tier 3 - back into the playoffs if they are lucky, Tier 4 - 6-8 win teams, Tier 5 - please help them).  It is crazy how easy they have it.  When all is said and done, they may have the easiest schedule in the league. 

Tier 5 games (6):

@ Lions (win)

@/vs Commanders (win)

vs. Steelers

@ Texans

@ Bears

Tier 4 games (3):

@ Colts

vs. Jags (win)

vs. Saints

Tier 3 games (4):

@/vs Giants

vs Vikings (win)

@ Cardinals (win)

Tier 2 games (4):

@/vs Dallas (the only reason they are here, is they too have a joke of a schedule)

vs. Packers

vs Titans

The disparity between the NFC and the AFC is a joke.  Everyone of the following teams are better than any opponent Philadelphia plays this season:

AFC Teams: Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Ravens

NFC Teams: San Francisco, Tampa Bay

My prediction is they walk through their schedule, get the first round bye and get bounced at home when they actually play a real team.  

Dallas is probably a Tier 1 team now

• Haha (+1) 1

They are in the best division in the NFL right now.  The Top 3 teams are a combined 13-2.  Never criticize a team for their schedule.  The Bills schedule so far hasn't exactly been brutal either.  Bills opponents through 5 games have a combined record of 12-13.  Eagles opponents through 5 games are 10-15.  

Add in this week and the Cowboys are not exactly the Chiefs but their records say they are. 

So are you asking them to apologize for the schedule they are forced to play?  Typically easy schedules are a big reason why some teams win their division, get a bye or make the playoffs.  How is this different from any other year or those teams? 

I believe the Bills schedules in 2020 and 2021 were among the easiest in the NFL also. 

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm really not sold on the Eagles and they feel a lot like the Cardinals from last year so don't be surprised if they fizzle out soon and finish with 10 or 11 wins.

I'm also going to predict that the Cowboys win that division and hand them their first loss next week.

But your sold on the Dolphins?

• Haha (+1) 1

Hurts looks better than I thought he could, but this team is like the Falcons back in the early 2000’s when they looked like Gods all year and choked in the playoffs 2 years in a row, they played like 4 games a year against teams that ultimately ended up having winning records.  The NFC as a whole is awful.

@ Jets

vs Vikings

vs Browns 

@ Lions

@ Patriots

vs Jets

vs Dolphins

@ Bears

@ Bengals

vs Patriots

What’s the saying? Don’t ***** where you sleep?

Our schedule isn’t exactly a gauntlet to end the year either, and we’ve also benefitted from a very light schedule 3 years in a row heading into this year 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.