Secondary market tickets: Ticketmaster the only option?

JCBoston

I've purchased secondary market tickets in the past on Ticketmaster, and the "official" status (and the ability for me to manage my tickets through the Bills app) is reassuring to me.  But I can find cheaper prices on Seatgeek or StubHub (looking in particular for the Browns game).

How is the experience at the gate with tickets on these other platforms?

On the flipside of this what is the best platform to put tickets up for sale?  Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it to the Green Bay game and I usually just sell games that I can't make to friends but the resale value of these tickets is through the roof right now so I might try to put them up and see what I can get.

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

On the flipside of this what is the best platform to put tickets up for sale?  Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it to the Green Bay game and I usually just sell games that I can't make to friends but the resale value of these tickets is through the roof right now so I might try to put them up and see what I can get.

My brother put his seats for the Titans game in the club section up on Ticketmaster-got almost 4 times the cost for them 

Edited by Ya Digg?
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Used SeatGeek for the first time for the Baltimore Game - was fine.  Gametime looks to be another app that seems trustworthy although from what I've seen what you save by their "last minute" business model you lose in even higher fees.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Stub hub is the only service I use. It works great.  

Many of the tickets listed on StubHub are bots, listing tickets from Ticketmaster, that they will buy and seel you at a higher price the moment you purchase them on StubHub. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Many of the tickets listed on StubHub are bots, listing tickets from Ticketmaster, that they will buy and seel you at a higher price the moment you purchase them on StubHub. 

That makes sense when you look at the fees.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Hmmm. Never experienced that bit honestly I dont shop around that much as I always have found what I want on Stub Hub. I am admittedly a seat snob and mostly get club level even for Bills Pats playoff game last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Hmmm. Never experienced that bit honestly I dont shop around that much as I always have found what I want on Stub Hub. I am admittedly a seat snob and mostly get club level even for Bills Pats playoff game last year.

It's true.  I listed some of my seats on TM and found them listed on Stub Hub for a higher price.  If I removed my listing from TM, a few minutes later the listing disappeared from SH.  Put them back on TM, and they reappeared on SH.  I could even raise my TM price, and the price on SH would go up.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I bought two tix for Steelers game on craigslist, no ripoff ticketmaster price gouging fees.

Just make sure you use paypal goods and services to send your money NOT the normal friends/family where you just send someone you know money.  Paypal wont protect you otherwise.  

What you do is have the seller send you a simple invoice via paypal, it takes less than a minute, then you just pay it and the seller transfers your tix.  

If the seller wont do the invoice via paypal they're likely a scammer.

FYI I would say about a quarter of the tickets being sold by individuals for Sundays game were scammers.  Be sure to speak with them over the phone and look out for the cheap priced ones in prime locations.  

p.s.  ticketmaster charges ridiculous fees, its unethical and predatory pricing.  Try to avoid them whenever possible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.